Construction of the Mexico-US Boarder Wall. What is the Building Schedule?

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps there is someone on here who is following the progress of Trump's signature promise of a wall along the boarder. We know he has over a billion dollars requisitioned from the Congress and apparently by declaring it an emergency he can free up billions more. What I'm starting to wonder is if construction has begun, what the plan is for that actual construction and when it's expected to be complete.

I'm not really finding that much with regards to details, that's a lot of money and a lot of wall construction. Does anyone have something comprehensive on the details regarding the construction of the wall?

• Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps there is someone on here who is following the progress of Trump's signature promise of a wall along the boarder. We know he has over a billion dollars requisitioned from the Congress and apparently by declaring it an emergency he can free up billions more. What I'm starting to wonder is if construction has begun, what the plan is for that actual construction and when it's expected to be complete.

I'm not really finding that much with regards to details, that's a lot of money and a lot of wall construction. Does anyone have something comprehensive on the details regarding the construction of the wall?

Didn't you hear?
It's mostly Done... just need to "finish it" now.

12-donald-trump-finish-the-wall.w700.h467.jpg

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What I'm wondering, with the Presidential election coming up Trump may only have a year or so to get it done. If he loses his reelection bid and a Democrat is in the White House you can forget about much further construction at that point.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought he rejected congress' offer since it wasn't what he wanted?
Actually he did get the 1.7 billion, or whatever it was. He then went on to declare an emergency to get another 8 billion or so. I'm just wondering where the money is and how it's going to be spent, Trump says he is going to spend it on the wall but he could spend it on a golf course from what I've seen of him so far.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
lol, He's been threatening to declare an emergency but as far as I have seen he hasn't I was sure that it hasn't been okay'd as of yet. If he wanted another golf course he could build it with his own money. Wishful thinking on your part?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lol, He's been threatening to declare an emergency but as far as I have seen he hasn't I was sure that it hasn't been okay'd as of yet. If he wanted another golf course he could build it with his own money. Wishful thinking on your part?
Trump has declared an emergency which the Congress rejected, Trump vetoed the legislation so we are in a state of emergency due to illegal immigration by declaration of the President of the United States. That means billions of dollars are being allocated for the building of a wall and as far as I can tell construction hasn't begun yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Great! They showed it on the news yesterday and a lot has been done but I don't know which border it was. Sounds like you have all the answers:)
I don't have the answers to the central question of the thread, when is construction going to start. If it already has, where is this building project happening?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why don't you try googling for the answer?
I have been and as far as I can tell billions are being accumulated and construction hasn't atarted.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Didn't you hear?

Looking at recent events, I think it's pretty clear that the wall is finished. Trump is going to be very careful to avoid any more backtalk to Nancy Pelosi.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟231,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn't you hear?

"The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all." (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What I'm wondering, with the Presidential election coming up Trump may only have a year or so to get it done. If he loses his reelection bid and a Democrat is in the White House you can forget about much further construction at that point.
Based upon what we are hearing from Democrats who are announced candidates or party leaders, the existing wall will be torn down and an invitation issued to all residents of the Western Hemisphere to come in...because that's the Christian and moral thing to do, you know. :doh:

• Haha
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Based upon what we are hearing from Democrats who are announced candidates or party leaders, the existing wall will be torn down and an invitation issued to all residents of the Western Hemisphere to come in...

The way it was from George Washington to Grant? Do you have some evidence for that? Sounds rather... um, "libertarian" for democrats.

"Forget the Wall Already, It’s Time for the U.S. to Have Open Borders" - Cato Institute
Forget the Wall Already, It's Time for the U.S. to Have Open Borders

because that's the Christian and moral thing to do, you know.

Christian, I don't know, but it's true that in ancient Israel, the borders were open to any immigrant, and foreigners were protected by law, just as any Israelite was protected.

Does that count?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why aren't we allowed in the Catholic threads but they are allowed in ours? Sorry, I realize it is off topic but I need to know/

Excuse me?

1)Current events is not a denominationally restricted section of CF, so it's no more "your" thread than it is mine.
2) non Catholics ARE allowed to participate in the Catholic Threads.

Any other straw man arguments you'd like to throw out?

Upvote 0