Loyal and obedient to its Master
Jun 25, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟18,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Core Texts in the Western Traditions is a required English course at my school. Being an English major, I have to take it.

Mind you I go to a public state school, not a private one. But this class focuses around the Bible and Greek Mythology. From what I've been told by other English majors, it's just an instructional class centered around these two items. It sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to taking it in the fall, but I'm surprised it's a required class.

One of our required textbooks is even a Bible. I think it's called the Oxford Annointed Bible 3rd Edition, which is designed for college students. The other is a Greek Mythology book.

Just curious but has any one ever taken a class like this either in a public or private school? If so, what was it like and how were you taught?

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,551.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Core Texts in the Western Traditions is a required English course at my school. Being an English major, I have to take it.

Mind you I go to a public state school, not a private one. But this class focuses around the Bible and Greek Mythology. From what I've been told by other English majors, it's just an instructional class centered around these two items. It sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to taking it in the fall, but I'm surprised it's a required class.

One of our required textbooks is even a Bible. I think it's called the Oxford Annointed Bible 3rd Edition, which is designed for college students. The other is a Greek Mythology book.

Just curious but has any one ever taken a class like this either in a public or private school? If so, what was it like and how were you taught?
There are couple of second year literature classes based on the Old and New Testaments at my university. I thought they were both very interesting classes.

Upvote 0

emmzee

Oct 3, 2004
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like it'll be an interesting class. Of course, depending on who the prof is, and who happens to be in the class, there may be some derisive remarks made about the Bible and Christianity. Don't be tempted to get into an argument during class, ESPECIALLY with the prof! Remember the guy who's in the position of power wins ;) But nevertheless, the class may be an opportunity to talk to people about "spiritual things" and dispel some of their misconceptions. :)

Upvote 0