Coronavirus: Compliance with social distancing during early stages linked to working memory,...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...study finds

From the article-

The researchers surveyed 850 US residents between March 13 and March 25

A new study published in the
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences claims compliance in America with social distancing during the early stages of the coronavirus pandemic is linked to working memory.

The study, “Working memory capacity predicts individual differences in social-distancing compliance during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States,” assessed the working memory, personality, mood and fluid intelligence of test subjects; the researchers surveyed 850 U.S. residents between March 13 and March 25.

The study found a link between working memory and social distancing, and subjects -- noting more benefits than costs -- with higher levels of fluid intelligence, fairness and agreeableness followed the new rules of social distancing compliance, the study found.

Continued below.
Coronavirus: Compliance with social distancing during early stages linked to working memory, study finds

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well that doesn’t make people who refuse to wear masks look good .

2F77B929-9E96-4BAF-9011-5415BB404FDE.jpeg

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To me that article seems like it was written to manipulate people into being more compliant by mashing it seem like it is a sign of intelligence. I guess most people have never had a used car salesman tell them "a smart guy like you can surely see..... therefore only an idiot would pass on this car"
The article is reporting on a study. If you want to refute it you should tell us what about the study was flawed. A knee-jerk rejection to the conclusion of a study without any real analysis of the studY itself, and without reading any of the actual study, makes it look like you are just dismissing info that doesn’t fit your personal views.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,620.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think this article is wholly inaccurate. Just the other day two smartly dressed habadashers sold me the finest gown made from the most beautiful silk, linen, and lace and they assured me that it would be appreciated best by the wisest amongst us. Well the entire day people in masks,gloves and face shields were whistling at me, cheering for me and couldn't take their eyes off me. I must live in community of the wisest people.

I see your point but did you story really happened?^_^

Upvote 0