Coronavirus Poll: 9 in 10 Children Experiencing ‘Enjoyment,’ ‘Happiness’ at Home with Family

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Children may be benefiting from the stay-at-home orders many states have in place during the coronavirus outbreak in the United States. According to a Gallup poll, a large majority of children report “enjoyment” and “happiness” while spending their days with their families.​

Gee, whodathunkit? Family’s spending more time together is good for people and society. That’s the ideal, not some Orwellian indoctrination camp public school. In the “age of absconding fathers”, as Benedict XVI put it, I hope this has a good impact long term for or kids.

Coronavirus Poll: 9 in 10 Children Report ‘Happiness' Staying Home

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Children may be benefiting from the stay-at-home orders many states have in place during the coronavirus outbreak in the United States. According to a Gallup poll, a large majority of children report “enjoyment” and “happiness” while spending their days with their families.​

Gee, whodathunkit? Family’s spending more time together is good for people and society. That’s the ideal, not some Orwellian indoctrination camp public school. In the “age of absconding fathers”, as Benedict XVI put it, I hope this has a good impact long term for or kids.

Coronavirus Poll: 9 in 10 Children Report ‘Happiness' Staying Home
It’s definitely time to get to know your children and children to get to know their parents and siblings. Many have found that to be a blessing in all of this.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If it weren't for this virus, I would be enjoying the "down time" we're having. I miss my grandkids though--my son's house is in "total lockdown" (I can't blame them.)

Sorry Chrystal, hopefully you'll be able to see them in person again sooner rather than later!

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sorry Chrystal, hopefully you'll be able to see them in person again sooner rather than later!
Thanks Fenwick! They're 4 and 6. So cute and smart. (Had to brag. lol)

• Winner
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON
Everyone was sent a notification that the thread had a cleaning. It has received another cleaning due to posts that are Disruptive. The initial cleaning was due to the fact that this is a "safe haven" for Catholics and the posts were either in direct violation or in a line of posts that were in violation. To quote the Statement of Purpose:

OBOB welcomes non-Catholic guests who wish to fellowship or ask respectful questions.

Definition of a Fellowship Post

It is not:

It is not debate.
It is not apologetics.
It is not answering questions related to the beliefs of the group.
It is not teaching in any way on any issue

It is:
Essentially Fellowship is defined as a discussion of topics of association, of companionship - i.e. discussions of things like friends, family, work..... these are fellowship posts. And posts that genuinely offer friendship would certainly be described as fellowship.

Remember that the beliefs of a group can be wide. You may think a social issue is not part of their beliefs but it may, to them, be inseparable and integral to their beliefs.

and a note on Disruptive posts:

Disruptive Behavior, Campaigning, Staff Disciplinary Action
To maintain the peace and harmony on CF you must refrain from doing the following on the public forums:

• Making posts that speak of any Staff action either with you or another member (including any bans, warnings, or editing or removal of posts)
  • Complaining about another members posts/threads, Christian Forums or it's Staff
  • Spite reports - e.g. reporting in retaliation, multiple reports on a member using opposing arguments but are not violations, or repeatedly reporting a member in harassment.
  • Attempting to undermine these rules or policies via campaigns, petitions, or protests is not allowed
If you feel the need to discuss another members behavior, or have a issue about CF, it's staff or policies, please make a Ticket in Support and discuss it in private with our Admins and Advisors.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not think you’ve ever told us what your fur baby’s name is. I know mine love it as well.

Toshi :) The story is that my wife named our other fur baby Duchess so I got to name our second fur baby and I looked at my desk and saw my Toshiba laptop and I thought Toshi :)

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Toshi :) The story is that my wife named our other fur baby Duchess so I got to name our second fur baby and I looked at my desk and saw my Toshiba laptop and I thought Toshi :)
That’s a cute name. :)

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0