• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Constantly needing to confess

EtainSkirata

Mar 9, 2020
Nowhere
✟46,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I've been on this forum posting probably way too many times about my relationship struggles and my OCD regarding my boyfriend's and my relationship.

I think we're getting closer to getting married; he said he's still not ready but we've been together over a year so we're sort of close.

And my mind has been running amok with things that I think he would hate about me. And so I feel this need to confess stuff to him. I want to marry him, but my mind keeps telling me that he wouldn't like me if he knew this or that. I feel like I'm making issues too big in my head; my issue i posted about yesterday that I've been holding onto for over a year, he wasn't concerned about. And so my brain has jumped to the next thing. I feel like I have this list of stuff that I need to get off my chest with him.

Everything is so huge in my head it's hard to know if it's actually worth bringing up or if I should just pray and give it to God and let everything go. I'm scared to get married without sitting down and hashing out the things I'm obsessing over, because if I don't then I feel like I'm a fraud and he's not getting a clear picture of the woman he wants to marry.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I've been on this forum posting probably way too many times about my relationship struggles and my OCD regarding my boyfriend's and my relationship.

I think we're getting closer to getting married; he said he's still not ready but we've been together over a year so we're sort of close.

And my mind has been running amok with things that I think he would hate about me. And so I feel this need to confess stuff to him. I want to marry him, but my mind keeps telling me that he wouldn't like me if he knew this or that. I feel like I'm making issues too big in my head; my issue i posted about yesterday that I've been holding onto for over a year, he wasn't concerned about. And so my brain has jumped to the next thing. I feel like I have this list of stuff that I need to get off my chest with him.

Everything is so huge in my head it's hard to know if it's actually worth bringing up or if I should just pray and give it to God and let everything go. I'm scared to get married without sitting down and hashing out the things I'm obsessing over, because if I don't then I feel like I'm a fraud and he's not getting a clear picture of the woman he wants to marry.
Hang in there! BTW, have you been diagnosed with OCD? If you have, have you shared this with him?
Blessings

Upvote 0

EtainSkirata

Mar 9, 2020
Nowhere
✟46,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hang in there! BTW, have you been diagnosed with OCD? If you have, have you shared this with him?
Blessings
Hi,
Yes, he does know I have OCD, but I haven't shared this with him.
Sometimes my episodes wear on him, and we've had to implement a rule where I can't bring stuff up between 9pm and 9am, otherwise it's harder to handle.
I just can't take this. Monday I posted on here all anxious about how I confessed to him my sexual sin struggles. (And I know this was something I had to share, OCD or not.) And then I thought I got over it, but then last night I was replaying the conversation, and, I had lied to him. I lied to him by saying I only imagine inappropriate content in my head when, in reality, I also would go to sites that, while not "p-word dot com," still had raunchy material. And even I would find p word pictures on Google images or whatever.

So last night I came to the conclusion I had to confess this lie to him. But it was after 10pm and he said we need sleep when I texted him (i didn't spill it over text). And this morning I asked if I could come over but it doesn't seem like he wants me to because he's tired.

I can't handle this. A) what I should have done is written out my initial confession so I would say everything I wanted and be truthful and b) I can't handle it when I do mess up, I have to confess to him Right Now and it's killing me. And I'm also scared he's going to be mad at me for lying, and I'm scared that going to these sites in the past would be a deal breaker for him (even though it didn't sound like it would have been when we were first discussing p-word).

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Everything is so huge in my head it's hard to know if it's actually worth bringing up or if I should just pray and give it to God and let everything go.
We have to trust in God. We are told NOT to lean on our own understanding. We are just not able to figure it out. I was engaged to many girls and my only request was if it was NOT God will for Him to slam the door on us. That is what He did until the right person came along for me. Even then He told me if I waited a little longer I could have an even better marriage. But I just did not want to wait any longer.

One thing is for sure. God does not ever disappoint us if and when we trust in Him. Even if we question His timing, but He does not change so He is waiting on us. So we are waiting on ourselves to become the people He wants us to be to receive what He wants us to have.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Not to point out more things but are you and your boyfriend in a sinful relationship? That maybe why you are always confessing. Some people don’t believe in celibacy. If you are living in sin confess repent of your sins tell your boyfriend it’s time to make a decision. The Bible says it’s best to marry than burn

Upvote 0