United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have a dental appointment scheduled tomorrow morning. It is expected to cost at least a few thousand dollars. My dental insurance will probably only pay a portion and compensate me after I pay initially. Please pray the work can be done tomorrow and the cost kept down. I am planning to retire in a few months and will lose dental insurance and my disposable income will decrease dramatically.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have a dental appointment scheduled tomorrow morning. It is expected to cost at least a few thousand dollars. My dental insurance will probably only pay a portion and compensate me after I pay initially. Please pray the work can be done tomorrow and the cost kept down. I am planning to retire in a few months and will lose dental insurance and my disposable income will decrease dramatically.

I feel you. I had a few teeth removed a few years ago and had implants to replace two of them. It was indeed expensive.

I think the most disappointing part of the whole thing is that the two most expensive teeth I have in my mouth are way in the back where no one can see them. :(

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,574.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have a dental appointment scheduled tomorrow morning. It is expected to cost at least a few thousand dollars.
Have you considered having your dental work done outside the US? In countries like Mexico and the Philippines for example dental work can be 80 to 90 percent less in cost than in the US. You might find that it will be cheaper to travel to another country than to pay your local dentist to do the work.

In 2011 I was quoted over $4,000 for some dental work and was able to get the exact same procedure done in the Philippines for under $500. Even with airfare, food and lodging costs included for an entire month, I ended up paying less than half of what the work would have cost me in the US. I would imagine traveling to Mexico would be even more economical.

Just something to consider, especially if you need work done in the future since you mentioned you will be losing your dental insurance soon.

Upvote 0