Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this isn't sensational but who cares, right? We're to teach the truth, clicks or not.
The video makes the argument that the signs listed of Christ in Matthew 24 / Mark 13 / Luke 21, all fall within the context of the tribulation, not the church age, including his reference to an increase in earthquakes and pestilences.
Is the virus pointing to more trouble ahead? Quite possibly yes, but church age "signs" are the Braxton-Hicks contractions of the spiritual world - they're not the real deal signs, but they do foreshadow them.
May this also comfort your souls.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ve had people tell me repeatedly that a red moon is a “ sign”. I know what causes the moon to be red so I think that’s ignorant superstitious nonsense. It’s red during lunar eclipses because the earth’s shadow is blocking most of the light . And it’s red when It’s near the horizon because you’re seeing it through more of earth’s atmosphere and it’s thicker at that point

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HAHA thanks Dr Antonios. The intro in your video. I really liked your video. I praise and thank the Father. Thank you for sharing it.

I always wondered about whats coming or happening before He comes in the air for His Church. I know in 2008 (take with a grain of salt is ok) "something bad is coming on this earth but before that something wonderful will happen. Watch and pray watch and pray watch and pray be ready". I know what that sounds like yet I take it exactly as was said and don't add anything to it.

So ya hear from some its gonna get worse and worse..others its going to be a great move of God. Just wondering what you think :) I ask because "Is the virus pointing to more trouble ahead? Quite possibly yes," I know the earth reacts to sin which is not getting better. I now Satan knows his time is short.. blah blah blah

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A sign of the last times happened as the Holy Spirit visited the disciples on the day of Pentecost:

Acts 2 (WEB) 14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and spoke out to them, "You men of Judea, and all you who dwell at Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these aren't drunken, as you suppose, seeing it is only the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what has been spoken through the prophet Joel:
17 ‘It will be in the last days, says God, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh. Your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions. Your old men will dream dreams.
18 Yes, and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days, I will pour out my Spirit, and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the sky above, and signs on the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
21 It will be, that whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Joel 2:28 (WEB) "It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions.“

Upvote 0

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HAHA thanks Dr Antonios. The intro in your video. I really liked your video. I praise and thank the Father. Thank you for sharing it.

I always wondered about whats coming or happening before He comes in the air for His Church. I know in 2008 (take with a grain of salt is ok) "something bad is coming on this earth but before that something wonderful will happen. Watch and pray watch and pray watch and pray be ready". I know what that sounds like yet I take it exactly as was said and don't add anything to it.

So ya hear from some its gonna get worse and worse..others its going to be a great move of God. Just wondering what you think :) I ask because "Is the virus pointing to more trouble ahead? Quite possibly yes," I know the earth reacts to sin which is not getting better. I now Satan knows his time is short.. blah blah blah

The post-millennial view posits a gradual betterment of mankind ushering in the millennial kingdom.
That view goes against the grain of scripture and history.

The pre-millennial view posits a gradual worsening of mankind ushering the tribulation period.
That view matches scripture and history.
That doesn't mean that we can't revivals here and there, but overall, things get worse, not better, until our Lord comes.

Upvote 0

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A sign of the last times happened as the Holy Spirit visited the disciples on the day of Pentecost:

Acts 2 (WEB) 14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and spoke out to them, "You men of Judea, and all you who dwell at Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these aren't drunken, as you suppose, seeing it is only the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what has been spoken through the prophet Joel:
17 ‘It will be in the last days, says God, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh. Your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions. Your old men will dream dreams.
18 Yes, and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days, I will pour out my Spirit, and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the sky above, and signs on the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
21 It will be, that whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Joel 2:28 (WEB) "It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions.“

Those are tribulation signs to come, not church age signs, and these things did not occur in Acts 2.
Peter was telling them that they were about to occur, but they never did, because the Jews rejected their Messiah again in Acts.

Upvote 0

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve had people tell me repeatedly that a red moon is a “ sign”. I know what causes the moon to be red so I think that’s ignorant superstitious nonsense. It’s red during lunar eclipses because the earth’s shadow is blocking most of the light . And it’s red when It’s near the horizon because you’re seeing it through more of earth’s atmosphere and it’s thicker at that point
You're right in that the blood moon that Revelation speaks of will be literally blood, not just a red hue.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those are tribulation signs to come, not church age signs, and these things did not occur in Acts 2.
Peter was telling them that they were about to occur, but they never did, because the Jews rejected their Messiah again in Acts.
God poured out his spirit on the day of Pentecost. It was the baptism of the Holy Spirit. There will be wars and rumors of war, earthquakes, famines and pandemics, but these are not the end of the world.

Upvote 0

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God poured out his spirit on the day of Pentecost. It was the baptism of the Holy Spirit. There will be wars and rumors of war, earthquakes, famines and pandemics, but these are not the end of the world.
No one denies that the Spirit was poured on a limited number of people in Acts 2, but the things Peter quotes from Joel 2 did not happen on Pentecost (Peter was simply prophesying what was supposed to happen next if Israel repents):

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Everything highlighted above did not happen in Acts 2 but will happen when the tribulation resumes after the rapture of the church.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one denies that the Spirit was poured on a limited number of people in Acts 2, but the things Peter quotes from Joel 2 did not happen on Pentecost (Peter was simply prophesying what was supposed to happen next if Israel repents):

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Everything highlighted above did not happen in Acts 2 but will happen when the tribulation resumes after the rapture of the church.
The sun being turned to darkness might signify total solar eclipses. Blood red moons were the result of total lunar eclipses. Wonders in the heavens and on earth happened. A volcanic eruption produced pillars of smoke and of fire.

You do not believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost was God pouring out his spirit on all flesh. For all flesh to receive the Holy Spirit might require the destruction of this world and the creation of a new heaven and earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The pre-millennial view posits a gradual worsening of mankind ushering the tribulation period.
That view matches scripture and history.

What a sad, pessimistic view that renders the Jesus and His Church impotent and powerless in the age of the everlasting Gospel where righteousness dwells, which Jesus Himself ushered into existence.

Contrary to the sad, sorry defeatism of premillennialists, scripture teaches us
we are to subdue kingdoms and establish righteousness as the Hebrews 11 heroes did:

Hebrews 11:6, 32-33
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him...for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions

The Christian Church walks in this great heritage of unstoppable faith just like our Hebrews 11 brothers and sisters. We are in process of subduing kingdoms, establishing righteousness, and asserting Christ's dominion over all nations through the same faith of David, Samuel, Joshua, and Moses had.
Nothing can stop us (Matthew 16:18-19).

2 Corinthians 5:18-20
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as God did beseech you by us

So we can see that at this time God is reconciling all the world unto himself.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them [past tense]: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 2:13
ye have overcome the wicked one.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith

That doesn't mean that we can't revivals here and there, but overall, things get worse, not better, until our Lord comes.
Compared to the state of the planet 2000 years ago, there is no question that both the moral sense and the covenantal reality of nations have been radically changed for the better by Christ and the Church. Here's a great quote from David Chilton about the progress of Christendom:

"Examples could be multiplied in every field. The whole rise of Western Civilization - science and technology, medicine, the arts, constitutionalism, the jury system, free enterprise, literacy, increasing productivity, a rising standard of living, the high status of women - is attributable to one major fact: the West has been transformed by Christianity. True, the transformation is not yet complete. There are many battles ahead. But the point is that, even in what is still largely an early Christian civilization, God has showered us with blessings." - David Chilton

Just look at how Christian post- and a-millennialists built this great country!

And, sadly, just look at how Christian pre-millennialists abandoned this country. Since the mid-1800s, C.I. Scofield and DL Moody and Hal Lindsey (and even you here George) have been teaching a message that America is doomed "according to the bible." They even taught that voting and participation in civil duties were pointless. Such "prophetic inevitibility" and doomsaying doesn't create kingdom-buliders like Moses or Paul or George Washington--it creates only visionless do-nothing Christians. Only kingdom-advancing views such as preterism, postmillennialism, and certain ranks of amillennialism will be able to save our country and empower Christians to build newer and more godly ones for the future. America wasn't built by dispensationalists, but it sure has been hurt by them. Their theology of defeat must be resisted and trumped by the victorious truth about Christ and the kingdom.

None of this speaks kindly for the cowardice, abandonment, and dereliction of duty dispensational pre-millennialists have taught to our country and the Church. Endtimes madness--like that which paralyzes most pre millennialists and prevents them from experiencing the victory of our faith--must be ended if America is to return to her great heritage. The heathens aren't supermen, they're just plain old pagans who believe there is a future, and that the future belongs to anyone with the courage to fight for it.

The constant fearful statements and despair that pre milennialists express about the world and their daily lives shows us that their doctrine that fuels such a "defeat mentality" is not based on FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE. Compare Joshua to the other spies who were afraid and gave a bad report about the land. That story is like post millennialists and and pre millennialists today. Pre Mil's are the spies who always fearfully say "there are giants in the land!" Post and A-Millennialists are the JOSHUAS who say "THE LAND IS OURS! LET'S TAKE IT. God has given the land to US!"

We must not be fooled by the cowardly Christians that say "b-b-but...there are giants in the land!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 3:1-13 KJV
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. [2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, [3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, [4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; [5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. [6] For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, [7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. [8] Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. [9] But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was. [10] But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, [11] Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. [12] Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. [13] But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Oops.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the Apostles, The Last Days, indeed the last hour, at the end of the age, came in the 1st century, on time, as prophesied...
Acts 2:14-21, Hebrews 1:1-2, Hebrews 9:26, 1 Corinthians 10:11, Jude 1:17-18, 1 John 2:18

We are not to teach differently.
Oops indeed...

You're right, 2Timothy 3:1-13 sound nothing like the last 2000 years.

One of the largest homiletical commentary sets of its kind ever written, “The Pulpit Commentary”, involved one hundred contributors over thirty years. It was published in 1880-1897 and is still widely used. Its commentary on Daniel 7:18 is a quintessential example of post-millennial replacement theology’s madness –written on the eve of World War I and the Communist Revolution:
  • “The Church is thus the true ultimate state. If we regard the Church as a society formed of those who are mutually attracted to each other, have a mutual love for each other, and have a common love to God, then all the history of the world is tending towards the establishment of such a society, universal as the world. National hatreds are much less acute now than they were. Despite the efforts to rouse class against class, there seems more sympathy between classes than there was. The final break-down of national and class oppositions, not necessarily by the abolition of either class or nation, will prepare the way for the Christ-commanded love which is the tie that unites the members of the true eternal Church of God.”
And then the 20th century happened - the bloodiest ever. Oops.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And then the 20th century happened - the bloodiest ever. Oops.

Actually, Deaths resulting from war and violence have been on a steady decline - so much so that overall violence may have now reached its lowest point in the history of the human race.
The Visual History of Decreasing War and Violence

Hallelujah!
Nations Rise and Fall...but Christ and the Church, His body, was victorious, is victorious, and shall continue in victory.
NOTHING can Stop us. (Matthew 16:18)

Don't emulate the fearful spies crying "there's Giants in the land we must flee", join me and be a Joshua! and stand with me to Boldly proclaim "The Land is ours! God Gave it to US! Let's TAKE IT!"
We're on the winning team... It's high time we quit cowering and praying to escape...
Let's take what is ours! NOTHING can stop us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, Deaths resulting from war and violence have been on a steady decline - so much so that overall violence may have now reached its lowest point in the history of the human race.
The Visual History of Decreasing War and Violence

Hallelujah!
Nations Rise and Fall...but Christ and the Church, His body, was victorious, is victorious, and shall continue in victory.
NOTHING can Stop us. (Matthew 16:18)

Don't emulate the fearful spies crying "there's Giants in the land we must flee", join me and be a Joshua! and stand with me to Boldly proclaim "The Land is ours! God Gave it to US! Let's TAKE IT!"
We're on the winning team... It's high time we quit cowering and praying to escape...
Let's take what is ours! NOTHING can stop us!

You guys thinking you're Israel and stealing her promises and thinking that the millennial kingdom is here and now is the reason for many of these wars.

"All kingdom-builders are bloody-killers" - Peter Ruckman

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You guys thinking you're Israel and stealing her promises and thinking that the millennial kingdom is here and now is the reason for many of these wars.
If you want to blame me for the fact that Wars and Violence are on a steady decline as the Church continues to assert her dominion, I'm ok with that.

Here's the Biblical truth.
True Israel is made up of the following citizens:

(1) Jesus and his first century Jewish followers and converts (Gal 6:15-16; Phil 3:3; 1 Peter 2:9)

(2) The Old Testament believing jews and converts to the covenant (Eph 2:19-22)

(3) The gentile converts who were added in during Paul's ministry and made partakers of Israel (Eph 2:11-3:11; Col 2:24-27; Romans 11:17-23)

That is who Israel is according to the scriptures.

The Remnant of the elect Jews followed God by following Jesus and his jewish apostles. They are True Faithful Israel. Their jewish brothers who disobeyed and fought against them were cut off from among the people, as stated in Acts 3:22-24. The Rock crushed them (1 Pet 2:7-8/Mt 21:43-45), for they rejected the time of God's visitation (Luke 19:40-44). And George, this is the same pattern that took place in Isaiah's day and in Elijah's day -- i.e., the REMNANT of the jews is true Israel and the rest are destroyed and do not have any heritage (Rom 9:27/Rom 11:2-5).

You have replaced the faithful, obedient remnant of The true Israel with the Unfaithful wicked ones as the true Heirs today. You have the wicked Sons stealing the promises that rightfully belong to the faithful remnant!

In contrast to your teaching, The Israelite apostles of the Jewish Messiah say I am a Jew (Rom 2:27-29), say I am "Abraham's seed" (Rom 4:16/Gal 3:29), say I am "the peculiar people, royal priesthood, holy nation" (1 Pet 2:9-10), say I am the circumcision-less Israel of God (Gal 6:15-16), say I am "no longer a stranger but a fellow citizen" (Eph 2:19), say I was once not a people but now am the people of God (1 Pet 2:10) and say I am the circumcision (Phil 3:2-3). Each and every one of these statements takes a key identifier/distinctive of Israel and labels me with it. Meanwhile, Christ calls the disobedient genetic sons of Abraham the "sons of satan" and the "synagogue of satan" (Rev 2:9/John 8:39-47), and St. John says that those who deny the Son have no claim whatsoever to the Father (1 Jn 2:23) All of which is in direct opposition to your teaching.

You count only the disobedient Jews as Israel!
In your teaching, The obedient Israelites, who get baptized, somehow cease to be Israel. That's completely backwards. Completely. I hope you will someday teach the truth: namely, that the jews who refuse to get baptized get "cut off from among the people of God" (Acts 3:22-24) and cease to be "sons of Abraham." Such disobedient ones are called "sons of satan" (John 8:39-47/Rev 2:9). You are turned completely around backwards with regard to this topic. Jesus Christ, The apostles and Mary and Joseph and their followers, Jew and gentile, are TRUE ISRAEL and the true church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0