• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Could I be so stupid that i made that mistake for a second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember having some thoughts about a workplace. normal thoughts. like "not so good job. if they don't hire me. I don't care. who would want to work there anyway. I don't care if they do not call me."

They called me and ocd started telling me that I may have made a promise that I do not remember not to go there again.

I have 0 memories about it but a part of my subconscious thinks that there is a chance that ocd is right, because it rings some bells to it. I mean, the hypothetical scenarios of ocd, rings some bells to my subconscious but I can't prove to it, that it never happened.

My ocd is about promises to God and I try to avoid so much, that if the word promise pops up, I remember and get so anxious about it. but still I do not remember having any thoughts about promises for this job. if, in case, they popped up for a second, it was ocd related and without my will and they are not valid.

Worst case scenario of the ocd, is that maybe I was carefree and wanted to act cool by making a promise to God, just for fun, because I knew I would never go to that workplace, since I believed they would not call me again. I would remember it. but what if I made the mistake just for a second and was on purpose? and maybe that is why I do not remember it but maybe my subconscious does. could I really be that stupid?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
could I really be that stupid...?
I'm stupid for continuing to answer your posts, when you clearly have no intention of heeding anyone's advice...

Do you realize that 52 of the last 60 threads in OCD were started by you and none have them have helped you in the least? You do not need advice. You need medicine.

Or you want attention (and have no interest in getting help).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
It's becoming part of his OCD regimen.
oh ok ...unsure what to do if its part of his OCD rituals...i know he cant just stop it emmm....he needs help

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.