• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Constitutional Scholar tells lawmakers if they impeach Trump, 'it's your abuse of power'

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Dec 4, 2019 at 4:23 PM.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+8,239
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Jonathan Turley tells lawmakers if they impeach Trump, ‘It’s your abuse of power’

Constitutional scholar and George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley told lawmakers on Wednesday during the Trump impeachment inquiry hearing that it would be an abuse of their power to impeach President Trump.

Appearing before the House Judiciary Committee, Turley accused lawmakers of doing “precisely” what they’re condemning Trump for doing and urged the committee to respect the separation of powers during the process or risk abusing their positions.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. jahel

jahel Noble Deed Inspector

+52
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    And that’s why this is in the polite ical forum. khehe

3. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,739
    Catholic
    Married
    That's 1 out of the four and what he also seemed to be doing is telling them to go through the courts to force the administration to testify and noncompliance would be grounds for obstruction.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,746
    Christian
    Married
    He was one out of four ... and he urged the Democrats to pursue supeonaed testimony from Trump's staff through the courts.

His complaint was with the process, rather than the substance ....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Yarddog

+2,739
    Catholic
    Married
    Oops. Lol

6. Mountainmanbob

+8,239
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I thought that he said, that there wasn't much substance?
    M-Bob

7. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,238
    Christian
    Married
    You mean that 32 seconds snippet of his testimony wasn't his whole testimony? That all it was was the fragment Fox News could make it sound like what Fox news wanted it to be?! :swoon:
    tulc(is shocked..) :yawn:

8. Yarddog

+2,739
    Catholic
    Married
    He had a problem with the bribery charge. There wasn't enough to prove a crime, as compared to what SCOTUS has ruled in the past. He wants them to slow the process to gather evidence. Get a ruling on the subpoena and force the President to turn over documents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,635
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Do you agree with the process that he said they should use?

10. A_Thinker

+4,746
    Christian
    Married
    His point was that there was evidence being left on the table ...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Christ is born!

+1,541
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    He said the opposite. Did you hear his opening statement?

Hint: Turley talked for six minutes, not 30 seconds.

How many more times do I have to tell you to watch and read news sources with a centrist POV or no political bias? Until you do, you will never learn the whole story, only the fictional parts of it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 10:37 PM
  12. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Christ is born!

+1,541
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I am very serious about your habit of only getting far-right news on purpose. Fox does a great job of only reporting the conservative POV, cutting out all liberal opinions and statements to create their own stories. And not a single one of them is true because they are all one-sided in favor of the liars. To see the truth a voter needs to get 100% of the news from sources that do not lean conservative.

13. Mountainmanbob

+8,239
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You have asked that before and myself and others have went back for you and found the same information on other news sites and then posted for you. So -- I mostly stick with Fox although using others at times.
    M-Bob

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Stacking the deck: Impeachment hearing spotlights anti-Trump professors
    I didn’t expect much from the House Judiciary hearing, and I wasn’t disappointed.
    Democrats have already decided to impeach Donald Trump, and stacked the witness table with three professors who passionately insisted that the House has no choice. Only one professor said impeachment was absolutely not warranted.

These are smart and learned academics, but the deck was obviously stacked.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 3:56 AM
  14. A_Thinker

+4,746
    Christian
    Married
    And the Republicans were able to bring in their witness professor ... who insisted that the House could do a much better job of impeaching Trump ... if they took a little more time to do it.

I think that he made a good point there ...

15. Mountainmanbob

+8,239
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    If we do our homework I believe that gentleman is a democrat?
    M-Bob

Nope
    His history as a liberal contrarian
    Mr. Turley is a civil libertarian and a skeptic of executive power who also has a history of sometimes making arguments that please Republicans and irritate Democrats — while emphasizing that he personally agrees with liberals on policy matters.
    Who Is Jonathan Turley? Republicans’ Lone Expert on Impeachment

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 5:56 AM
  16. A_Thinker

+4,746
    Christian
    Married
    ... and the Republicans' hand-picked representative ...

17. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,238
    Christian
    Married
    Well...if by "the deck was obviously stacked" you mean "all the facts and evidence has shown he's in deed guilty of what he's been accused of" then yeah, I'll agree with that. :wave:
    tulc(needs to do some more chores around the place soonish) :sorry: