• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Cortisol replacement therapy for PTSD and addiction

Tracy Butterhof

Jul 25, 2017
PHILADELPHIA
✟7,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm wondering if anybody else has been treated for PTSD with addiction with cortisol replacement therapy as I was. I was maintained on it for 2 years and have remained drug-free for 10 years. Problem is now I'm having panic attacks... an interesting fact is that it appears to be genetic and nature my father myself and my children all share the same low levels.... I would appreciate any thoughts research for experience in this area

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is other 'replacement therapy' quite a bit different than you were tested for and put through.
Keep looking for a "second opinion" from care providers/health clinics or individuals/ with various protocols used over the last 80 years, etc, it's not too hard (hopefully) to find - just not looked for if someone is never made aware of it.

Oh, and it is actually not 'genetic' except for being HUMAN, and having the same nutritional type needs and immune system needs as other Humans.....

People who live in the same 'area' / 'family'/ often have the same exposure to toxins or other health troubles environmentally, or the same lack of nutrients in food/ soil/ etc contributing to all the various issues for everyone locally. This is often wrongly called 'genetic' related.... but is really just the normal human body needs food/nutrition wise.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

AM29

May 2, 2017
Wilmington
✟7,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I was wondering if you could explain what cortisol replacement therapy is?? I suffer from PTSD and addiction but haven't heard of this kind of therapy. I would love know what is and look into it, that's amazing you've been sober for 10 years!! I want be able to say that someday. I pray you're not having panic attacks anymore!! God bless!

Upvote 0