Could Adam and Eve talk to Animals like we can talk to each other?

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So the "shinning one" was given a punishment that he should crawl on his belly?
You are thinking in an earthly way - the Nachash wasn’t a snake. God was punishing him and using terminology that is symbolic of his judgement.

just like when Abel’s blood was crying out to God - it wasn’t literally crying.

The serpent was a divine being - a Nachash, which are also called Seraph(the Seraphim)

Go to the Hebrew. When God told Moses to put a “fiery serpent”, God said put a SERAPH on a pole, and Moses put a NACHASH on a pole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason for this question. It kinda puzzled me that Adam and Eve that they didn't seem strange for a snake talking to them.
Serpents that are actually satan the adversary can talk. Not so sure about other animals. There's the donkey of Number 22:28 whose mouth God opened to speak, but generally speaking animals and humans cannot communicate using the same language.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go to the Hebrew. When God told Moses to put a “fiery serpent”, God said put a SERAPH on a pole, and Moses put a NACHASH on a pole.

the Nachash in the garden was a divine being with intelligence greater than humans.
I did not know that. If that is true then well done. Much appreciated. I'll have to check that out.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
The reason for this question. It kinda puzzled me that Adam and Eve that they didn't seem strange for a snake talking to them.

Yes, they did.

But without an understanding of spirit (i.e. how spirit is the ruler over material), then it all looks ridiculous. Lots of spirits were in the "garden;" some of them were in "trees" (humanoid), some were in animals.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Serpents that are actually satan the adversary can talk. Not so sure about other animals. There's the donkey of Number 22:28 whose mouth God opened to speak, but generally speaking animals and humans cannot communicate using the same language.

Our closest living relatives are the great apes and they can't speak because their throat structure cannot support it.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But foxes can:

ONE hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: “I am sure they are sour.”
~~~ Aesop

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did not know that. If that is true then well done. Much appreciated. I'll have to check that out.
You’re very welcome :wave:

I encourage you & the others to take advantage of all the tools available on BlueLetterBible.org

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If one takes the serpent in the garden as a literal serpent, one then must think this same serpent eventually morphed into a literal 7 headed dragon at some point.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And the great dragon was cast out---meaning the 7 headed red dragon seen in Revelation 12:3.
that old serpent---meaning the same serpent in Genesis 3.

called the Devil, and Satan---meaning this same 7 headed red dragon seen in Revelation 12:3---meaning the same serpent in Genesis 3.

What's interesting about this, while a serpent can be pictured as upon thy belly shalt thou go, one wouldn't picture a red dragon doing the same. Keeping in mind, the serpent and the red dragon are one and the same.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
If one takes the serpent in the garden as a literal serpent, one then must think this same serpent eventually morphed into a literal 7 headed dragon at some point.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And the great dragon was cast out---meaning the 7 headed red dragon seen in Revelation 12:3.
that old serpent---meaning the same serpent in Genesis 3.

called the Devil, and Satan---meaning this same 7 headed red dragon seen in Revelation 12:3---meaning the same serpent in Genesis 3.

What's interesting about this, while a serpent can be pictured as upon thy belly shalt thou go, one wouldn't picture a red dragon doing the same. Keeping in mind, the serpent and the red dragon are one and the same.

Do you believe animals can be possessed by spirits?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe animals can be possessed by spirits?

Let's say that they can, and that this is what happened in the garden.

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Who is it that is being addressed and cursed here? Is it not the serpent? If the serpent was simply possessed, this leaves the one possessing it off the the hook, since it it is this serpent that is being punished, and not someone that might be possessing it instead.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Let's say that they can, and that this is what happened in the garden.

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Who is it that is being addressed and cursed here? Is it not the serpent? If the serpent was simply possessed, this leaves the one possessing it off the the hook, since it it is this serpent that is being punished, and not someone that might be possessing it instead.

In Eden, do you think materials and spirit were separated? In other words, did Adam have a spirit in him, or was he 100% carnal man in Eden? Moreover, if Adam was filled with a spirit in his material body, why was he punished for the fall?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eden, do you think materials and spirit were separated? In other words, did Adam have a spirit in him, or was he 100% carnal man in Eden? Moreover, if Adam was filled with a spirit in his material body, why was he punished for the fall?

They probably did have spiritual bodies in Eden before the fall.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’re very welcome :wave:

I encourage you & the others to take advantage of all the tools available on BlueLetterBible.org
Been there hundreds of times. I prefer Bible Hub and my own computer Bible software but Blue Letter is an excellent cite. I encourage you to at least cite the scriptural sources for not-commonly known information in the future so as to facilitate the verification of claims made. Many do not know the resources you and I routinely use.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. We communicated perfectly back then. We also will in the coming kingdom. Whether talking verbally or mental telepathy sort of thing, it amounts to the same thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0