Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I only got through about a third of the video. Following his logic, the majority of any group should be judged by the actions of a small minority. So all Christians are white supremecists, and bigots like the Westboro Baptist Church? All white men are school shooters.... it’s pretty laughable to think that the actions of those three men represent the attitude of the people of Morocco.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I only got through about a third of the video. Following his logic, the majority of any group should be judged by the actions of a small minority. So all Christians are white supremecists, and bigots like the Westboro Baptist Church? All white men are school shooters.... it’s pretty laughable to think that the actions of those three men represent the attitude of the people of Morocco.
Laughable is assessing that this video promotes stereotyping when it begins showing how stereotyping disarmed the victims of their critical thinking skills.
Categorical analysis necessarily invites sub-category.

• Winner
Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Laughable is assessing that this video promotes stereotyping when it begins showing how stereotyping disarmed the victims of their critical thinking skills.

I was going to point that out but sometimes it's best to just leave it alone.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What was the particular stereotype that disarmed the victims of their critical thinking skills?

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But that’s not at all the stereotype of Islam. Quite the opposite.
You saying you view Islam as the religion of war and death and chaos?

Your liberal compadres might wonder if you have Islamophobia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You saying you view Islam as the religion of war and death and chaos?

Your liberal compadres might wonder if you have Islamophobia.
No, I don’t, but what do my views have to do with the stereotype? As I think you know, liberals often reject stereotypes.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Abraxos

Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I don’t, but what do my views have to do with the stereotype? As I think you know, liberals often reject stereotypes.
I'm just trying to understand your flip floppy-ish view here. You believe Islam is the opposite of the religion of peace, correct? Therefore your view is Islam is a religion of war, and death and hatred, etc?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm just trying to understand your flip floppy-ish view here. You believe Islam is the opposite of the religion of peace, correct? Therefore your view is Islam is a religion of war, and death and hatred, etc?
Where did I say that? I think the only statement I made about Islam was that I don’t think Islam is “the religion of war and death and chaos.” But way to change the subject...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Abraxos

Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where did I say that? I think the only statement I made about Islam was that I don’t think Islam is “the religion of war and death and chaos.” But way to change the subject...
Well, you tell me what the opposite of the religion of peace is, you bought it up. Seems like you're back peddling now...

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, you tell me what the opposite of the religion of peace is, you bought it up. Seems like you're back peddling now...
When did I say I thought Islam was the opposite of the religion of peace? In what universe does “not X” = “must be the opposite of X”?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abraxos

Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When did I say I thought Islam was the opposite of the religion of peace? In what universe does “not X” = “must be the opposite of X”?
The universe of post #7 in response to post #6.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The universe of post #7 in response to post #6.
I was referring to the stereotype of islam, not my own view. Which I made clear. You’re just trying to pick a fight.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was referring to the stereotype of islam, not my own view. Which I made clear. You’re just trying to pick a fight.
Sorry. Been gone fishing.
I get you.
But you don't get to tell me that Islam as peacefull, is not also a stereotype.

Stereotypes are a tool of division which always works like this "both ends against the middle".
That's how leaders and their children never fight in the wars they create. You & I do.

Please don't leap to any conclusions about me or what I do or don't believe when I ask you this: Have you heard anything at all about the theory of Mohammed being selected by the Vatican to unite the several Arab religions into a monotheism that would produce an army strong enough to take Jerusalem?
Just curious how versed you are in this area of conspiracy theory.
You haven't been rudely dismissive despite my tardiness, or the crossfire of confusion. I admire that. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What was the particular stereotype that disarmed the victims of their critical thinking skills?
That Islam is a religion of peace.
It's a false, but politically correct thought construct.
Don't get me wrong, though. I'm far from being critical of Christianity, and I have to say, I don't like the tone of the talking head here. It's pumping anger, even if it's a real issue, so it's counter-productive in my opinion.

Upvote 0