United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is one of Darwins death-bed confessions:

"I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything; and to my astonishment the ideas took like wildfire. People made a religion of them."
~Charles Darwin

I took the quote out of "America's God and Country" book of quotations:cool:

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If the universe/earth isn't young, them Jesus is not the son of God. The entire gosple is about the curse of sin and how Jesus freed us from the curse be dying on the cross and raising from the dead, conquering death forever!

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
ZoneChaos said:
The conflict comes from interpretation. It can be said that God created a mature earth, and that the Mature Earth theory supports a literal creation, from certain view of interpretation. The conflict you speak of is relative to the one theorizing.
Yes, except that theorizing and interpreting should have basis in fact (especially scientific ones). 'Mature creation' has none at all (scientifically speaking)...so it can hardly be considered a theory (anymore than my 'mature creation yesterday' is represents a plausible theory). As an interpretation of creation, then, the mature earth theory carries absolutely no factual weight.

From a biblical point of view, it obviously supports the literal translation (6-24 hour days) since it was invented to do this. But even the Bible itself has indications that the notion of 'day' was *not meant to be taken literally* in the context of Genesis. Thus, the mature earth theory has no scientific basis, and only a weak theological basis. Why not go with the interpretation that stands on firm ground both scientifically and theologically?

ZoneChaos said:
Where you see conflict, I do not I suppose. Though, I do understand how you can see it... I just don't.
Biblical literalists (6-24 hour day) certainly do. And as embassador's to the Christian faith, this raises important issues:

As the more outspoken literalists take their 'mature creation' theory to the world, their views will not sit well with the science community (and will reflect poorly on the church). After all, it implies that all of the ancient geological and cosmological events that some spend a lifetime studying...never happened at all (just the musings of the mind of the Lord). This will certainly be a stumbling block for people, whether the literalists intend it to be or not.

If literalists could come to the realization that these are not salvation issues, this would be a step in the right direction. However, as long as they are intent to invent creation science, that work will continue to present stumbling blocks to those who might otherwise enter the faith. That's why it matters. It doesn't bear good fruit (historically, the literal take on Genesis has *consistently* produced bad fruit).

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Would this be part of the Lady hope story that is False?

FEZZILLA said:
Here is one of Darwins death-bed confessions:

"I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything; and to my astonishment the ideas took like wildfire. People made a religion of them."
~Charles Darwin

I took the quote out of "America's God and Country" book of quotations:cool:

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Anti christians must Love you. Since if this was true, you have just handed the destruction of christianity to them on a silver platter.

Luckily it is false. Since you can have personal sin, and original sin with an old earth. And you also get a truthful god with it as well, what a great deal with super savings (no double coupons please). :)

FEZZILLA said:
If the universe/earth isn't young, them Jesus is not the son of God. The entire gosple is about the curse of sin and how Jesus freed us from the curse be dying on the cross and raising from the dead, conquering death forever!

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Read Job 26:7,10 and Isaiah 40:22
Then tell me i have to rewrite the bible to fit fallible science!
One of these days im going to have to debate this board and put an end to evolution. The astroid is my favorite topic:D (a hint of BIG trouble for evolution):D :D

"I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything; and to my astonishment the ideas took like wild fire. People made a religion out of them.":bow: ~Charles Darwin

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
Raydar said:
I think most of the people educated in the fields of geology/physics/astronomy/biology were so by college professors who already had a humanistic world view and would only teach that view to their students and possibly only pass students that took that view. Thus leaving only a few people who took up a biblical worldview after their graduation.
If you want a biblical worldview then you should sign up for courses at schools that offer such programs. Those courses would not be considered 'science' courses, BTW.

Jet Black is correct. Science classes teach the current theoretical framework that represents the best agreement with the data collected (and some science courses will teach the preceeding historical framework). Currently we have yet to see any creation science that meets this criteria. Why on earth would you expect to get a Biblical worldview from a physics or astronomy class?

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
FEZZILLA said:
One of these days im going to have to debate this board and put an end to evolution. The astroid is my favorite topic:D (a hint of BIG trouble for evolution):D :D

"I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything; and to my astonishment the ideas took like wild fire. People made a religion out of them.":bow: ~Charles Darwin
Fizzilla. Would you mind interpreting this for me?

Romans 14:1
Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
That quote is part of the lady hope story and is false maybe you shouldn't use it anymore. :)
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/feedback/jul98.html
http://www.csuchico.edu/~curban/Darwin_Folklore.html

Adam is Glad he sinned, since god commanded things to go forth and multiply, so if there was no death before adam, I think he would be walking on bunnies and breathing bugs in only about 20 years. :D :D

FEZZILLA said:
One of these days im going to have to debate this board and put an end to evolution. The astroid is my favorite topic (a hint of BIG trouble for evolution)

"I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything; and to my astonishment the ideas took like wild fire. People made a religion out of them.": ~Charles Darwin

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have a lot of time to debate so please forgive me.
The laws of thermodynamics prove the big band never happened.
The astoid that supposedly hit the earth was said to have effected the world worse than ALL the worlds nuclear missles all going off at once. This astroid burnt the earth and all that was in it to a crisp. then, molted rock was flung into orbit and back to earth again (Double death!) burning the earth again!
THEN, burning acid rain fell on the earth, the worse fall in history! Anything that didn't of a shell or tough skin was going to burn.
This theory is impossible!!
This Axiom i'm going to lay down and i expect instint links showing me photos of what im about to tell you. If the world was burnt to a crisp by a astroid greater than all the nukes in the world. Then the dinosaurs and everything died and nothing could have survived. And astroid this big would also leave a BIG hole somewhere on the earth...there is none. Furthmore, since there is no evidence that the dino-bones weren't burnt to the crisp, then i'd say evolution is in big trouble. Acid rain would have also contaminated the waters and atmosphere, thus, throwing off carbon dating. Creationist already agree that carbon dating is only good up to about 3,000 years......if even than..
The big bang?? Eternal universe??? Think about it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mike Flynn said:
When Jesus talks about eternal life, does He mean this in the spiritual sense, or the physical sense?

I believe just in the spiritual sense. I don't think that we are going to heaven in our physical bodies. The bible seems to say the spiritual body. Im not an expert on this issue but im very sure its spiritual.
To me it don' t matter, i just wanna gooooooo!

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
FEZZILLA said:
I don't have a lot of time to debate so please forgive me.
The laws of thermodynamics prove the big band never happened.
Incorrect. In fact, the 2nd law of thermodynamics has been envoked by OEC to prove that God created the universe via the Big Bang. I'm not sure where you are getting your physics from, but you are not understanding it very well.

FEZZILLA said:
The astoid that supposedly hit the earth was said to have effected the world worse than ALL the worlds nuclear missles all going off at once. This astroid burnt the earth and all that was in it to a crisp. then, molted rock was flung into orbit and back to earth again (Double death!) burning the earth again!
THEN, burning acid rain fell on the earth, the worse fall in history! Anything that didn't of a shell or tough skin was going to burn.
This theory is impossible!!
Where are you getting this stuff? Can you give us some papers that support this nonsense?

FEZZILLA said:
Creationist already agree that carbon dating is only good up to about 3,000 years......if even than..
The big bang?? Eternal universe??? Think about it...
Then you should ask some real scientists (people who impose no agenda on the subject). Carbon dating is good to about 50000 years. Beyond that we have plenty of other radiometric, geological, and cosmological data that supports an old earth. If creationists say otherwise, then they are simply incorrect. Unless you can find us some substantial data to back your claims.

Sorry Fezzilla, you are going to have to do alot better than this in order to convince anyone.

Upvote 0

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mike Flynn said:
Yes, except that theorizing and interpreting should have basis in fact (especially scientific ones). 'Mature creation' has none at all (scientifically speaking)...so it can hardly be considered a theory (anymore than my 'mature creation yesterday' is represents a plausible theory). As an interpretation of creation, then, the mature earth theory carries absolutely no factual weight.
The only scientific fact I suppose would be logic, in that God followed a pattern in creation. Instantaneous creation of a mature man | Instantaneous creation of a mature universe.

But other than that one observation I have not found any fact to support the theory as you said above. :)

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
FEZZILLA said:
I believe just in the spiritual sense. I don't think that we are going to heaven in our physical bodies. The bible seems to say the spiritual body. Im not an expert on this issue but im very sure its spiritual.
To me it don' t matter, i just wanna gooooooo!
Great. So now you can understand how you can have physical death before Adam (as in evolution) but no spiritual death before the fall (as in Genesis).

Upvote 0