• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Coofid, Scientism, and Gnostic Technocracy by Dn. Ananias Sorem

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by SingularityOne, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SingularityOne

SingularityOne Well-Known Member Supporter

+555
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+15,238
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    will give a look, thanks!

3. SingularityOne

+555
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    You’re welcome!

4. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+3,315
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    This looks probably interesting, but WAY too long. With a musical intro going on up to 5 minutes, a sign that it’s made for people who have nothing else to do, rather than get the main ideas across efficiently to a lot of people.

The ideas are probably very good, but I just don’t have that kind of time.

5. SingularityOne

+555
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I understand that! I think he could condense his ideas down for sure.

6. abacabb3

abacabb3 Newbie

+319
    Christian
    Married
    The Jay Dyer crowd rarely do anything short, but honestly some things cannot be done short in an apologetics context, because whatever is not explained is then perceived as not sufficiently defended.

7. abacabb3

abacabb3 Newbie

+319
    Christian
    Married
    Deacon Ananias did a good job debating Mr. Slick and I think came across very thoughtful.

8. rusmeister

+3,315
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    That’s what people complain about or don’t understand in Chesterton - that he is “wordy” or “long-winded”, when he is actually dealing with objections before they can be raised; that is, thinking thoroughly about the topic.

I wasn’t knocking the video; only saying that it is a poor approach to run an extended musical segment before a very long video. I could just as well post a link to “The Everlasting Man”, one of the greatest books ever written, but I can’t expect that many people will read my link. They come to a forum to spend 15-20 minutes as a rule, not hours.

9. Ezana

Ezana Ιησούς Χριστός Νικά

+153
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'd love to hear your reason(s) for this claim, if it's no bother. I certainly don't need another book to read, but...

10. rusmeister

+3,315
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    In extreme short, a book that demonstrates, in secular terms, that man is truly not merely an animal, and that Jesus Christ is not merely a man, but truly the Son of God.

Believers accept that, many without needing intellectual processes to do so. But many unbelievers can't, and the few honest ones really want to understand how it is that we could be Christian and not just stupid. The author plays with the ball in their court, the court of the skeptic, and still wins.

11. Ezana

Ezana Ιησούς Χριστός Νικά

+153
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Hmm, thanks. I'll check it out!

12. rusmeister

+3,315
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    CS Lewis called it one of the ten most influential books in his life.