Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being a male and disliking all sports.
MAN CARD REVOKED!

Just kidding but is there literally no sport you have even a small appreciation of? Not even just one aspect? For example even though I said I dislike football I actually enjoy to play it and I can enjoy watching a good match on occasion but... That's nothing compared to people who follow it like a hawk for their entire lives.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Just kidding but is there literally no sport you have even a small appreciation of? Not even just one aspect? For example even though I said I dislike football I actually enjoy to play it and I can enjoy watching a good match on occasion but... That's nothing compared to people who follow it like a hawk for their entire lives.
In my younger years I had a lot of fun playing some sports just because I'm really competitive and I like games (baseball, basketball, football, street hockey, skiing, volleyball, bowling... do billiards and ping-pong count?) But I have never enjoyed watching a game in person or on TV. Talking about sports is even more boring. I got lazy as I got older though, so now I'm fat and middle-aged and don't do anything. But I already landed me a cute little wife, so I don't have to worry about my figure anymore.

MAN CARD REVOKED!
lol You don't know the half of it!

• Winner
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Being from the South and more specifically Texas and disliking football. (football)

That is totally awesome! I thought I am my early circle of friends were some of the few people like that.
Actually the sport itself is OK if actually played, watching it on TV totally boring.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Subject to site rules, name an opinion you have about a particular subject that many people would disagree with.

The biggest ones probably revolve around "states of consciousness".

1) When it comes to hypnosis, I'm use to strong Christian opinion against it. The most popular idea is that it opens the door to demons etc. that you are turning off your will will etc. and they can do their stuff. Or that the activity itself might be considered "enchantment" or witchcraft hence bad.

Contrary to that popular idea is the fact that we all operate in various states of trance throughout the day. We use terms like "day dreaming", "being into" something etc. to describe it. And hypnosis simply takes advantage of the mechanisms that God already created in your brain. And besides this not all hypnosis are the obvious commanding direct type, there is actually a more subtle version that works suggestions by simply raising thoughts. In my younger years, I was a fan of a famous psychiatrist who pioneered much of what we call "short term psychotherapy" but much of his background for that came from his experience with that softer indirect form of hypnosis and his life experiences recovering from polio etc.

2) Trance states are often equated with miracles etc. especially with Charismatics and Pentecostals. I would say that I believe in both. I have seen documented healings come from prayer groups I was in, and I'm aware of trance states etc. But there are some problems where many people equate trance states with miraculous healings etc. Among Word of Faith people, there is a notion that you can "loose your healing". That is not something I have seen in the Bible. But the belief exists because of personal experience, and well trance states don't last forever. If you are hopped up on endorphins going to that happy clappy church service and the back pain or whatever comes back that is not a result of "loosing your healing", but you going back to your normal state of consciousness.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my younger years I had a lot of fun playing some sports just because I'm really competitive and I like games (baseball, basketball, football, street hockey, skiing, volleyball, bowling... do billiards and ping-pong count?) But I have never enjoyed watching a game in person or on TV. Talking about sports is even more boring. I got lazy as I got older though, so now I'm fat and middle-aged and don't do anything. But I already landed me a cute little wife, so I don't have to worry about my figure anymore.

lol You don't know the half of it!
There's nothing wrong with an improved figure lol. There's the health benefits too.

On the sport note I like to talk about some sports but I find it boring to be critical. I enjoy watching it and I respect when the athletes try their best. My life doesn't revolve around it and I've got no interest in being upset by the result. My favourite sports to watch are combat sports but I don't really get hyped anymore. I just enjoy the effort and the skill on show.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Subject to site rules, name an opinion you have about a particular subject that many people would disagree with.

OK here is a good one, pertinent to your background as a Messianic Jew. I have often argued against the general depiction of Christian history typically to many Messianic websites etc. Many of them blame anti-Semitism as a kind of grand unifying theory for Church history.

I acknowledge antisemiticism as an ingredient but I believe their is a lot more going on than just that.
Here is my list of topics besides that....

1) Antigentile attitudes in Judaism (the Talmud gives the best examples)
2) the role of heretical groups like the Ebionites
3) The change of the synagogue prayers against the minim
4) The change in ethic demographics in the Church over time coupled with
5) The "One Body" theology of the Early Church
6) The established realization that you cannot earn your salvation by your works. As the numbers of Jewish believers diminish it becomes easier an easier to "go native". Besides that it is also easier so more incentive if being Jewish is not central to your identity.

7) The Existence of Semitic Christian bodies. Even some of the anti-semetic things claimed against Constantine etc. I believe are often not as malicious as people claim. I'm rusty on the details of Constantine etc., but would point out Their are a number of Christian Churches that descend from Jewish believers in Africa and the Middle East. They often had Jewish customs, and some of them had Aramaic / Syriac as their Holy Language. Anyway much of the stuff claimed against Constantine was simply Constantine trying to get the early Syriac Christians, Ethiopians etc. to be worshipping at the same time, in the same way with the rest of Christianity because at the time being "One Body" was what people were trying to do.

8) I also believe the rabbinic system was a factor etc. I have a Messianic rabbi friend who I talk about this stuff to once in a while. Most people see the school as Shammai as a bit of a problem in Judaism. It wasn't totally wrong, but most of the problems we see in the NT with the Pharisees and "Judaizers" in the epistles/Acts comes from it. My friend sees it totally differently. (He believes the school of Hillel sand bagged Shammai as far as how history is written).

Anyway my friend has a Messianic Karaite ideal, he notes that Karaites had and have their synagogues too. The problem I see with this is the history behind that movement. Rabbinic Judaism is well documented. The first synagogues we see in the Babylonian Diaspora, and you see Rabbinic Judaism following close behind that. The earliest examples of Karaite Judaism comes from post Islamic Iraq somewhere in the middle of the 600s AD.....

(I believe that movement was a Reformation movement and not something that existed during the time of the New Testament onward).

Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Correct!

The Chicago hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt.

View attachment 284915
I

I want one

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :/

No joke.

(CLV) Lv 11:7
and the boar (for it is bisecting the hoof and is cleaving the cleft of the hoof, yet it is not stirring up the cud; it is unclean for you).

(CLV) Lv 11:8
Of their flesh you may not eat, and their carcass you may not touch; they are unclean for you.

Bacos might be OK though. As long as you're not sprinkling them on an American football.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
No joke.

(CLV) Lv 11:7
and the boar (for it is bisecting the hoof and is cleaving the cleft of the hoof, yet it is not stirring up the cud; it is unclean for you).

(CLV) Lv 11:8
Of their flesh you may not eat, and their carcass you may not touch; they are unclean for you.

Thank the Lord you're speaking of the old covenant.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

AR,

I was never much of a pork eater. But I ordered a half of Berkshire pork this spring and it's good! The ribs were amazing. :D

If you're going biblical you've gotta go all the way. I don't keep kosher and keshering (purifying) a kitchen is a lot of work unless you don't have much in there! Not to mention the dishes and I have multiple sets.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I was never much of a pork eater. But I ordered a half of Berkshire pork this spring and it's good! The ribs were amazing.

I hear that it tastes just like human flesh; at least that's what some cannibals say.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I knew you'd reply.

I suspect that you didn't know how I would reply.

If we keep poking a caged lion with a pointy stick; eventually he might come out of his cage. If he does; do you think he'll go for the pork chops? :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suspect that you didn't know how I would reply.

If we keep poking a caged lion with a pointy stick; eventually he might come out of his cage. If he does; do you think he'll go for the pork chops? :)

I knew you would because I've observed the same on the board. It was too tempting. ;)

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Some Christians say Tourettes is a sin of the flesh and an excuse to blaspheme but I don't believe that

Pineapple with ham and mushrooms on pizza is yummy. Though beef with red onions and jalapenos is best!

No it doesn't, how could there be more than two genders? And why would anybody think that it is?

Upvote 0