Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Copts suffer from systematic discrimination in that taxes that they pay go to mosques, Muslim schools and universities and imams but not for Christian organizations. They are also underrepresented in government media and in government job positions, including in the educational system. There are still discriminatory restrictions on the construction and repair of churches, and the laws on marriage inheritance and conversion also discriminate against Christians. Local government authorities have closed at least 25 churches and church-related facilities since the passage of the law in 2016.
Copts also suffer persecution from Islamic extremists. ISIS has targeted them and massacred over 100 in recent years. But, apart from terrorist attacks, radicals or mobs may attack Christian meetings that are not in a church, or when they build or repair churches, or are suspected of doing so, or are public about their faith, or talk to Muslims about their beliefs, or are believed to have insulted Muslims. There are also attacks on Copts, often women, to get them to convert. Converts from Islam, those accused of proselytism, and those accused of a relationship with a Muslim woman, are particularly targeted. In 2013, when then General Sisi overthrew the short-lived Muslim Brotherhood government, the Brotherhood singled out the Copts for particular blame and in three days in August of that year, hundreds of churches, religious sites, businesses and homes were attacked.
Source: Anti-Christian Violence Surges in Egypt, Prompting an Exodus
Coptic Martyrdom: Religious Identity at a Time of Persecution

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Copts suffer from systematic discrimination in that taxes that they pay go to mosques, Muslim schools and universities and imams but not for Christian organizations. They are also underrepresented in government media and in government job positions, including in the educational system. There are still discriminatory restrictions on the construction and repair of churches, and the laws on marriage inheritance and conversion also discriminate against Christians. Local government authorities have closed at least 25 churches and church-related facilities since the passage of the law in 2016.
Copts also suffer persecution from Islamic extremists. ISIS has targeted them and massacred over 100 in recent years. But, apart from terrorist attacks, radicals or mobs may attack Christian meetings that are not in a church, or when they build or repair churches, or are suspected of doing so, or are public about their faith, or talk to Muslims about their beliefs, or are believed to have insulted Muslims. There are also attacks on Copts, often women, to get them to convert. Converts from Islam, those accused of proselytism, and those accused of a relationship with a Muslim woman, are particularly targeted. In 2013, when then General Sisi overthrew the short-lived Muslim Brotherhood government, the Brotherhood singled out the Copts for particular blame and in three days in August of that year, hundreds of churches, religious sites, businesses and homes were attacked.
Source: Anti-Christian Violence Surges in Egypt, Prompting an Exodus
Coptic Martyrdom: Religious Identity at a Time of Persecution
I remember reading about these things. The Armenian Christians in Turkey were massacred by the Turkish Muslims in the early 1900’s. Many Christians left Israel and moved to the west as they are lower caste in Israel. The Muslims in Nazareth rioted and smashed the windshields of Christians cars. They had hung wooden crosses from their review mirrors and were targeted due to their open display. I have been to Nazareth. I visited the Sinai in 1999. My guide made me wear a head cloth like some of the locals. After I left, Al Qaeda blew up a hotel in Taba and one in Sharm el Sheik. Wahabi Islam was being financed by the Saudis. Nineteen 9-11-2001 hijackers who attacked the U.S. were Saudi citizens. Christians were forced out of El Arish, Egypt. I read about the Muslim brotherhood destroying Christian property after they lost the election to Sisi. Over 224 people were killed at Sharm el Sheik by Muslims in 2015.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3582570/sharm-el-sheikh-ghost-town-after-isis-terror-attack/

Probably good to remember Christ’s advice about praying in a closet rather than openly displaying your hope to the world. Christ had to speak in parables. Sometimes when he spoke openly they tried to kill him.

Upvote 0