• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Could anyone spare a prayer?

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Blaise N, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Blaise N

Blaise N Member

+201
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    Today I feel empty and scared,for some reason I’ve lost all fear and emotion,and I keep begging God for mercy,please pray for me,I want my faith back and it seems like I’ve lost it,I can’t feel anything,I’ve been used to fear being apart of me and when I don’t have any fear about it faith then I think I don’t care.Please pray for me

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. andreha

andreha Senior Contributor

+10,782
    South Africa
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Praying that the Lord's love shine down on you.

3. JulieB67

JulieB67 Well-Known Member

+341
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I've been there at times.

Prayers and stay in his Word.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+11,473
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That’s ok, sweetie, your faith and salvation are not based on how you feel; they’re based on God’s love for and work within you, and your response to His love, not how you feel. Feelings come and go, and can be deceptive; trust in Christ. Keep trusting Him. He loves you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Blaise N

Blaise N Member

+201
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    Please Anna,it feels like I’m becoming an atheist,I can’t feel any fear for hell,I feel like Jesus doesn’t love or care for me,I’m having a very hard time trusting him,what should I do!?

6. anna ~ grace

+11,473
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Spend less time focusing on your feelings, brother. Give your mind a break; God’s grace doesn’t need our feelings to save us, and many, many Christians struggle with this. Try a simple prayer; “Jesus, I trust in You!” Then, let go. It’s ok. Just keep going forward, friend. Know that He loves you, immensely, even when you can’t feel it.

He died for you, friend! Remember that. Keep that thought in your mind and heart when you are tempted to despair, or get scared. Christ died for you. This is abundant proof of His love, and care for you. Remember that.

7. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞ Christian ✞ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+5,515
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Praying for God's grace and light to be upon you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Blaise N

Blaise N Member

+201
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    How will I ever know I’m safe and loved? Right now it’s hard for me to even believe he’s there but I want to

9. anna ~ grace

+11,473
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Christ died for you. Keep that in your mind and heart. Don’t let go of that. It is an historical and theological fact which transcends our feelings.

10. Blaise N

Blaise N Member

+201
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    It feels like at times I’m forcing myself and I remind myself I’m not,I’m just very confused,could you think of any reason why God is allowing so?

11. anna ~ grace

+11,473
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Some people just struggle with mental illness, brother. It’s not a punishment, it’s just something that happens to people. Christ still loves you. Remember that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. EpicScore

EpicScore Member

+139
    Calvinist
    Single
    You're not alone, brother. Everyone of us have moments in our journey where we don't feel God's love, that following His ways feels more like a burden than joy, and that walking away might seem more appealing than staying, despite the consequences. Even Jesus struggled with that when He prayed in Gethsemane (Matthew 26:39), and when He was on the cross (Matthew 27:46), yet He remained in the path set out for Him because of His love for the father, and for His sheep (John 10:14-15).

That you're asking this question shows that you long to connect with God, which is a good sign. As for why God seems so distant at times, I suppose it's because this world as a whole have drifted so far from Him, and bombarded itself with so much noise and sensations -- whether from entertainment, advertisements, click-baits, gossip and even news -- that we have to strain to hear His voice.

Think of it like you're trying to call someone you love, but you're at a place with bad reception. If you truly love that person, will you give up on that call after a few failures? Calm down, find a better reception (immerse yourself with the Word that He's already revealed) and keep on pursuing Him.

Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you (James 4:8). And I pray that He will give you the faith and the delight in that faith as you remain in Him.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,354
    Messianic
    Private
    If you are very healthy a once a week water only fast with prayer will cause you to have great progress spiritually.

Fasting is a form of starvation. It is good to not overdo it. It can be harmful to your adrenals if you do.

I pray you will be given wisdom and insight as to why you are feeling so low, and that she will be led to a close relationship with your heavenly father.

14. William J

William J Member Supporter

+200
    United States
    Wesleyan
    Single
    Blaise, I pray that God takes away the troubling emotions you are experiencing. However, while those emotions are there, I pray that God gives you a faith that exists in the midst of those negative emotions and gives you a reassurance that God loves you no matter the emotions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Blaise N

Blaise N Member

+201
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thank you so very much

16. Mayflower1

Mayflower1 Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King" Angels Team Supporter

+2,855
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Praying for renewed faith, Blaise. Remember sometimes recommitting your life to Christ can kindle that flame again. Just cry out to Jesus. He hears you.

Come to Jesus