Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's Jesus. Mose had his mystic experience after 40 years of living in the desert, and he showed the power of God openly to the people and the Egyptians, before happened what you wrote. And it is not told that he fasted on Sinai.

Since Genesis contains here and there bits of information later than Mose(no, I don't refer to prophecy, but rather to Gen 36:31 and possible other bits), it is unlikely that genesis was compiled by Mose. The question how much of the Pentateuch was written by Mose himself is complex, unless you take "(book of) Mose" as indication of authorship instead common name of these book(s), there is no indication in the Bibnle that it was completely written by Mose himself.

The only incident in the Bible where the "ark of covenant" was used in that way, Israel lost the battle.

Not the whole Bible, but only the Torah (aka Pentateuch). And with some distortions, as explained above. But your limitation to the first 5 books of the Bible explains why you don't about know the defeat of Israel when they took the ark as refuge against the Philistians, and lost the battle.

An outsider with a fair view on the Bible would tell a somewhat different story.
people are bias and take the information they can use to support their bias. The version I conjure up is very plausibly a version of how many others view the bible and where not every detail is agreeable I get the broad strokes and major ones being the genocidal nature of the Hebrews so stuff like if Moses fasted or he didn't write Genesis (but we don't know who wrote it) are just parts of the narrative that has a goal of making these ancient Hebrews look like barbarians but the genocide part can't be dismissed so easily. I get people enjoy superimposing their abstract western worldview over a time when it made no sense at all and then use that to wag their finger because it doesn't fit.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,159.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They try to make you feel like you are crazy when the facts are so numerous
Statements like this I heard from many quarters, e.g. "there was no man on the moon, Apollo was a fake", or "the Holocaust never happened". Often the "many facts" turn out to be distorted or fakes when you look closely into the matter.

But since I don't know exactly what you are talking about I have no idea what kind of facts you mean, and whether they are real facts or not.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,159.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I get people enjoy superimposing their abstract western worldview over a time when it made no sense at all and then use that to wag their finger because it doesn't fit.
I'm somewhat confused about your motives. Post #34 showed to me that yopur purpose was not what I suspected first, but I'm still unsure what you aim to.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Statements like this I heard from many quarters, e.g. "there was no man on the moon, Apollo was a fake", or "the Holocaust never happened". Often the "many facts" turn out to be distorted or fakes when you look closely into the matter.

But since I don't know exactly what you are talking about I have no idea what kind of facts you mean, and whether they are real facts or not.
Well, the 9/11 commission report was a good start, and the fact that all of the eye witnesses ended up dead, and the fact that all of the terrorists who were on the 2nd plane were found alive and well as reported by CNN and how Bldg. 7 was standing in the background when they reported it had fallen. Or we could talk about Spirit Cooking or Pizzagate. How about Jon Benet Ramsey or the fact that the Queen was found guilty of the disappearance of all those Indian kids but was never brought to justice? The Philadelphia Experiment Anyone? How about the fact that the military has already been chipped? Don't forget the Fema camps that will be swinging into motion very soon now...

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,159.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
and the fact that all of the terrorists who were on the 2nd plane were found alive
No. Names are used by more than one person, e.g. I found a movie actor Jimmy Carter, and it is an easy guess this is not the person you think about when you hear that name ...

All alive "terrorist" were just unhappy ones with the same name. Fact is: All terrorist were identified by DNA analysis of tissue found in the WTC and Pentagon rubble, so we know they were on the planes.

and well as reported by CNN
Show me the reporting ...

and how Bldg. 7 was standing in the background when they reported it had fallen.
The building in the background was not WTC 7, but another building (WTC 6?).

When after 2001 such hoaxes were rather popular, I delved into the WTC matter. I remember many hoaxes and misrepresentations posted on the web by self-proclaimed "truthers", though not every detail.

Or we could talk about ...
Never heard about that. It seems Germans tend to believe other kinds of CTs than Americans.

EDIT: typos

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No. Names are used by more than one person, e.g. I found a movie actor Jimmy Carter, and it is an easy guess this is not the person you think about when you hear that name ...

All alive "terrorist" were just unhappy ones with the same name. Fact it: All terrorist were identified by DNA analysis of tissure found in the WTC and Pentagon rubble, so we now they were on the planes.

Show me the reporting ...

The building in the background was not WTC 7, but another building (WTC 6?).

When after 2001 such hoaxes were rather popular, I delved into the WTC matter. I remember many hoaxes and misrepresentations posted on the web by self-proclaimed "truthers", though not every detail.

Never heard about that. It seems Germans tend to believe other kinds of CTs than Americans.
BBC - The Editors: 9/11 conspiracy theory

My Son Is Alive, US Is Hiding The Truth, Says Mother of 9/11 Attacker

I believe CTs that have the evidence to make it stand without b.s. and opinions. It doesn't matter what we think. What are the facts. Who is the source? What is in it for the source and are they bias? What is their connection to the story and why would they lie? Things like that...is the information in " cover up " form, i.e. coming out after the fact, is it an edit job covering truth, who has been silenced, who stood to gain from the incident, common sense...etc.

Upvote 0

alan650

Oct 19, 2006
✟25,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't agree with your usage of the word "conspiracy theory" to talk of the stories in the Bible. The inspired word of God is is just that. Holy and inspired and God wanted us to know everything in the scriptures. When I think of "conspiracy theory" I picture the foolish things being so quickly spread around Facebook. People are too obsessed with conspiracy theories these days and I find them to be harmful.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟166,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well, the 9/11 commission report was a good start, and the fact that all of the eye witnesses ended up dead, and the fact that all of the terrorists who were on the 2nd plane were found alive and well as reported by CNN and how Bldg. 7 was standing in the background when they reported it had fallen. Or we could talk about Spirit Cooking or Pizzagate. How about Jon Benet Ramsey or the fact that the Queen was found guilty of the disappearance of all those Indian kids but was never brought to justice? The Philadelphia Experiment Anyone? How about the fact that the military has already been chipped? Don't forget the Fema camps that will be swinging into motion very soon now...
The military has not already been chipped. That’s actual fear mongering and completely baseless.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,159.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Emphasizes the "alive" Terrorists were other Individuals with the same name.
Indian Website quoting a Spanish Newspaper who was told by an Arab woman that she was mother of one terrorist who was innocent in in Guantanamo. Rather indirect, possibly another name clash.

EDIT: Oh, I did not read until the end. The the father Mohammad Atta boasted that his son had started a 50-year religious war. Later his mother returned to the "our son is alive" story. So no name clash, but rather wishful, thinking from that family.

What your first video should prove is unclear to me ... a report of a building (no part of WTC) that collapsed because of damage from the twin tower crash, evidently short after the crash. So what?

The second video is just a false claim.

I believe CTs that have the evidence to make it stand without b.s. and opinions.
I don't believe CTs that were spread by lies and fakes. Calling these fakes "facts" is propaganda.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Conspiracy Theory: a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.
=============================================
So then:

1. Invisible evil angels controlling/possessing-at-times humans to accomplish evil. 2Cor 4:4, Eph 2:1-5, 1 Peter 5:8, Eph 6:10-13

• 2 Cor 4:4 Satan is "the god of this world"

2. Invisible good angels providing miracles protection and guidance to help save mankind

3. Judas working with the Sanhedrin.to capture Christ
4. Paul being informed about a secret plot to take his life

5. God the Son becomes incarnate, virgin birth, savior of mankind so that a regular looking human turns out to be the God-man saving the world.

6. Christ in heaven as our High Priest "the main point" of Heb 8:1-5
7. The invisible Holy Spirit "convicting the world of sin and righteousness and judgment" John 16

what others can you think of?
==============================

Christianity is no stranger to conspiracy theories.
Scripture generates Faith that verifies the bible's claims. Conspiracy theories do not generate faith in a believer's heart.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or in today's world a means to discredit someone else even if they have facts, especially as a matter of if they have facts because the attempt is to then not only discredit the person but the information.
Sometimes, but it's usually used to describe stuff like what's peddled by 911 Truthers and 5G loonies.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
psalm 2 and Daniel 8 are clearly talking about events leading up to the time that the kingdom comes and is established on earth.

Psalm 2
Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”
4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
6 “Yet I have set My King
On My holy hill of Zion.”
7 “I will declare the decree:
The LORD has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall break[fn] them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”
10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son,[fn] lest He[fn] be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

Dan 8
“And in the latter time of their kingdom,
When the transgressors have reached their fullness,
A king shall arise,
Having fierce features,
Who understands sinister schemes.
24 His power shall be mighty, but not by his own power;
He shall destroy fearfully,
And shall prosper and thrive;
He shall destroy the mighty, and also the holy people.
25 “Through his cunning
He shall cause deceit to prosper under his rule;[fn]
And he shall exalt himself in his heart.
He shall destroy many in their prosperity.
He shall even rise against the Prince of princes;
But he shall be broken without human means.[fn]
26 “And the vision of the evenings and mornings
Which was told is true;
Therefore seal up the vision,
For it refers to many days in the future.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
These theories become widespread because people believe what they read on dubious internet sites (or worse, in their Facebook "bubble") rather than listen to serious media.
Theories like the moon landing were around long before the internet. It starts in the mind and then the mind finds there are others who have had the same notion (logical or not) without outside influence. Thank God for skeptics. It's called free thinking, an open mind, discernment. Obviously there are those of the cancel culture today who represent the opposite and hate any theories except what they have been fed, possibly being incapable of even coming to their own conclusions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes, but it's usually used to describe stuff like what's peddled by 911 Truthers and 5G loonies.
Today it is done to control the narrative. Controlling the narrative on a grand scale is what we are witnessing today in our world. The outcome will be evident soon enough.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,159.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Theories like the moon landing were around long before the internet. It starts in the mind and then the mind finds there are others who have had the same notion (logical or not) without outside influence. Thank God for skeptics.
Well, but a skepticism that ignores counter-arguments becomes willful ignorance.

The CTs I listed have been refuted thoroughly. I can say, as Mr. Germany in that phone call between Trump and Raffensperger said: "here's how we know this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong". And even if you find a point I can't refute: There are so many lies and distortions involved, that I will suspect this is another case of fake "proof".

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, but a skepticism that ignores counter-arguments becomes willful ignorance.

The CTs I listed have been refuted thoroughly. I can say, as Mr. Germany in that phone call between Trump and Raffensperger said: "here's how we know this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong". And even if you find a point I can't refute: There are so many lies and distortions involved, that I will suspect this is another case of fake "proof".

Hi Helmut. Does the devil run the world? If so, does the devil operate by deception and have many low minions in high places? If so, what would stop them conspiring on a daily basis to pull the wool over your eyes? And what would make you think you can spot the devil's devices?

Remember the Frankfort Metal Octopus? The Weimar Triangle? Heard of a Jewish Stocktake? Schemes, mein freund, and not just to beat the taxman.

Upvote 0