• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Contradiction between the bible and PD?

BenCollyer91

Aug 13, 2021
Hastings, Hastings
✟10,419.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that God gives us a desire for marriage and relationship, and he is also sovereign over the childhood trauma that causes people to develop personality disorders, is it not evil to allow the trauma and also give someone a desire to be in a relationship with a partner?

BenCollyer91

Aug 13, 2021
Hastings, Hastings
✟10,419.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think God intends for every person to marry?

Indeed not, from my understanding of scripture it seems the determinant of wether God intends for someone to marry is if they desire to marry or not, im open to being wrong on that, since I desire to have a wife I feel he wills that

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed not, from my understanding of scripture it seems the determinant of wether God intends for someone to marry is if they desire to marry or not, im open to being wrong on that, since I desire to have a wife I feel he wills that

Oh. Well, so many people desire that, but then they marry and have children and end up with a diaster. And I don't think the apostle Paul was married, so I figured God didn't necessarily expect it. But in church it seems most people marry, so I think single people feel awkward.

As for PD, how many in the past must have had such, but weren't diagnosed. I came from two parents who had unhappy childhoods, and whose children weren't happy. My husband tried to deny it, but he came from an unhappy home, too. God willing, I want to reach out to people and make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible says that God gives us a desire for marriage and relationship, and he is also sovereign over the childhood trauma that causes people to develop personality disorders, is it not evil to allow the trauma and also give someone a desire to be in a relationship with a partner?

Yes God is sovereign, but he does not step in to correct our abuse of the freedom he gives us.
He does not prevent a drunken driver from killing pedestrians or violent father's beating their children etc etc
Sin brings consequences which can be life changing for the sufferer.
That is not Gods fault.

Upvote 0