• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

cool quotes

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by tulc, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspired

Inspired only hurts when I breathe

+193
    Christian
    Single
    We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

( I miss you guys too :hug: 's )

2. Houston, we have a problem.
    -the understatement of the century :p

3. mesue

mesue Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.

+1,446
    Baptist
    Married
    "Prayer is like the dove that Noah sent forth, which blessed

him not only when it returned with an olive-leaf in its mouth,

but when it never returned at all.", Robinson's Job.

4. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

+212
    Christian
    Married
    Oh, I love that one!!!:clap:

5. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    Let us stand still, and admire and wonder at the love of Jesus Christ to poor sinners; that Christ should rather die for us, than for the angels. They were creatures of a more noble extract, and in all probability might have brought greater revenues of glory to God: yet that Christ should pass by those golden vessels, and make us vessels of glory,-oh, what amazing and astonishing love is this! This is the envy of devils. and the admiration of angels and saints.
    -Thomas Brooks

6. Inspired

Inspired only hurts when I breathe

+193
    Christian
    Single
    Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe. ~Frank Zappa

7. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    If you can look into the mirror without laughter, you have no sense of humor.
    -Unknown

8. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs, jolted by
    every pebble in the road.

-Henry Ward Beecher

9. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    "the glory of God is a human being fully alive, and the end of being human is the glory of God"
    -St.Irenaus

10. freespirit2001

freespirit2001 Contributor

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    " Henceforth the wise man
    Can witness the scenes of the World
    And listen to the song of the wind....

He will go calmly and
    Will pass through the ferocity of the cities...

He will love the deep places, the fields,
    Goodness, order, harmony....

Casting aside passion
    And wary of
    Worldly usages,
    He will prefer landscape."
    ---Verlaine

11. freespirit2001

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    "If you're ever on fire, I think its best not to look in the mirror, because that will get you really in a panic."[​IMG]

Jack Handley [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

+212
    Christian
    Married
    "The world changes people, then loves them. He loves us first, and along the way, because we are loved, we are changed." --Ruth Senter

13. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    It's better to have a heart without words than to have words without a heart.
    -Kevin Prosch

14. tof

tof Regular Member

+13
    Atheist
    US-Others
    Même si le bonheur t'oublie un peu, ne l'oublie jamais tout à fait.
    [Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.]
    Jacques Prévert

15. elanor

elanor Reunite Gondwanaland!

+401
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    When Christ said: ''I was hungry and you fed me,'' he didn't mean only the hunger for bread and for food; he also meant the hunger to be loved. Jesus himself experienced this loneliness. He came amongst his own and his own received him not, and it hurt him then and it has kept on hurting him. The same hunger, the same loneliness, the same having no one to be accepted by and to be loved and wanted by. Every human being in that case resembles Christ in his loneliness; and that is the hardest part, that's real hunger.

--Mother Teresa

16. freespirit2001

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    " Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand."

Kahil Gibran

"Knowledge does not come to us in details, but in flashes of light from heaven."

Thoreau

" In human intercourse the tradegy begins, not when there is a misunderstanding about words, but when silence is not understood."

Thoreau

( Stairway to Heaven---Aurora Borealis, Wayne Johnson)
    www.alaska.net

17. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    "Why don't we really get radical for once? Yes, I know it wasn't easy to
    get the word radical understood as an adjective appropriate to discipleship.
    And yes, it was even harder to get revolution and revolutionary so
    understood. But do you think it a bit more than the traffic can bear for me
    now to push on to anarchy? Do you see me going from bad to worse? Not so. I
    stand prepared to show that to go from revolution to anarchy is to go from wrong
    to right, from misunderstanding to understanding, from unbiblical to biblical, from
    world to gospel. And yes, it will take another transforming renewal of our minds to understand anarchy as the gospel, the good news it actually is".
    -Vernard Eller

18. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    The art of power and its minions is the same in all countries and in all ages. It marks its victim; denounces it; and excites the public odium and the public hatred, to conceal its own abuses and encroachments.
    -Henry Clay

19. Tenorvoice

Tenorvoice Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face

+256
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    It is harder to get out of the Will of GOd than most of us think (if you want it) if you don't want it simply step out...

Howard Hendricks (campus crusades for Christ)

Sinner by birth/ saved by the grace of God!

peace out

20. Tenorvoice

Tenorvoice Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face

+256
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    happiness is the housewife who sees the rainbows, not the dishes, in the soapsuds.

unknown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.