up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We can greatly reduce the amount that they can take advantage of us if we are content with food and clothes imo.
Clothes are a luxury whereas food is a necessity. Besides, a lack of clothing would humble the entire world until they got their priories right.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We can greatly reduce the amount that they can take advantage of us if we are content with food and clothes imo.

The U.S. used to be a predominantly agrarian society. They were much more self sufficient. They were also very practical. This waned away as they were coaxed to sell their farms, move to the cities, and work for someone else in factories, to make the money, to buy the useless things, they didn't need, that they made in the factories.

Media helped to expedite this process. I caught the tail end of this media campaign as I was growing up. I'd watch sit-coms, where for example a door to door salesman would knock on a farmers door, attempting to make a sale. They would portray the farmer as some uneducated dumb hick. The salesman would make his pitch, and then the farmer would say, "well wut do ah need that fer?" Then the canned laughter would be injected. It's not funny. It's a serious question that a practical person should ask. They've done a mind job on us.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The U.S. used to be a predominantly agrarian society. They were much more self sufficient. They were also very practical. This waned away as they were coaxed to sell their farms, move to the cities, and work for someone else in factories, to make the money, to buy the useless things, they didn't need, that they made in the factories.

Media helped to expedite this process. I caught the tail end of this media campaign as I was growing up. I'd watch sit-coms, where for example a door to door salesman would knock on a farmers door, attempting to make a sale. They would portray the farmer as some uneducated dumb hick. The salesman would make his pitch, and then the farmer would say, "well wut do ah need that fer?" Then the canned laughter would be injected. It's not funny. It's a serious question that a practical person should ask. They've done a mind job on us.
Do you see this as all part of a larger master plan, then?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you see this as all part of a larger master plan, then?

I've seen many signs that would lead me to believe that, in ways to which I haven't even let on; but this thread is focused in conspiracy fact. I know that the ultimate master plan comes from the Father. That's the one that I need to keep my eye on. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
How is a store or customer deemed worthy by Hermes? A waiting list?

ETA: Nevermind. I looked it up. :D

It depends on the store and sales agent. Some require you to establish a relationship with the brand before they’ll sell a kelly or birkin bag. Others will give to you if they’re in stock.

The company under produces to guarantee demand exceeds supply. There are other styles available but the former are the most coveted. You can purchase items from their website.

When purchasing goods at stores that pay commission it’s better to develop a relationship with one person than work with whomever’s free. Loyalty is rewarded.

~bella

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It depends on the store and sales agent. Some require you to establish a relationship with the brand before they’ll sell a kelly or birkin bag. Others will give to you if they’re in stock.

The company under produces to guarantee demand exceeds supply. There are other styles available but the former are the most coveted. You can purchase items from their website.

When purchasing goods at stores that pay commission it’s better to develop a relationship with one person than work with whomever’s free. Loyalty is rewarded.

~bella
Thanks Bella. I found the topic fascinating and had fun looking it up. A completely different world!

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks Bella. I found the topic fascinating and had fun looking it up. A completely different world!

They retain their value and are considered collectibles. You can sell them later. There’s a market for it. Custom options are possible through invitation. Limited productions bring in higher numbers.

~bella

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They retain their value and are considered collectibles. You can sell them later. There’s a market for it. Custom options are possible through invitation. Limited productions bring in higher numbers.

~bella
Yes I read where they are also bought as investments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is why we can't have nice things.

This video demonstrates some of the collusions and schemes of manufacturers to foist inferior products onto us unsuspecting pigeons. It starts with the light bulb. I can remember my parents talking about a light bulb continuing to light a firehouse since 1901, back when I was a little boy. To my surprise, it's still lighting that firehouse.

Planned obsolescence is a fact.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I used to design, manufacture, and market, electronic equipment. Many engineers will design to use components that meet the current that will pass through them as designed, then add 25% for the surge for when you turn them on. I would use that model, then double it. I would also use superior components, such as industrial and military packages, and flame resistant resistors. It might cost me 10% more for the components; but such components only contribute a fraction of the cost of the finished product. I built my products to outlive me. Would you pay less than 10% more for a product that would outlast you?

This is an interesting question.
My answer is the music industry and music centres. I went with my son into a shop and tried 10 different devices. Some were rubbish and others stood out as good, but this was independent of price. To put it simply, the market had no ability or desire to distinguish between the different products, so there was no economic pressure to produce a quality product.

Without a discerning audience, the best engineers will be rubbished, which is a sad reality. When engineering anything the buyer determines what is successful, which is why salesmen have the most power in this situation, or the twiddles that do nothing but the customer thinks it really matters.

This all changes when consumerism fails, and value becomes more important than supply. I trained my kids to ask the quality question in buying anything, asking why they want it, and does whatever they are getting does it fulfil their needs properly. It is amazing how few people ask these two questions and do not value what they have.
In a strange way I am not rich, but what I have I value deeply, so am rich beyond those with excess wealth but no value. God bless you

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I posted this in the prepper forum recently…

I saw a video today that mentioned a digital label that allows producers to track a garment’s lifespan. From consumer to resale to the landfill.

Tech is coming. I’ve seen initiatives mentioned in fashion articles and NFTs. The target date for the label (it looks like a QR code) is 2025. While you don’t carry a phone at all times you’re certainly dressed.

Most people don’t sew and the majority who do are older. Our dependency on manufacturers have brought us to this point. It’s too invasive.

I was reminded of a scene from The Manchurian Candidate. Denzel is captured on a security camera and replaced with someone else. That level of tracking opens a can of worms.

~bella

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is part of the platform of the Build Back Better movement

These are a few of the words and writings of one Klaus Schwab (Co-Founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum).

“Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies are truly disruptive—they upend existing ways of sensing, calculating, organizing, acting and delivering. They represent entirely new ways of creating value for organizations and citizens”.

“Establishing trust in the data and algorithms used to make decisions will be vital,... Citizen concerns over privacy and establishing accountability in business and legal structures will require adjustments in thinking”

“The tools of the fourth industrial revolution enable new forms of surveillance and other means of control that run counter to healthy, open societies”

“the ability of new technologies to literally become part of us” “curious mixes of digital-and-analog life that will redefine our very natures”

“active implantable microchips that break the skin barrier of our bodies”, “smart tattoos”, “biological computing” and “custom-designed organisms”

“New approaches are currently being imagined through the combination of Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies, such as nanoparticles and other advanced materials”

“new ways of using technology to change behavior” “The scale and breadth of the unfolding technological revolution will usher in economic, social and cultural changes of such phenomenal proportions that they are almost impossible to envisage”.

“With the pandemic, the ‘digital transformation’ that so many analysts have been referring to for years, without being exactly sure what it meant, has found its catalyst. One major effect of confinement will be the expansion and progression of the digital world in a decisive and often permanent manner.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I noticed the same from a high-end refrigerator brand. The models are wifi capable. The feature is standard and lauded for remote control and assessment. They don’t call them smart refrigerators but the verbiage is identical.

Ah, the often overlooked yet mighty fridge. We use it a billion times a week: Open, close, chill, store, freeze … wait, are we out of strawberry jam? It looks like those days of manually writing down that grocery list might actually be over.

Enter the smart fridge — refrigerators that are connected to the internet, have built-in AI, are app-compatible, and are even more energy-efficient than your regular stock model.

Not only can smart refrigerators let you order groceries as soon as the need arises, but their slew of useful features — from connecting to your Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant devices to having special beverage centers to keep your wine collection in primo condition (very necessary) — are all designed to make our lives so much easier.

That’s the hook. Ease is the carrot that moves things forward. Many have taken the bait.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Junk is now being produced for consumers, why do you think they offer extended warranties. For most of the junk that is sold now. Because one, they know their products are junk and they try to capitalize on these junk products, by making an extra dollar on selling, extended warranties.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Then why do they buy it? There has always been competitive quality, that is until Corporatism finishes levelled the playing field.

They have no choice, when walmart and others, is their shopping field.

There was a time when even the middle class and poorer citizens could still by quality products.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There was a time when even the middle class and poorer citizens could still by quality products.
It's too bad Ralph Nader became a swear word and Consumer Reports is largely ignored in favour of social media likes or dislikes based on opinion. I mean today people are foolish enough to carry cameras with phones in them and drive computers. All totally unnecessary.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's too bad Ralph Nader became a swear word and Consumer Reports is largely ignored in favour of social media likes or dislikes based on opinion. I mean today people are foolish enough to carry cameras with phones in them and drive computers. All totally unnecessary.

People are all to welcoming to embrace their own enslavement, as long as it come through technology.

Upvote 0