USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A woman does not have to be delicate, coquettish, and covered in frilly lace to be a good, proper, desirable, or "real" woman ;) "Tomboy" does not mean masculine, butch, that you hate your womanhood, or that you want to be a man. You're simply one of the many, perfectly normal, appealing, wonderful, beautiful, made-by-God types of girls. Typically far less high-maintenance, lovers of adventure, unafraid of dirt, and generally tons of fun to be around!

hiking-clothes-mob-5.jpg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's no such thing as a 'high maintenance' woman. Its a modern term meant to diminish the valuation of femininity and male provision. Once upon a time men kept their women and delighted in meeting their needs according to their ability. She was dependent on him. Today, we're encouraged to pursue independence and self-sustenance.

It's a badge of honor for a gentleman to maintain his lady. That has never changed. Whether her coiffing is exquisite or simple. His involvement is a mark of love.

Some delight in the otherness of their sex. They emphasize the fairer traits to complement his masculinity. Because he values the difference. Femininity comes in many guises. One isn't superior to the next. Some women welcome a man's input on what it entails. Others are guided by personal preference or a combination of the two.

Appeasement has its merits. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

A74597E7-4019-4E48-8C80-082108A6FFEA.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On a similar thread of thought...

The idea that a woman has to be or do certain things at age (insert any number here), and start doing this, or stop doing that, in order to maintain her acceptable femininity in others' eyes is a load of bunk. I don't care if you're 20 years old or 80 years old. The only thing you ever have to be is the you God created you to be! And that is defined by you and Him and nobody else!

Moon-Pie-and-Mud-Bug.jpg

PRI_133297148.jpg

female-rancher-6776390.jpg

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bible provides an excellent example of God's diversity. When we allow society's ideals and personal interests to usurp His will; problems ensue.

God's creations aren't stagnate. They evolve. A tree moves through various states. As do we. Its easy to become attached to one or resist a call to go outside our comfort zone.

When we welcome the Refining Fire and embrace its hews. We emerge as different specimens. Wholly remade with new attire. Our entry doesn't mirror our exit. His sloughing removes the familiar and refashions it into something wonderful.

We exude a beauty we didn't possess. Born of above. Not man made.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

rF0fHeaA.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A woman does not have to be delicate, coquettish, and covered in frilly lace to be a good, proper, desirable, or "real" woman ;) "Tomboy" does not mean masculine, butch, that you hate your womanhood, or that you want to be a man. You're simply one of the many, perfectly normal, appealing, wonderful, beautiful, made-by-God types of girls. Typically far less high-maintenance, lovers of adventure, unafraid of dirt, and generally tons of fun to be around!

hiking-clothes-mob-5.jpg

Leeeetsssss Goooooo!

• Friendly
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Dude, you just made me laugh out loud!! :D <3

Hey, I have a soft spot for tough girls and that one in the picture looks like she might be able to keep up!

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The church as a whole still has some modernizing to do in terms of recognizing the spectrum of both genders. Pretty much every men's group fellowship activity that I've seen is sports related. And the women's activities are always things like scrapbooking, bake swaps, or "teas". It's...completely alien to some of us ladies, who don't have the least bit of interest in scrapbooks or drinking tea. I'd love to see some men's activities that are more cerebral (or anything that's not outright sports once in a while); how about a game night? How about a women's event that involves rock climbing or video games? How about offering a variety of non-stereotypical activities to choose from? Book discussion, going for hikes, painting, jam/improv music sessions. All of which are still perfectly conducive to Christian fellowship, prayer, edifying each other in the faith. We're rounded individuals, let's start acting like it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Decaf coffee is just as good as regular :D

Kenco milicano decaff is delicious

And so is douwe egberts decaff

and the decaff "Jane austen" coffee that Sally Lynn's tea shoppe does in Bath, UK.

Upvote 0