St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
possibly but then there are those times when he is absolutely right but people still think he is crazy.

As the saying goes even a broken clock is right twice a day. But if it can’t be fixed, it has to go.

And for the record, Donald Trump isn’t crazy in the sense of having a major psychosis, like schizophrenia. He has NPD, narcissistic personality disorder. Which can’t be fixed.

Check the list of possible symptoms in the link. He’s got most of them.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...onality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...thank you for making the point for the President to invoke the Defense Protect Act back in February. When face with a threat, competent leader's ask:
1. What do we need?
2. Do we have it?
3. Let's secure it.
He invoked it in March after giving corporation the opportunity to meet his requests on a voluntary basis. If he would have done it earlier the spin would have been that he was attempting to be a dictator.
Even after he signed an executive order activating the use of the act for coronavirus supplies, Trump had argued that businesses were voluntarily pitching in and didn't need to be threatened by the invocation of the act.
"Frankly, they don't need someone to walk over there with a hammer and say do it," he said at the time. Trump invokes Defense Production Act for ventilator equipment and N95 masks - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah yes, you think that for the president to need to read national security information there needs to be a law that forces him to read the short daily briefing otherwise its just fine that he doesn't bother. Despite national security literally being the number one duty the guy has.

Ok then..
Ah yes, you think that for the president to need to read national security information there needs to be a law that forces him to read the short daily briefing otherwise its just fine that he doesn't bother. Despite national security literally being the number one duty the guy has.

Ok then..
Let me remind you it was your statement in post #363 "You are utterly and completely wrong. The PDB is required reading for the tiny handful of people at the very top of government which very much includes the president." I am still waiting for your evidence to back up this claim and ducking it as you tried in this post will not work.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As the saying goes even a broken clock is right twice a day. But if it can’t be fixed, it has to go.

And for the record, Donald Trump isn’t crazy in the sense of having a major psychosis, like schizophrenia. He has NPD, narcissistic personality disorder. Which can’t be fixed.

Check the list of possible symptoms in the link. He’s got most of them.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...onality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662
Oh do you have a medical degree? How are you going to validate this diagnosis that you have been so kind as to provide.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would it be possible in the next four months for the Republican party to throw Trump out.
But the Republican party brought him in. And they had opportunity to vote him out, so then there would be President Pence. They didn't.

Instil a new president that is capable of getting this disease under control and save the lives of tens or hundreds of thousands of Americans and then win the 2020 election?
It seems to me, how Governor Baker took care of Massachusetts; reportedly, certain authorities even confiscated medical supplies which Massachusetts had legally acquired, and still his administration managed to get things they needed, and even gave some to New York. And locals changed their businesses into medical supply manufacturers, with his assistance and publicity giving credit to them.

Anyone else can choose to do that, in one's own state, I suppose. And if they do not have what it takes to take care of their own state during a disaster, how can they have what it takes to take Donald out?

I was told the Democrats are giving in to far-left elements so they don't defect and start their own party and take votes with them, without which the Dems would fall to the Republican Party. Likewise, if ones were to take out Donald, votes could go with that, so the Democrats could easily defeat any Republican candidate.

So, they're stuck. It possibly is a see-saw divorce, with the kids going back and forth between parents, about every two or three elections.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh do you have a medical degree? How are you going to validate this diagnosis that you have been so kind as to provide.

I am an MD. I'm not a psychiatrist. I'm trained and board certified in internal medicine. I was in practice for 40+ years, and was on staff at a teaching hospital affiliated with a medical school. And I served on my hospital's ethics committee for over 10 years. Treating psychiatric patients is not my specialty. But I have enough experience to recognize mental illnesses and personality disorders when I see them.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am an MD. I'm not a psychiatrist. I'm trained and board certified in internal medicine. I was in practice for 40+ years, and was on staff at a teaching hospital affiliated with a medical school. And I served on my hospital's ethics committee for over 10 years. Treating psychiatric patients is not my specialty. But I have enough experience to recognize mental illnesses and personality disorders when I see them.
Psychiatrists should never provide professional opinions in the media about public figures they have not personally examined, the American Psychiatric Association reiterated in a statement. The association was reminding members about what is known as “The Goldwater Rule” — a guideline penned in 1973 after more than 1000 psychiatrists went public with views about US presidential candidate Barry Goldwater’s fitness to hold office, calling him, among other things, “a dangerous lunatic.”

Despite this longstanding principle, however, many medical professionals have continued to weigh in over the years, particularly on the health of US presidents. Richard Nixon was declared “paranoid.” Ronald Reagan was diagnosed from afar with Alzheimer disease. Bill Clinton was proclaimed a “narcissist.” More recently, cardiologists had a field day with Donald Trump’s cholesterol levels, belly fat and coronary calcium score.
Is it ever ethical for doctors to diagnose patients they haven’t examined?
Comments?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He invoked it in March after giving corporation the opportunity to meet his requests on a voluntary basis. If he would have done it earlier the spin would have been that he was attempting to be a dictator.
Even after he signed an executive order activating the use of the act for coronavirus supplies, Trump had argued that businesses were voluntarily pitching in and didn't need to be threatened by the invocation of the act.
"Frankly, they don't need someone to walk over there with a hammer and say do it," he said at the time. Trump invokes Defense Production Act for ventilator equipment and N95 masks - CNNPolitics

Yes, by mid March, Trump stated he would use mainly as leverage to get companies to act. By then there was already over 20k cases....the spread was well underway. A competent leader would have taken action much sooner to support our medical workers....

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, by mid March, Trump stated he would use mainly as leverage to get companies to act. By then there was already over 20k cases....the spread was well underway. A competent leader would have taken action much sooner to support our medical workers....
and you say that based on what, your opinion? It is so easy to look back with 20-20 visions and say what should have been, it is an entirely different thing when you are dealing with unknowns at the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and you say that based on what, your opinion? It is so easy to look back with 20-20 visions and say what should have been, it is an entirely different thing when you are dealing with unknowns at the time.

I say that based on the fact we alll saw what happened in Wuhan and later Italy.....and still waited until thousands infections were occuring within our own borders before acting at a Federal level to address supply shortages....

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I say that based on the fact we alll saw what happened in Wuhan and later Italy.....and still waited until thousands infections were occuring within our own borders before acting at a Federal level to address supply shortages....
And the Dr Fauci saw these same things and yet he made several errors in the recommendations he made. This was an exceptionally rare event no one was negligent, everyone was learning new information each day and adjusting to the conditions. Is totally unfair to blame people for not being perfect and making perfect decisions.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the Dr Fauci saw these same things and yet he made several errors in the recommendations he made. This was an exceptionally rare event no one was negligent, everyone was learning new information each day and adjusting to the conditions. Is totally unfair to blame people for not being perfect and making perfect decisions.

It's was a rare event for our country, but not the rest of the world. The US has a very deep bench of individuals who have direct experience with pandemics. Many voices, including former President George W. Bush, had warned the US was not prepared to deal with a pandemic. There was no excuse to wait until mid March to invoke the Defense Protection Act...and even then, the POTUS left it up to the private companies. He naively assumed they could turn on a dime and start producing mask, swabs, etc....

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let me remind you it was your statement in post #363 "You are utterly and completely wrong. The PDB is required reading for the tiny handful of people at the very top of government which very much includes the president." I am still waiting for your evidence to back up this claim and ducking it as you tried in this post will not work.

Required reading as in the guy can’t perform his job properly without that constant update of information. There doesn’t have to be a law passed to make something an essential part of a job.

Or with this guy maybe there does, although he doesn’t seem to care about laws either.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Required reading as in the guy can’t perform his job properly without that constant update of information. There doesn’t have to be a law passed to make something an essential part of a job.

Or with this guy maybe there does, although he doesn’t seem to care about laws either.
So you cannot provide any evidence, you can call me "utterly and completely wrong" but you cannot provide any evidence to back up that accusation, how irresponsible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So you cannot provide any evidence, you can call me "utterly and completely wrong" but you cannot provide any evidence to back up that accusation, how irresponsible.

You are wrong. And your lack of understanding about senior roles coming with certain duties is odd to me. You seem to imagine that you can effectively run a vast organization without bothering to do even the basic level of work. Then again Donald seems to agree with you, so the mistake is understandable I guess.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Looks to me like he did. How responsible.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are wrong. And your lack of understanding about senior roles coming with certain duties is odd to me. You seem to imagine that you can effectively run a vast organization without bothering to do even the basic level of work. Then again Donald seems to agree with you, so the mistake is understandable I guess.
No I am right and I have evidence, you have been asked for evidence, you have none, several media outlets including CNN has reported that the president does not read the intel report. So you are obviously wrong, I have provided evidence that you are wrong, now the question is are you going to be responsible or not.
FROM CNN: Trump is not known to fully or regularly read the President's Daily Brief, something that is well-known within the White House. He is instead orally briefed two or three times a week by his intelligence officials. The White House maintains he was not briefed about this in the oral session. Intelligence on Russian bounty plot was included in the President's Daily Brief earlier this year, source says - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No I am right and I have evidence, you have been asked for evidence, you have none, several media outlets including CNN has reported that the president does not read the intel report. So you are obviously wrong, I have provided evidence that you are wrong, now the question is are you going to be responsible or not.
FROM CNN: Trump is not known to fully or regularly read the President's Daily Brief, something that is well-known within the White House. He is instead orally briefed two or three times a week by his intelligence officials. The White House maintains he was not briefed about this in the oral session. Intelligence on Russian bounty plot was included in the President's Daily Brief earlier this year, source says - CNNPolitics

You think a report showing he's not performing his job properly somehow backs up your argument? That's... different.

Upvote 0