United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Already scheduled for October.
What is to hit in October? The vaccine mandate, or cashless system that allows the controllers to block our ability to work, buy food, pay our bills or even leave our houses if we don't get tested and allow them to stick us with that vaccine?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is to hit in October? The vaccine mandate, or cashless system that allows the controllers to block our ability to work, buy food, pay our bills or even leave our houses if we don't get tested and allow them to stick us with that vaccine?

They have been talking about the end times for a long time
seriously doubt this is it.
Jesus said, to be anxious for nothing.
M

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Grandma J, I think Visionary was saying that there would be a resurgence of the virus around October. Perhaps she can clarify.

Upvote 0

Grandma J

Following Jesus is never a mistake.
Jul 27, 2020
Midwest
✟15,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
They have been talking about the end times for a long time
seriously doubt this is it.
Jesus said, to be anxious for nothing.
M
I fear nothing. I worry about my great grandkids, and my grandkids...what they'll have to live through because so many were blind to the coming world change that they won't be able to escape.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
For older persons and persons with underlying conditions (respiratory problems, diabetes, high blood pressure/heart problems and cancer) a word of caution. This also needs to be a matter of prayer and requests for the Lord''s protection in terms of the decisions you make. In the US and other countries there is pressure to lift restrictions implemented because of the Corona Virus. Until a vaccine and effective treatments become available there is risk in mingling with others and going out amongst the public. In our local area alerts have been publicized in the local media of employees and customers who have had contact with the public at Walmart, supermarkets and pharmacies.
Going back to the OP, for the moment, I think we do have to make prayerful and careful decisions about what we do. I do not have any underlying condition which is likely to make me more vulnerable to Covid, although I'm nearly 70, but I agree that people with particular conditions do need to be careful, and everyone else realise that the virus has not gone away although it is, in most places, less rampant.

In the UK many places are open now, but we are required to wear masks in shops, on public transport and in a few other places. Although I find they steam up my glasses I'm now going to certain shops and the Post Office which I wouldn't have done without a mask. Thankfully I think we can still go out for fresh air without wearing them, so I can go for walks and feel the air on my skin. People are very good about passing each other with a wide berth. I'm in a medium sized town; it may be different in cities.

Upvote 0

Grandma J

Following Jesus is never a mistake.
Jul 27, 2020
Midwest
✟15,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Grandma J, I think Visionary was saying that there would be a resurgence of the virus around October. Perhaps she can clarify.

Hmm. I sure hope that's not true.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Going back to the OP, for the moment, I think we do have to make prayerful and careful decisions about what we do. I do not have any underlying condition which is likely to make me more vulnerable to Covid, although I'm nearly 70, but I agree that people with particular conditions do need to be careful, and everyone else realise that the virus has not gone away although it is, in most places, less rampant.

In the UK many places are open now, but we are required to wear masks in shops, on public transport and in a few other places. Although I find they steam up my glasses I'm now going to certain shops and the Post Office which I wouldn't have done without a mask. Thankfully I think we can still go out for fresh air without wearing them, so I can go for walks and feel the air on my skin. People are very good about passing each other with a wide berth. I'm in a medium sized town; it may be different in cities, .
Rebornfree, In your statement that that Covid 19 is less rampant, I think it all depends on where you reside. In Europe after a severe lockdown new cases and deaths dramatically decreased. But as countries reopen numbers are again going up, especially in some countries, eg, Spain.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In India cases are increasing dramatically. In the US cases overall are increasing and becoming more widespread. However some early hot spots like the Northeast and Midwest, especially New York have improved. I live in Upstate New York and although masks are required I have observed that many food preparers in restaurants wear neither masks or gloves.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Victoria, Australia where I am we have had a big resurgence. More than when it started.
I am thankfully in a country area, but my nearest town has it so I wear a mask now whenever I go among people.

You have to be sensible and try to lessen the danger of others contracting it wherever possible.

I am quite interested that the Bible tells us to obey those in authority and I think the only time we don't is if it is in disobedience to God.
Authority is the key word, Ive been thinking about this, for instance it may not be the actual Prime Minister, President etc that this pertains to, such as when it is a health issue, then we obey the health authorities and so on.
Just a thought.
What do others think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟159,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
More surgence among the medical community for medication that they believe works. Top medical org demands FDA make COVID treatment hydroxychloroquine more widely available
The AAPS is not a "top Medical org", it's a far right organization that expouses a slew of crank medical beliefs, including HIV denialism, denial of the link between smoking and cancer, antivaccine, and climate denialism. They are pretty consistently on the wrong side of many public health issues. Association of American Physicians and Surgeons - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Well Well Well .. Look what just surfaced...
116412792_10223373501229393_1664030929166131514_n.jpg

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟159,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well Well Well .. Look what just surfaced...
This particular piece of misinformation has been spread for months now. I really don't understand people who deliberately spread nonsense like this in the middle of a pandemic.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Rebornfree, In your statement that that Covid 19 is less rampant, I think it all depends on where you reside. In Europe after a severe lockdown new cases and deaths dramatically decreased. But as countries reopen numbers are again going up, especially in some countries, eg, Spain.
Yes, I meant that in some places it is less virulent, but I know there is a resurgence in others. In Manchester, UK, which is not far from where I live, more stringent lockdown measures are being applied again.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Re-lockdowns are getting more and more likely all over the US as more and more cases arise. In fact, LA county is in full lockdown again. Florida and Texas are even worse then LA, but I don't know about a full lockdown in those states. In this state the governor has paused indefinitely any further slow reopening due to the constant increase of cases and hospitalizations here. We're expecting anytime to go into full lockdown again here.

• Informative
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
In Victoria, Australia where I am we have had a big resurgence. More than when it started.
I am thankfully in a country area, but my nearest town has it so I wear a mask now whenever I go among people.

You have to be sensible and try to lessen the danger of others contracting it wherever possible.

I am quite interested that the Bible tells us to obey those in authority and I think the only time we don't is if it is in disobedience to God.
Authority is the key word, Ive been thinking about this, for instance it may not be the actual Prime Minister, President etc that this pertains to, such as when it is a health issue, then we obey the health authorities and so on.
Just a thought.
What do others think?
I'm sorry to hear about the situation in Victoria, Heavenhome; it was reported here in the UK in a BBC News bulletin. I hope and pray that you stay safe.

I agree that we should obey the authorities unless they contradict God (such as telling us not to preach the gospel) and I think that would include health authorities. I'm so thankful that we don't have to wear masks out walking, but going into the shops it's mandatory and people seem to be obeying the instructions.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I just don't think that there is much likelihood of significant lockdown in the US although this will vary between states. There is little appetite for this. Too many people are tired of the restrictions and especially the steep contraction of economic activity. There is no appetite for lockdown especially on the federal level. Quite the opposite with pressure to reopen schools. The US with all of its advantages and resources has handled this crisis very poorly. For those who are older and especially if they have other risk factors and live in areas where the disease is more prevalent they will simply need to exercise considerable caution for at least several months ahead.

• Informative
Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I just don't think that there is much likelihood of significant lockdown in the US although this will vary between states. There is little appetite for this. Too many people are tired of the restrictions and especially the steep contraction of economic activity. There is no appetite for lockdown especially on the federal level. Quite the opposite with pressure to reopen schools. The US with all of its advantages and resources has handled this crisis very poorly. For those who are older and especially if they have other risk factors and live in areas where the disease is more prevalent they will simply need to exercise considerable caution for at least several months ahead.
In early May Israel reopened their schools and corona virus cases rose dramatically to their highest levels so far in that country.

• Informative
Upvote 0