Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We only have limited time on this Earth, so it is best for us to use time wisely.

I came across a controversial topic which is not easy to get to the bottom to, which is about fluoridation, and use of fluoride. I myself stopped using fluoride for over 4 years, and still practiced good oral care, brushing twice a day with fluoride-free toothpaste, flossing, avoiding foods or drinks that are bad for teeth, like pop, etc. No cavities or problems have I experienced, just a more peace of mind if it is true that fluoride shouldn't be used at all.

But also when I have went back to fluoride, it just felt my teeth we slightly stronger. or this could of just been a placebo in my mind.

There are 2 sides, each with experts and dentists.

1. Fluoride is beneficial for teeth in the correct amount, and poses no significant risk long term. That fluoride significantly slows down tooth decay.

2. Fluoride is not safe in any amount, and poses long term risks even with the recommended amounts. That fluoride shows very little to no benefit in preventing tooth decay compared to alternative method of fluoride free.

Either one is right, with a cost of either damaging your health or improving it.

If Fluoride is good, then I slow down tooth decay even more, but if its bad then I will have lower IQ, and other problems.

If Fluoride free is a better alternative, then I have still good teeth from proper oral hygiene. But if its not a better alternative then I miss out on something that could provide better fortification for my teeth.

My decision so far behind this was to stick with fluoride free, as it seems the safest option.

How do I know for sure this is correct? I don't think it is wise to spend too much time thinking about it, and researching it. It could take days. When those days could be spent on something more valuable.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How do I know for sure this is correct? I don't think it is wise to spend too much time thinking about it, and researching it. It could take days. When those days could be spent on something more valuable.

If this is true you would think that it would be even more waste of time posting it here and discussing about it.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
We only have limited time on this Earth, so it is best for us to use time wisely.

I came across a controversial topic which is not easy to get to the bottom to, which is about fluoridation, and use of fluoride. I myself stopped using fluoride for over 4 years, and still practiced good oral care, brushing twice a day with fluoride-free toothpaste, flossing, avoiding foods or drinks that are bad for teeth, like pop, etc. No cavities or problems have I experienced, just a more peace of mind if it is true that fluoride shouldn't be used at all.

But also when I have went back to fluoride, it just felt my teeth we slightly stronger. or this could of just been a placebo in my mind.

1. Fluoride is beneficial for teeth in the correct amount, and poses no significant risk long term. That fluoride significantly slows down tooth decay.

2. Fluoride is not safe in any amount, and poses long term risks even with the recommended amounts. That fluoride shows very little to no benefit in preventing tooth decay compared to alternative method of fluoride free.

Either one is right, with a cost of either damaging your health or improving it.

If Fluoride is good, then I slow down tooth decay even more, but if its bad then I will have lower IQ, and other problems.

If Fluoride free is a better alternative, then I have still good teeth from proper oral hygiene. But if its not a better alternative then I miss out on something that could provide better fortification for my teeth.

My decision so far behind this was to stick with fluoride free, as it seems the safest option.

I'm 68. The water where I live has been fluoridated for 45 years. I've used fluoride toothpaste since I can remember. I still have my own teeth. I am also sound of mind and body. If the scare mongers were right, I'd be in the nuthouse or my grave. How much fluoride do you swallow? Answer, as little as you wish. The microscopic amounts that end up in your system are harmless.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

I work in education/psychology and I can assure you that you cannot lower your IQ

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"lower IQ, and other problems."

When you see claims like this,

"lower IQ, and other problems."

You are dealing with a fraud. FACT CHECK: Water Fluoridation Reduces IQ

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Did the experts use fluoride or drink fluoride water?
If they are correct, then we should question if their conclusions are correct about fluoride.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"
Between the 1940s and the 1990s, the average IQ scores of Americans improved 15 points. This took place at the same time that fluoridation expanded to serve millions more Americans.

New research from New Zealand finds that the IQ scores of children living in fluoridated communities were no different than children living in communities without fluoride in the water.

Beginning in 2012 with a research review in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, claims began to appear that lower IQ scores in children were “caused” by fluoride. There are many reasons why the evidence does not support these claims.

• This research did not test cause and effect. The authors examined a wide variety of studies from different countries (China, Mongolia and Iran) and different times (over 22 years) and reported what was observed. They did not conduct tests designed to examine a relationship between fluoride and IQ.
  • The authors warn that the studies they reviewed “had deficiencies, in some cases rather serious, which limit the conclusions that can be drawn.” They conclude that further research would be needed to rule out other factors that can affect test scores, such as nutrition, the quality of schools, or the presence of contaminants such as lead.
  • The studies do not describe the water that American children drink. The fluoride in these countries was in some cases more than 10 times higher than the optimal level used in the United States.
In 2014, one of the same authors again published a research review in the British journal The Lancet Neurology. This article included fluoride among a list of potentially harmful chemicals. Again claims resulted from this review that are not supported by the evidence.

• The article’s information on fluoride came from just one study, the 2012 research review described above, which did not prove a cause and effect relationship between fluoride and the brain.
  • To be considered scientifically valid, such proof must come from careful testing of results that have been confirmed many times. This study does not provide evidence to suggest fluoride as a possible neurotoxin.
  • More than 3,000 studies and research papers have been produced on fluoridation, and the overwhelming evidence shows its safety and effectiveness as a public health practice. Community water fluoridation has been, and continues to be thoroughly evaluated to ensure the health of those who benefit from it.
"
https://ilikemyteeth.org/fluoridation/dangers-of-fluoride/fluoride-iqs/

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"
An IQ score refers to a value that measures intelligence levels. Shorthand for intelligence quotient, IQ scores typically reflect the quality of education in certain parts of the world, as well as the accessibility and resources available to people in those geographic regions. When looking at the average IQ scores of each country, you will notice that areas of the world with lower IQ scores are less developed and poorer than countries with higher IQ scores.

The IQ map shown shades each country depending on the how high the average IQ score is. A higher IQ score is indicated by a darker shade of violet."http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/average-iq-by-country/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums