Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This doesn't look good...
"China warns coronavirus can spread before symptoms show

Rising toll: 80 people are dead and more than 2,700 cases have been confirmed in mainland China, as the Wuhan coronavirus continues to spread throughout Asia and the rest of the world.
China on lockdown: Nearly 60 million people have been affected by partial or full lockdowns in Chinese cities as the country's government steps up its response.
Global spread: There are more than 50 confirmed cases in 13 places outside of mainland China, including at least five in the United States.
Contagious before symptoms: People can spread the virus before symptoms show, China's health minister said Sunday, complicating efforts to contain the outbreak."Coronavirus outbreak: Latest news and live updates - CNN

"Stocks tumble amid growing coronavirus fears
Global stock markets sank Monday amid growing fears about the Chinese coronavirus that has killed dozens and spread to more than 10 countries.

The MSCI All-Country World Index tracking stocks in more than 40 countries fell 0.42 to its lowest point in two weeks after the death toll from the virus rose to 81 and three new cases were confirmed in the US this weekend.

“The coronavirus is an economic and financial shock,” Bannockburn Securities chief market strategist Marc Chandler told clients, according to Reuters. “The extent of that shock still needs to be assessed, but it could provide the spark for an arguably long-overdue adjustment in the capital markets.”...https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/stocks-tumble-amid-growing-coronavirus-fears/

"China races to build hospitals to deal with coronavirus"

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This doesn't look good...
"China warns coronavirus can spread before symptoms show

Rising toll: 80 people are dead and more than 2,700 cases have been confirmed in mainland China, as the Wuhan coronavirus continues to spread throughout Asia and the rest of the world.
China on lockdown: Nearly 60 million people have been affected by partial or full lockdowns in Chinese cities as the country's government steps up its response.
Global spread: There are more than 50 confirmed cases in 13 places outside of mainland China, including at least five in the United States.
Contagious before symptoms: People can spread the virus before symptoms show, China's health minister said Sunday, complicating efforts to contain the outbreak."Coronavirus outbreak: Latest news and live updates - CNN

Global stock markets sank Monday amid growing fears about the Chinese coronavirus that has killed dozens and spread to more than 10 countries.

The MSCI All-Country World Index tracking stocks in more than 40 countries fell 0.42 to its lowest point in two weeks after the death toll from the virus rose to 81 and three new cases were confirmed in the US this weekend.

“The coronavirus is an economic and financial shock,” Bannockburn Securities chief market strategist Marc Chandler told clients, according to Reuters. “The extent of that shock still needs to be assessed, but it could provide the spark for an arguably long-overdue adjustment in the capital markets.”...https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/stocks-tumble-amid-growing-coronavirus-fears/

"China races to build hospitals to deal with coronavirus"
By one estimation there is a 3% fatality rate for those infected with the Novel coronavirus. These are mainly older people weakened with preexisting conditions.

In California 149 people have died of the flu in 2020. It did not make international headlines.

Both the flu and coronaviruses are most active in the winter and early spring.

There seems to be plenty of liquidity in the U.S. financial system. Sometimes fear itself is enough to cause a panic stock sell off.

On the other hand irrational exuberance drove people to buy into Ponzi schemes that eventually collapsed.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do believe this is corona virus is a sign of the end times. The corona virus got started by the Chinese diet in eating such things as whole bats and other creatures like that. In other words this has come about by the total rejection of God's recommended diet.

The earthquakes and volcanoes are also a sign too. But to me the greatest sign of the times is our political situation in this world. Ellen White described the situation of the antedeluvians like this:
In the days of Noah the overwhelming majority was opposed to the truth, and enamored with a tissue of falsehoods. The land was filled with violence. War, crime, murder, was the order of the day. Just so will it be before Christ’s second coming. The great multitude will be without Christ and without hope. {19MR 247.1}

Our political world today is filled with a tissue of lies that are transparently lies, but the world so hates truth that the lies are far more acceptable to them than truth is. We also have a completely fraudulent impeachment of our president going on based upon nothing but lies. Everything they have charged him with has been proven false time and time again, yet the same old threadbare lies are told again and again. It's like the Nazi's did during WW2. Tell the same lie enough times and people will believe it.

This love of a tissue of lies is not only in the political world. It is in the church too. It was true in Ellen White's day and even more evident today with the abandoning of truth going on today in Christianity as a whole, and the SDA church in particular.
If we only knew what is before us, we should not be so dilatory in doing the work of the Lord. There are ministers and workers who will present a tissue of nonsensical falsehoods as testing truths, even as the Jewish rabbis presented the maxims of men as the bread of heaven. These are given to the flock of God, as their portion of meat in due season, while the poor sheep are starving for the bread of life. Even now there seems to be a burning desire to get up something startling, and bring it in as new light. Thus men are weaving into the web as important truths a tissue of lies. This imaginary food that is being prepared for the flock will cause spiritual consumption, decline, and death.—The Review and Herald, January 22, 1901. {PaM 30.1}

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do believe this is corona virus is a sign of the end times. The corona virus got started by the Chinese diet in eating such things as whole bats and other creatures like that. In other words this has come about by the total rejection of God's recommended diet.

The earthquakes and volcanoes are also a sign too. But to me the greatest sign of the times is our political situation in this world. Ellen White described the situation of the antedeluvians like this:

Our political world today is filled with a tissue of lies that are transparently lies, but the world so hates truth that the lies are far more acceptable to them than truth is. We also have a completely fraudulent impeachment of our president going on based upon nothing but lies. Everything they have charged him with has been proven false time and time again, yet the same old threadbare lies are told again and again. It's like the Nazi's did during WW2. Tell the same lie enough times and people will believe it.

This love of a tissue of lies is not only in the political world. It is in the church too. It was true in Ellen White's day and even more evident today with the abandoning of truth going on today in Christianity as a whole, and the SDA church in particular.
Some people in Christian Forums testified about Ellen G White's false prophesy. They believed she is a false prophet after she incorrectly predicted the end of the earth several times. In spite of this I like a primarily plant based diet. I was told she was vegetarian. I worked with some Adventists who were vegetarian. They were nice to me.

How is it that you seem to ignore Trump's lies? He has been successfully sued for fraud before.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How is it that you seem to ignore Trump's lies? He has been successfully sued for fraud before.
?? I'm confused by this. Why are his lies more urgent or more important or more newsworthy? than the lies of all the other nation's leaders and corporations and so forth ?

Further, below ....
why is the "news", whether right or wrong,

affecting stocks and the economy so much, and who has always profited from such types of news, regardless if the news is or was true or false ?

(what does Scripture say about being anxious about anything ? The world is not bound by Scripture, but followers of Jesus certainly should honor God's Word, right ? )

“The coronavirus is an economic and financial shock,

who puts their trust in worldly possessions ? Where their treasure is, there their hearts are also, according to Jesus, right ?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What does what Trump did before he became president have to do with impeachment? It is not grounds for impeachment. Impeachment has a narrowly defined Constitutional set of grounds.
Trump could have robbed a bank at gunpoint, spent years in jail for doing it, and if he was still elected as president the robbery could not be used as a foundation for impeachment. Read your Constitution.

He hasn't done the things he's accused of doing. Russian collusion? A complete hoax. Steele dossier? The FBI used it to apply for FISA warrants so they could snoop on the Trump campaign knowing the dossier was not verifiable at all, yet swore it was truthful in the FISA application. That's government law enforcement misconduct, not Trump misconduct. The Ukraine phone call? It's nothing but another Russia hoax by the Democrats. They have lied their entire way through it, and all their own witnesses provided zero evidence against Trump. They all admitted they had no personal knowledge of Trump doing anything even close to an impeachable.

If the Democrats had shown any indications of searching for truth and justice, had come up with any real evidence, I would not be opposing an impeachment. But that is not the case. It's all a sham. Read the DOJ IG's report. It lists major misconduct by the FBI in 17 different instances. And the media is complicit in all of this for they were colluding with the FBI on a media leak strategy with the FBI. The corruption is absolutely blatant. Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, and many more Democrats have gotten on camera and lied repeatedly. Schiff actually made up his own version of the Ukraine phone call and read it in a press conference as if it was real. That's just blatant dishonesty. It's the entire theme of the Democrats attacks on Trump.

They try to wrap themselves in the constitution one day and tell us it's an old outdated document that needs to be done ever on the next. It's just whatever fits their political agenda on that day.

I am not a Republican. Both parties are way too corrupt for me to ever think about joining. So, I'm an independent. I basically have no skin in the game other than if the Democrats pull off this unconstitutional scam liberty in the nation is no more. That is a very big thing to me for our Constitution is the only guarantee we have of any liberty. There's not muich left to it at this point, but even that small amount is worth saving. What little guy will ever have a chance of justice if a scam prosecution can take down a president? The answer is none at all.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
?? I'm confused by this. Why are his lies more urgent or more important or more newsworthy? than the lies of all the other nation's leaders and corporations and so forth ?

Further, below ....
why is the "news", whether right or wrong,

affecting stocks and the economy so much, and who has always profited from such types of news, regardless if the news is or was true or false ?

(what does Scripture say about being anxious about anything ? The world is not bound by Scripture, but followers of Jesus certainly should honor God's Word, right ? )

who puts their trust in worldly possessions? Where their treasure is, there their hearts are also, according to Jesus, right ?
News has always affected financial markets. Who is entrusted with an estate and does not try to learn finance?

According to a website over 600,000 people a year died from the flu globally. A contagious corona virus killing 80 has caused panic in China. This fear has spread via the Internet.

Stock markets may recover, but this crisis caught people off guard. They had not foreseen what is happening. Fortunes will be gained or lost depending on people's perceptions and behavior.

Trump claimed the stock market was going up because of him. Now at least he can not brag about the stock market going up, because it is going down, nor are as many people believing in him as before. They should believe in God.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
News has always affected financial markets. Who is entrusted with an estate and does not try to learn finance?

According to a website over 600,000 people a year died from the flu globally. A contagious corona virus killing 80 has caused panic in China. This fear has spread via the Internet.

Stock markets may recover, but this crisis caught people off guard. They had not foreseen what is happening. Fortunes will be gained or lost depending on people's perceptions and behavior.

Trump claimed the stock market was going up because of him. Now at least he can not brag about the stock market going up, because it is going down, nor are as many people believing in him as before. They should believe in God.

So, Trump taking credit for the economy is a big offense? Well, you would have to convict Obama of doing the same, as well as every previous president back to at least the early 1900's. Remember Obama crowing about how he had lowered the unemployment rate? That's exactly the same thing, yet I don't see any condemnation of him for lying for taking credit for the economy. I see no evidence of fairness.

T

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, Trump taking credit for the economy is a big offense? Well, you would have to convict Obama of doing the same, as well as every previous president back to at least the early 1900's. Remember Obama crowing about how he had lowered the unemployment rate? That's exactly the same thing, yet I don't see any condemnation of him for lying for taking credit for the economy. I see no evidence of fairness.

T
Obama did not have three wives, nor did he pay inappropriate content stars money to keep quiet about their sexual encounters with him. Obama did not promise Mexico would pay for a border wall, then refuse to build the wall even after Congress sent him a bill authorizing payment for the entire wall. Obama was not asking Russian hackers to release stolen emails. Trump said he had done nothing wrong. The deficit is nearly a trillion dollars. He cut taxes without adequate spending cuts. Trump obstructed an FBI investigation into Russian election interference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Obama did not have three wives, nor did he pay inappropriate content stars money to keep quiet about their sexual encounters with him. Obama did not promise Mexico would pay for a border wall, then refuse to build the wall even after Congress sent him a bill authorizing payment for the entire wall. Obama was not asking Russian hackers to release stolen emails. Trump said he had done nothing wrong. The deficit is nearly a trillion dollars. He cut taxes without adequate spending cuts. Trump obstructed an FBI investigation into Russian election interference.

I'll just just say this. You watch far too much mockingbird media news. You've accepted as true news stories that are completely false. The media today is so corrupt it no longer cares about truth.

But, that's enough for me I don't want to destroy reddog's thread here. His thread is a good idea and deserves better than this.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟425,094.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like it has trapped some people trying to take a cruise..
"7,000 people are quarantined on a cruise ship off Italy as Chinese couple on board are tested for coronavirus

• Cruise ship Costa Smeralda has been quarantined in port city of Civitavecchia, near Rome, after woman fell ill
  • Chinese woman, 54, is thought to have reported fever and respiratory problems to medics Wednesday night
  • She and her husband have been placed in separate isolation rooms while they are tested for coronavirus
  • Ship has been placed on lockdown until results come back, with 6,000 passengers and 1,000 crew on board "
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7947003/6-000-trapped-cruise-ship-Italy-two-people-board-tested-coronavirus.html

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'll just just say this. You watch far too much mockingbird media news. You've accepted as true news stories that are completely false. The media today is so corrupt it no longer cares about truth.

But, that's enough for me I don't want to destroy reddog's thread here. His thread is a good idea and deserves better than this.
Yes, if the truth is brought out.

There's a mammoth amount of money being made , promoting fear by those entities in charge of it all.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟425,094.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lets try not to derail this tread with politics....
Anyway, here is the latest:
"W.H.O. Declares Global Emergency as Wuhan Coronavirus Spreads...
The World Health Organization declared on Thursday that the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak was a global health emergency, acknowledging that the disease now represents a risk beyond China, where it emerged last month.

The decision reversed the organization’s decision just a week ago to hold off such a declaration.

Since then, W.H.O. officials said, thousands of new cases in China and clear human-to-human transmission in several other countries — now including the United States — warranted a reconsideration of that decision by the agency’s expert committee."

W.H.O. Declares Global Emergency as Wuhan Coronavirus Spreads

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn't the whole thread and the news and the true and the false news all about politics ? !

Yeah, it's impossible to separate politics out of the story, but I was getting into areas that are purely political and neither this thread, nor this forum, are purely political. I'm the one that dragged the subject off-topic so it was up to me to make it right.

I don't think reddogs understands the political implications of this story, or if he does he has no desire to discuss it. Besides I've never seen reddogs show any kind of interest in discussing political issues. I don't know why but his motives are irrelevant.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
China is rigging the numbers of reported coronavirus cases. The following excerpt omits the charts that the article uses to give context to the text, so I'd recommend reading it in it's entirety.

We knew something was off a few days ago when China's National Health Commission reported that the number of people receiving medical attention over the Coronavirus unexpectedly peaked after rising at roughly 15,000-20,000 each day, and flatlined ever since, even posting three days of declines in the past week.

The sense that China was manipulating the data only grew overnight when according to the latest NHC data, the number of suspected coronavirus cases suddenly plunged by more than 5,000 to 23,589 from 28,942 the day before.

This Is How China Is Rigging The Number Of Coronavirus Infections

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sulpherdioxide (So2) emissions in Wuhan are off the charts. One of the byproducts of the cremation of bodies is So2. The following article shows the levels of So2 in Wuhan. Think this correlates with the number of deaths China is reporting from the coronavirus?

I have split the quoted text from the article so the map in the article is displayed larger than it would be inside the quote.

High sulphur dioxide levels at the centre of the coronavirus outbreak could be a sign of mass cremations, it has been claimed.

Satellite maps in recent days have shown alarming levels of SO2 around Wuhan, the Chinese city where the outbreak began.

In addition, there were high sulphur dioxide levels in the city of Chongqing which is also under quarantine.

Scientists say that sulphur dioxide is produced when bodies are cremated, and also when medical waste is incinerated.

But social media users who investigated the maps have suggested that dead bodies could be being burned on the outskirts of the city.
24546650-7986553-image-a-3_1581330897946.jpg

China has decreed that the bodies of coronavirus victims should be cremated in low-key funerals to prevent large public gatherings.

The country's National Health Commission said earlier this month that bodies should be 'cremated close by and immediately'.

On top of that, there have been repeated claims - albeit unverified - that officials are concealing a higher-than-reported death toll with mass cremations.

The high sulphur dioxide levels in Wuhan would be consistent with a high number of cremations in the city.

Does this satellite image show the scale of China's coronavirus cremations? | Daily Mail Online

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The US government is creating quarantine camps on military bases across the US near major airports. So far they have announced 11 quarantine camps.

If this coronavirus outbreak is not a serious threat, then why is the U.S. government preparing to quarantine victims all over America? As you will see below, 11 U.S. military bases located close to major airports are being converted into “quarantine centers” for potential patients. When I first learned about this, I was greatly alarmed, because we have all seen what is going on in China right now. People are literally being physically dragged out of their homes and are being forcibly relocated to “mass quarantine camps” with hordes of other very sick people. Sadly, many of them will never come out of those camps alive. If this virus starts spreading like wildfire here in the United States, is it possible that something similar could start happening here?

Back on January 20th there were only 4 confirmed cases outside of China and now there are 464. At this point there are victims in at least 28 different countries, and that number is almost certain to keep growing.

The reason why the virus has already spread to so many nations is because it is highly contagious. Scientists have discovered that it can be transmitted from person to person very easily, it has an incubation period of up to 24 days, and it can survive on smooth surfaces for up to 9 days.

If this coronavirus starts spreading very rapidly in the western world it is going to create a tremendous amount of panic. Many are still trying to compare this virus to the common flu, but that is a huge mistake. China would never lock down major cities for weeks on end for the flu.

Obviously something really big is happening, and the U.S. government is preparing for a worst case scenario. According to the Miami Herald, 11 military bases inside the United States are currently in the process of being transformed into “quarantine centers”…

To see the list of military bases click on the link below and read the entire article.
Why Is The Government Turning 11 Military Bases Inside The US Into Quarantine Camps?

Upvote 0