United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We however should take prudent precautions, especially if you have underlying conditions, poor health or live with a vulnerable person. If you are healthy then you can maybe afford to have a lower level of concern. The higher level of new cases is not simply an artifact of more testing as hospitalizations, critical care hospitalizations and fatalities are also rising. Fatalities lag new cases by at least 3 weeks so the significant case rise in the past week will not be reflected in numbers of fatalities for awhile. I am only posting this information in this subforum because there are more persons here who are likely in a vulnerable category. What you choose to do with this information is your perogative.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I also believe that you should pray for your heslth and the health of your loved ones and that God still works miracles and heals. But I also believe that reasonable caution should be exercised in these difficult times, not however that we need to be cringing in fear.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟790,449.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
We're now in lockdown, although places of education are staying open. We are not allowed to have visitors, either in the home or garden, and we can only meet one person outside in a public place. However adults living alone, or just with children, can form a social bubble with one other household and act as a single household. We are allowed out once a day for exercise, for which I'm very thankful, and for essential reasons such as food shopping, medical necessities etc. There are exceptions to these rules for certain groups or situations.

I think it's a good idea really, especially to close places of entertainment where so many people cluster together, but I feel for those whose businesses are affected. However we've had 48,000 fatalities (population c 67 million) and I think about 90,000 more was projected if we didn't take action now.

It's due to end 2nd December.

• Prayers
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have a small population in Australia, I think it is comparable to Scotland although much larger.
Victoria went into hard lockdown a few months ago and has been opening up very slowly.
We have had ten days of no new cases and no deaths.
It can be done but it is very hard.
Today they have opened up for travel to be allowed into the regional areas so I am hoping to see my sister soon.
We still have to wear masks outside but that's a small price to pay for the safety of others.
Of course Covid19 is still "out there" but hopefully it will be manageable.
Many people complained and ranted against our Premier likening him to a dictator and early on mistakes were made,no one knew much to begin with and it was a learn as you go, but I have to say he did a brilliant job of taking it in hand.
I pray for the UK and US because it is a serious thing, but if you do the right thing by social distancing, mask wearing whenever outside and hand washing, most will be safe.

The health care and aged care workers need all the prayers and support they can get.

Stay safe everyone and God bless you with good health and perfect peace.:purpleheart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟790,449.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
We have a small population in Australia, I think it is comparable to Scotland although much larger.
Victoria went into hard lockdown a few months ago and has been opening up very slowly.
We have had ten days of no new cases and no deaths.
It can be done but it is very hard.
Today they have opened up for travel to be allowed into the regional areas so I am hoping to see my sister soon.
We still have to wear masks outside but that's a small price to pay for the safety of others.
Of course Covid19 is still "out there" but hopefully it will be manageable.
Many people complained and ranted against our Premier likening him to a dictator and early on mistakes were made,no one knew much to begin with and it was a learn as you go, but I have to say he did a brilliant job of taking it in hand.
I pray for the UK and US because it is a serious thing, but if you do the right thing by social distancing, mask wearing whenever outside and hand washing, most will be safe.

The health care and aged care workers need all the prayers and support they can get.

Stay safe everyone and God bless you with good health and perfect peace.:purpleheart:
That is amazing - well done Victoria! :oldthumbsup: It shows the benefits of a hard lockdown and gradual easing of restrictions. It sounds as if your Premier has done well, and of course all of our leaders are dealing with something they've not really faced before.

I hope you manage to see your sister soon Heavenhome. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The CDC in the US is recommending that folks only spend Thanksgiving with immediate family members and avoid travelling. The US numbers far surpass any other country. As of Friday there were over 201,000 new cases (a new record) and nearly 2000 deaths. Precautions and policy vary widely between states and there is little responsible management of the crisis at the national level leading to a situation which is quite out of control.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The CDC in the US is recommending that folks only spend Thanksgiving with immediate family members and avoid travelling. The US numbers far surpass any other country. As of Friday there were over 201,000 new cases (a new record) and nearly 2000 deaths. Precautions and policy vary widely between states and there is little responsible management of the crisis at the national level leading to a situation which is quite out of control.

This is so sad.

• Agree
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems that the holiday season is going to be a big test.

In Victoria we have had 29 days of no cases here. But we have been warned to stay cautious because there may be unknown ones in the community. We still have to wear masks indoors when you can't distance (shopping etc).
Our last case was a man in his nineties who wonderfully recovered, though health authorities didn't think he would as he had a severe case.
As more people are returning from overseas we have been advised that there will probably be outbreaks in quarantine.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
It seems that there is good news about the vaccines, although we are being urged to continuing observing the guidelines during the winter, with slight relaxation for Christmas.
I do not like the direction of the vaccines. RNA vaccines? I do not accept a "reprogramming" of my cells to produce the crown keyed to COVID. Moderna's vaccine includes a luciferase enzyme that not only facilitates RNA reprogramming of an antigen but also has bioluminescent properties that can allow confirmation of your vaccination by checking the injection site for the glowing enzyme. Sorry, not for me. If I can no longer fly then so be it. I will remain with the RNA/DNA that was God given and not mess with reprogramming my cells.
Plus long term affects? Remember Thalidomide?

• Informative
Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟158,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
RNA vaccines? I do not accept a "reprogramming" of my cells to produce the crown keyed to COVID.
But that's exactly what the actual virus does - and instead of a few cells in your arm temporarily producing one protein, the virus infects a variety of cells throughout your body, producing even more infectious particles and eventually killing many cells, and perhaps you too. Neither the vaccine nor the virus can alter your DNA, even temporarily.
Moderna's vaccine includes a luciferase enzyme
No, it doesn't. Why are you spreading these falsehoods in the middle of a Pandemic?
Plus long term affects? Remember Thalidomide?
These vaccines don't contain thalidomide. While this particular vaccine is new, other mRNA vaccines have been tested in people for years.
COVID-19 vaccine myths - TheCatholicSpirit.com

• Informative
Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
But that's exactly what the actual virus does - and instead of a few cells in your arm temporarily producing one protein, the virus infects a variety of cells throughout your body, producing even more infectious particles and eventually killing many cells, and perhaps you too. Neither the vaccine nor the virus can alter your DNA, even temporarily.
No, it doesn't. Why are you spreading these falsehoods in the middle of a Pandemic?
These vaccines don't contain thalidomide. While this particular vaccine is new, other mRNA vaccines have been tested in people for years.

They took a modified piece of the virus RNA and use your cells to replicate that in the body, changing your cells DNA in the process. Hence the company name MODeRNA.

As for the luciferase enzyme, people can look it all up for themselves.

I never said the vaccine contained thalidomide. You take the "Remember Thalidomide?" out of context, ignoring the first part of that line, though I think you and the people reading my post realize what I was saying.

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟158,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
They took a modified piece of the virus RNA and use your cells to replicate that in the body, changing your cells DNA in the process. Hence the company name MODeRNA.
No. Just no. The mRNA doesn't change your DNA.
As for the luciferase enzyme, people can look it all up for themselves
Yes, and they can see you are spreading falsehoods in the middle of a pandemic. How can you justify that?
I never said the vaccine contained thalidomide. You take the "Remember Thalidomide?"
Yes, you wanted to poison the well with something from 50 years ago that doesn't have anything to do with the vaccines we are discussing. None of the current vaccine candidates have been tested in pregnant women, and they won't given to them until that happens.

• Informative
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟790,449.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
It seems that the holiday season is going to be a big test.

In Victoria we have had 29 days of no cases here. But we have been warned to stay cautious because there may be unknown ones in the community. We still have to wear masks indoors when you can't distance (shopping etc).
Our last case was a man in his nineties who wonderfully recovered, though health authorities didn't think he would as he had a severe case.
As more people are returning from overseas we have been advised that there will probably be outbreaks in quarantine.
That is great news Heavenhome: the recovery of the 90-year-old and having 29 days without new cases. It shows that the virus can be defeated, but I agree that it's wise still to be cautious.

We're having an increase in cases in the UK, with about 400-500 deaths per day, a total number of deaths at 58,000 and the highest death rate in Europe. I don't know why; I can only assume that it's because we're a densely populated country. Whenever I go out I find that people are wearing masks in shops and most people are socially distancing, although it is easy to forget sometimes, so I'm not sure why it is spreading. Thankfully the total number of cases is not so bad as in the spring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0