Contraception is intrinsically evil. Beware of those that say otherwise.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Michie, Michie, Michie.....you’re just itching for a debate, aren’t you......
I think the articles posted were pretty clear if they are read. I won't debate titles of threads which is usually the case as you well know.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
In 2018, over twenty conferences worldwide (so Janet Smith tells me) will celebrate Humanae Vitae (HV) on its 50th anniversary, but we are also likely to see concerted attacks on its teaching, which will not have been discouraged by various actions of the Vatican.
Humanae Vitae Comes Under Fire

Continued below.
https://www.thecatholicthing.org/2018/01/09/contraception-intrinsically-evil/
I will never forget that Saturday or Sunday night long ago when I was watching the evening news on television. The report showed a Washington D.C. church and several of the parishioners walked out during the sermon or homily that dealt with Humane Vitae.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"So what is likely to happen? The commission will have no authority to enact changes, and, already, there are reports of divisions among them that will weaken its purpose. But some cardinals, bishops and theologians, as well as elements of the media, will use this opportunity to try to persuade Francis to modify Humanae Vitae using the strategies outlined above as well as others. From the other side, pressure will be exerted to leave the encyclical alone on the grounds it has proven so prophetic and that the Church's teaching on artificial conception is based on her infallible moral teaching."

Upvote 0