• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

cool quotes

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by tulc, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athalia

Athalia a Writer and a Fighter

+213
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    hullo yers'lf - lol

2. SrferJosh180

SrferJosh180 Member

+2
    Christian
    umm hello everyone im new to this so please please bless me :D:D:D:D:D

3. SrferJosh180

SrferJosh180 Member

+2
    Christian
    u talkin to me athalia???

4. freespirit2001

freespirit2001 Contributor

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    SrferJosh180...

Heloo and God Bless You!...:wave: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Welcome to the Quote Thread in the Friendship Forum...in this section we're

supposed to leave a quote message...a saying of something wise...like a

proverb or word of enlightment for the day....(???)

" Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

Martin Luther King Jr.

[​IMG]

5. elanor

elanor Reunite Gondwanaland!

+401
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Hiya Josh! Welcome to CF! :)

Right now, no one's blessings are showing on their posts. But if you look on the top right side of your screen, you'll see how many blessings you have. I'll add some for you!

Like freespirit said, this is the thread for cool quotes. Please go here to introduce yourself to people:

http://www.christianforums.com/f124

Have fun! :)

6. freespirit2001

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    " I ask no dream, no prophet ecstasies,
    No sudden rending of the viel of clay,
    No angel visitant, no opening skies,:)
    But take the dimness of my soul away."...:sorry:....

George Croly

[​IMG]

7. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    "To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead."
    -Bertrand Russell

8. elanor

+401
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Here you go, freespirit! :) http://www.christianforums.com/t95190 (The system wouldn't let me put a link in my sig.)

Sorry, tulc! We'll be good now. Oh, wait, look who I'm talking to. The Master Thread Derailer himself. ;)

9. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    When we believe something to be the absolute truth, we are closed. We are no
    longer open to the understanding and insight of other people, and this is
    because the object of our faith is just an idea, not a living thing. But if
    the object of your faith is your direct experience and your insight, then
    you can always be open. You can grow everyday in your practice, in sharing
    the fruit of your practice, and in making your faith, love, and happiness
    grow.
    -Thich Nhat Hanh

10. Inspired

Inspired only hurts when I breathe

+193
    Christian
    Single
    All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself. ~Ralph Ellison

11. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

+212
    Christian
    Married
    (Excuse me, off topic)
    :wave: :hug: :wave: MISS YOU!!!!

12. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    Whenever I groan within myself and think how hard it is to keep writing about love in these times of tension and strife which may, at any moment, become for us all a time of terror, I think to myself: What else is the world interested in? What else do we all want, each one of us, except to love and be loved, in our families, in our work, in all our relationships? God is Love. Love casts out fear. Even the most ardent revolutionist, seeking to change the world, to overturn the tables of the money changers, is trying to make a world where it is easier for people to love, to stand in that relationship to each other.
    It is when we love the most intensely and most humanly that we can recognize how tepid is our love for others. The keenness and intensity of love brings with it suffering, of course, but joy too because it is a foretaste of heaven. When you love people, you see all the good in them, all the Christ in them. God sees Christ, His Son, in us. And so we should see Christ in others, and nothing else, and love them. There can never be enough of it.

-Dorothy Day
    /me misses inspired also

13. freespirit2001

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    So beautiful Tulc!!!:hug: :hug: :hug: Hugs and Love in Christ to all on CF and to Tulc also!!!!

14. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
    -George Bernard Shaw

15. elanor

+401
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Excuse me! I would appreciate it if you wouldn't post quotes that are directly aimed at me and point out the disparity between my image and my reality.
    Thank you.

;)

Edit: And yes, I am aware of the irony that this is a complaint about someone not devoting this tiny little corner of the world to making me happy.

16. freespirit2001

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    The Early Morning

"The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other,

The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother,

The moon on my left and the dawn on my right,

My brother, "Good Morning!", my sister "Good-night!"

Hilaire Belloc

Thanks tof (and tulc)!!!*****[​IMG]

17. tof

tof Regular Member

+13
    Atheist
    US-Others
    Hi freespirit2001
    This poem, _Early morning_, was written by Hilaire Belloc. For more about him, follow this link:
    http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/PRbelloc.htm

Here's another of his poems:

"Frog, The

Be kind and tender to the Frog,
    And do not call him names,
    As "Slimy skin," or "Polly-wog,"
    Or likewise "Ugly James,"
    Or "Gap-a-grin," or "Toad-gone-wrong,"
    Or "Bill Bandy-knees":
    The Frog is justly sensitive
    To epithets like these.

No animal will more repay
    A treatment kind and fair;
    At least so lonely people say
    Who keep a frog (and, by the way,
    They are extremely rare)."

18. freespirit2001

+132
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    [​IMG] tof, I just loved that one!!! [​IMG]

19. tof

tof Regular Member

+13
    Atheist
    US-Others
    Glad you liked it, freespirit :)

And now, back to "French litterature for the masses" ;)

Soyons reconnaissants aux personnes qui nous donnent du bonheur ; elles sont les charmants jardiniers par qui nos âmes sont fleuries.
    [Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.]
    Marcel Proust

20. tulc

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.