1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Could the blind................

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Hector Medina, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Hector Medina

Hector Medina Questioning Roman Catholic

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Greetings,

Welcome,Howdy and Hello

I will admit this is a strange question,anywho here goes:

Is it possible for the blind to drive?

Yes as in operate a motor vehicle like everyones does,like a car truck or van,a jeep sw or suv.......

You got the picture ;)

I noticed that blind individuals could do many things using thier other senses,read,walk,use utensils,use tools,do work(with special methods and assistance like Braille,guide dogs,staffs/canes,radio/video devices,etc.....) and much more to where at first,in many cases you don't know their blind untill they tell you or after a while and such.

And some could attain surgical work to gain/restore vision.

In fact many who are blind were born with vision and became blind during their lifetime(due to illness and such)and in a way still might have their vision since they have their vision in their memory.

What do you think of this?

Merry Christmas!

Hector

2. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Of course they can drive. The problem is to keep them from running into a tree, or falling into a ditch.

Luke 6:39 And He spoke a parable to them: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?

3. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    what do you mean by blind? Is it a person that is really blind or is it someone who isn't a christian? :help:

4. LewisWildermuth

LewisWildermuth Senior Veteran

+119
    Christian
    Single
    Yes with the right equipment someone that is blind could drive.

It would be expensive, but is possible to set up the entire countries road systems so that the blind could drive.

5. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,468
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    I know people who are "legally blind" who can drive with glasses on. Outright *blind*? Unlikely.

6. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Ahhh... ok were talking about real blind people. I don't think anyone that is really blind could drive.

7. coolhandluke

coolhandluke *a princess*

+9
    Calvinist
    I don't think it would be that great of an idea.

8. Hector Medina

Hector Medina Questioning Roman Catholic

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi All,

I appreciate the agreement:

LewisWildermuth I agree that the roads could be set with systems and vehicles with equipment :)

I detest the disagreement:

Blind(and other handicapped)people try to be as normal as possible and the U.S. supports them on that.
    With more technology and ideas the Blind will be right by our side in the expressway before we know it!

Merry Christmas!

Hector