Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Shame on Fox for posting Denialism, it one thing to argue over the Origin(a bat or biolap in Wuhan), whatever we need a balance between economy and lockdown , or whatever measures need to be taken . It a whole other to push like something that could of came from Infowars. There. Calling out my side.

Coronavirus deniers take aim at hospitals as pandemic grows

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Shame on Fox for posting Denialism, it one thing to argue over the Origin(a bat or biolap in Wuhan), whatever we need a balance between economy and lockdown , or whatever measures need to be taken . It a whole other to push like something that could of came from Infowars. There. Calling out my side.

I do believe that we have some followers of that here. There were claims that the video (
CBS if I remember correctly) from the New York hospital was of Italian hospitals. Your source is NBC, a competitor of CBS debunked that claim. The deaths in New York are very frightening. Even if it was Italian video it would not have changed that fact. Why do so many find a need to deny the reality that scares them?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Hello James, perhaps I missed it as I skimmed the article, but how is Fox News guilty of promoting a denial of this pandemic :scratch: The article you posited for us begins this way,

On Saturday, a video taken outside the Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York went viral, showing a quiet scene in an attempt to counter the idea that the coronavirus pandemic has strained some hospitals.

The video, taken by
~former~ Fox News commentator Todd Starnes, jump-started a conspiracy theory that resulted in a trending ~hashtag~ and millions of video views — all of which pushed the idea that the pandemic has been overblown by public health organizations and the media.

A day later, a different video of the same hospital went viral on Facebook and Twitter. It showed bodies being loaded onto an 18-wheeler outside the same hospital. The video, which was retweeted by a member of the New York City Council, was later confirmed as legitimate by the hospital.

The two videos illustrate the stark disparity in how the coronavirus outbreak is being portrayed on different parts of the internet, with many people on the far right going so far as to allege that overworked health care professionals are not telling the real story.

Your article reports others as well, incl a Fox News "Contributor" (not an employee or representative of Fox), and a defeated Republican congressional candidate from California, also doing some tweeting, but again, what does any of this have to do with Fox News :scratch:

Fox News played the video footage from the hospital (the one that showed bodies being loaded into an 18-wheeler by a bulldozer) over and over and over again. I watch Fox News most days, but I have seen no one on Fox attempt to deny that this pandemic is anything but real.

Once again, what does Fox News have to do with Facebook, Twitter Tweets, or Internet posts :scratch:

If I am missing something however, please point it out to me :)

Thanks!

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hello James, perhaps I missed it as I skimmed the article, but how is Fox News guilty of promoting a denial of this pandemic :scratch: The article you posited for us begins this way,

On Saturday, a video taken outside the Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York went viral, showing a quiet scene in an attempt to counter the idea that the coronavirus pandemic has strained some hospitals.

The video, taken by
~former~ Fox News commentator Todd Starnes, jump-started a conspiracy theory that resulted in a trending ~hashtag~ and millions of video views — all of which pushed the idea that the pandemic has been overblown by public health organizations and the media.

A day later, a different video of the same hospital went viral on Facebook and Twitter. It showed bodies being loaded onto an 18-wheeler outside the same hospital. The video, which was retweeted by a member of the New York City Council, was later confirmed as legitimate by the hospital.

The two videos illustrate the stark disparity in how the coronavirus outbreak is being portrayed on different parts of the internet, with many people on the far right going so far as to allege that overworked health care professionals are not telling the real story.

Your article reports others as well, incl a Fox News "Contributor" (not an employee or representative of Fox), and a defeated Republican congressional candidate from California, also doing some tweeting, but again, what does any of this have to do with Fox News :scratch:

Fox News played the video footage from the hospital (the one that showed bodies being loaded into an 18-wheeler by a bulldozer) over and over and over again. I watch Fox News most days, but I have seen no one on Fox attempt to deny that this pandemic is anything but real.

Once again, what does Fox News have to do with Facebook, Twitter Tweets, or Internet posts :scratch:

If I am missing something however, please point it out to me :)

Thanks!

--David

“This scaring the living hell out of people — I see it, again, as like, let’s bludgeon Trump with this new hoax,” Hannity said during his March 9 broadcast, during a segment in which he downplayed the risk of coronavirus to everyone except for people with compromised immune systems and older individuals.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The ability of these crackpots, cranks, and professional charlatans to spread their dishonest messages often relies (at least in part) on the inability of their fanbase to verify the messages they're spreading. Conspiracies about the media or government or academia or the gays or <insert evil group here> can more easily take root when the audience doesn't know anybody in media, government, academia, etc and it's often the case that these audience members take a more gentle nuanced tone regarding subjects into which they do have some personal experience and visibility. It's my hope that the ubiquity of this virus will provide enough visibility to enough people that the fanbase of these hucksters is eroded and that they're exposed for the frauds that they are.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The ability of these crackpots, cranks, and professional charlatans to spread their dishonest messages often relies (at least in part) on the inability of their fanbase to verify the messages they're spreading. Conspiracies about the media or government or academia or the gays or <insert evil group here> can more easily take root when the audience doesn't know anybody in media, government, academia, etc and it's often the case that these audience members take a more gentle nuanced tone regarding subjects into which they do have some personal experience and visibility. It's my hope that the ubiquity of this virus will provide enough visibility to enough people that the fanbase of these hucksters is eroded and that they're exposed for the frauds that they are.

I suppose it might have something to do with the loss of air travel, they are not able to keep the populace under control with their Chemtrail’s.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I suppose it might have something to do with the loss of air travel, they are not able to keep the populace under control with their Chemtrail’s.

I was thinking more of the reach of the virus and its eventual invasion of even smaller, isolated communities. Few people will have to go outside of their existing social circles to find serious impacts.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking more of the reach of the virus and its eventual invasion of even smaller, isolated communities. Few people will have to go outside of their existing social circles to find serious impacts.

Well, that just sounds like Left Wing conspiracy laden crazy babble to me. :D

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would anyone need to have experience to cause a train to derail? Just look at how good the Trump Train is doing, all aboard!

I've never driven a train (or played Train Simulator) but I imagine it's like driving a stick shift, where the hard part is getting it started and moving.

Upvote 0