✟483,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On February 24 on Rush Limbaugh's show said:
“Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. ... I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”

And do you remember that Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Donald Trump were all downplaying this?

Last edited:

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
“Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. ... I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”

So irritating. So many here have, and continue, to downplay this.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The topic right below this is a guy acting as if the hit to the ecnomy through controlling the virus is worse then the virus itself, and thinks were all hiding away scared from the virus. I've been saying it for a while, I'm not sure who I'm more worried about, those that are overly panicking about the virus, or those that arn't panicking enough.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The topic right below this is a guy acting as if the hit to the ecnomy through controlling the virus is worse then the virus itself, and thinks were all hiding away scared from the virus. I've been saying it for a while, I'm not sure who I'm more worried about, those that are overly panicking about the virus, or those that arn't panicking enough.

No, actually I am advocating personal responsibility during this very real, and serious pandemic that is killing people. Panic, is death. You panic, you die. Instead of panic, one needs to think critically, rationally, and adopt behaviors that are recommended by the CDC to mitigate both the exposure, and spread of this virus.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
On February 24 on Rush Limbaugh's show said:

And do you remember that Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Donald Trump were all downplaying this?

My honest opinion is to neither listen to the hype, nor those who downplay this pandemic. Take it for what it is, a virus that is currently affecting us all. It doesn't matter if it is a common cold or deaths incarnate. I don't want it.

Reactions: SunAndRain
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, actually I am advocating personal responsibility during this very real, and serious pandemic that is killing people. Panic, is death. You panic, you die. Instead of panic, one needs to think critically, rationally, and adopt behaviors that are recommended by the CDC to mitigate both the exposure, and spread of this virus.

Your idea of personal responsability includes opening up the economy and jobs, thats not being responsible.

PS when does or did the 2 weeks we were told end anyway? Things have been going by so fast I forget.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your idea of personal responsability includes opening up the economy and jobs, thats not being responsible.

Quite simply, you're not listening. You are all wrapped up in emotions, and lashing out at me, even calling me a child killer. I'm not mad. I don't even take any offense, however you are in a such a state of emotional distress, you are not even hearing my message.

You need to calm down, because what I am conveying to you has absolutely nothing to do with how you are perceiving it. What I am saying is simple... if you do not want to get this virus you need to be personal accountable for your own actions. You need to learn the disciples of not touching your face. You need to learn to wash your hands frequently. You need to do what is necessary for you to not contract this virus or spread it. It is a very reasonable, and simple message you keep getting angry at me for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quite simply, you're not listening. You are all wrapped up in emotions, and lashing out at me, even calling me a child killer. I'm not mad. I don't even take any offense, however you are in a such a state of emotional distress, you are not even hearing my message.

You need to calm down, because what I am conveying to you has absolutely nothing to do with how you are perceiving it. What I am saying is simple... if you do not want to get this virus you need to be personal accountable for your own actions. You need to learn the disciples of not touching your face. You need to learn to wash your hands frequently. You need to do what is necessary for you to not contract this virus or spread it. It is a very reasonable, and simple message you keep getting angry at me for.

you do know just breathing will get you the virus right? the not touching is in relation to social distancing, but it's still airborne. And your the one that says we need to get the economy back up and running, how do you propose to do that while people are spreading the disease?

And the emotions are high because you have no clue what the shutdown is for and why, and seem to think it's about being afraid and hiding, again it's not about that. And going to work needlessly if your not part of a esential job puts lives at risk.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you do know just breathing will get you the virus right? the not touching is in relation to social distancing, but it's still airborne.

All the experts say it spreads through droplets and is not airborne. The virus is heavy enough that six feet social distancing is enough. Say it's airborne is spreading FUD

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All the experts say it spreads through droplets and is not airborne. The virus is heavy enough that six feet social distancing is enough. Say it's airborne is spreading FUD

yeah I tried to correct it but didn't come out, thats what I meant by touching is in relation to social distancing, as I figured it would land or disperse enough over that distance. My point is that not touching your face and such alone isn't going to keep you from being sick, especially if said poster wants people to start going back to work to keep the economy from failing.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
you do know just breathing will get you the virus right? the not touching is in relation to social distancing, but it's still airborne. And your the one that says we need to get the economy back up and running, how do you propose to do that while people are spreading the disease?

Fear, and hysteria leads to misinformation. No it is not. Covid-19 is not aerosol transmissible, otherwise known as 'airborne'. It is large droplet, contact, and/or or 'community' transmissible. You need to be directly sneezed or breathed on, or come in direct contact with the virus. Unless you are in an environment where may sick individuals have gathered. Then it becomes community tramissable because of so many people releasing the virus into the air. In that environment, covid-19 can become aerosol transmissible. It is also found in bodily fluids, and human waste.

But on the topic of day to day interactions, if you follow the CDC guidelines you will keep from contracting and/or spreading the virus.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fear, and hysteria leads to misinformation. No it is not. Covid-19 is not aerosol transmissible, otherwise known as 'airborne'. It is large droplet, contact, and/or or 'community' transmissible. You need to be directly sneezed or breathed on, or come in direct contact with the virus. Unless you are in an environment where may sick individuals have gathered. Then it becomes community tramissable because of so many people releasing the virus into the air. In that environment, covid-19 can become aerosol transmissible. It is also found in bodily fluids, and human waste.

But on the topic of day to day interactions, if you follow the CDC guidelines you will keep from contracting and/or spreading the virus.

again how do you expect people to keep social distancing and keep the ecnomy going when most jobs don't have such luxury, going to the grocery store last tiem I can tell you that as best as everyone is doing, many of those working just can't keep sociail distancing and are risking getting sick to feed people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yeah I tried to correct it but didn't come out

Oh, sorry about that.

. My point is that not touching your face and such alone isn't going to keep you from being sic

Actually it will that's why the CDC says to do it and they should know more than armchair scientist like us. Also no country can take a total lockdown for long, they either go back to work or the country dies. There are places that can go to work, practice what the CDC says and be okay. As the other poster says you can not shout down an active country long with killing the country. If we stay absolutely shutdown for six months there would be no more USA, there would be a great depression the likes your ancestors never imagined, and would very fast start looking like the walking dead or mad max. A leader has to balance both as President Trump wants to do, with the advice of Medical experts.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, sorry about that.

Actually it will that's why the CDC says to do it and they should know more than armchair scientist like us. Also no country can take a total lockdown for long, they either go back to work or the country dies. There are places that can go to work, practice what the CDC says and be okay. As the other poster says you can not shout down an active country long with killing the country. If we stay absolutely shutdown for six months there would be no more USA, there would be a great depression the likes your ancestors never imagined, and would very fast start looking like the walking dead or mad max. A leader has to balance both as President Trump wants to do, with the advice of Medical experts.

yet everyone in charge of diseases are saying you have to do the shutdown, if you don't the amount dead will increase massivly, not just from the disease, but from unable to be treated for the disease and other potentially fatal situations.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
again how do you expect people to keep social distancing and keep the ecnomy going when most jobs don't have such luxury, going to the grocery store last tiem I can tell you that as best as everyone is doing, many of those working just can't keep sociail distancing and are risking getting sick to feed people.

What I do not seem to be able to convey to you, is your own responsibility for your actions. You seem to have a laser focus on the actions of others keeping you safe.

When was the last time you cleaned the door knobs in your home? Or frequently touched surfaces, and even your phone?

Do you sneeze into your elbow?

When is the last time you touched your face with your bare hand?

Are you washing your hands after you washed your hands, because you should wash your hands?

The things I point out here protect both of us. You have to learn to practices these behaviors.

Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yet everyone in charge of diseases are saying you have to do the shutdown, if you don't the amount dead will increase massivly, not just from the disease, but from unable to be treated for the disease and other potentially fatal situations.

They want to flatten the curve so the hospital are not overwhelmed at once, they expect the same amount of sickness either way. They are also using Italy and the worse nations as a model which at the news conference they said yesterday they are going to reevaluate the models because they are seeming not that accurate for us as a nation, the lady with the scarf said that.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They want to flatten the curve so the hospital are not overwhelmed at once, they expect the same amount of sickness either way. They are also using Italy and the worse nations as a model which at the news conference they said yesterday they are going to reevaluate the models because they are seeming not that accurate for us, the lady with the scarf said that.

yet new york and a few other places are going to be hitting capacity soon.

Upvote 0