Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The earth is a globe. Deal with it.
Get some respect:
"Please, I ask that scoffers and folks that don't believe this or that any conspiracies are possible, then simply ignore this thread. "

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
OK so forgive me. I assumed you had given me reason to doubt that I love you.
So why do you feel the need to tell me now?
It never seemed the right time.

I thought it might soften the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It never seemed the right time.

I thought it might soften the atmosphere.
Why didn't it seem the right time?
You think telling me you love me is going to reduce the trolling by "conspiracy theory haters" in here?
That's the atmosphere that needs softening, not my response to trollers.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Why didn't it seem the right time?
You think telling me you love me is going to reduce the trolling by "conspiracy theory haters" in here?
That's the atmosphere that needs softening, not my response to trollers.
I don’t think it goes all the way up to hate.

I would be very surprised if anyone on this forum hates you.

You’re quite charming.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t think it goes all the way up to hate.

I would be very surprised if anyone on this forum hates you.

You’re quite charming.
I hyperbole ( yes, I know it's not a verb)
You avoiding those other questions?
Become a mod for this forum, would you? I need friends there.

• Winner
Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I hyperbole ( yes, I know it's not a verb)
You avoiding those other questions?
Become a mod for this forum, would you? I need friends there.
I think my smart arsedness has back fires on me.

• Optimistic
Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
baf6f1fc89344dfecac12e4e980357c9.jpg

a45fff66106441938388c3f869efcd4d.jpg

e7ff069963d4acd8c7325e5da077ed97.jpg

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I like that one; that makes sense.

The penumbra (total darkness) is much smaller than the umbra (moon's shadow)

solar_sm.gif

This is just based on a misunderstanding about shadows. The reason that this happens is that the Sun's apparent size is a bit larger than the Moon's apparent size. So there's a small zone of almost total eclipse and a much larger area of partial eclipse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is just...this is a troll thing, right? There's no one who seriously thinks this is a good argument?

You've obviously not seen some of the websites out there. What patrick has presented here is, in some places, consensus ideas.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is just...this is a troll thing, right? There's no one who seriously thinks this is a good argument?
Well, you have two choices here....

1/ Believe that what Barbarian says is true... but that it is only true for the moon when the sun is behind it...However, remember that, in his diagram, the "penumbra" is still the same size or smaller than the physical moon, which still contradicts simple physics of light.

2/ Test it for yourself.. go in a dark room hold up a ball and shine a light on it.. see if you can get a shadow that is smaller than the object creating it....

The world of "science" tries to bend the rules of this physical universe when they don't line up with the dogma of their religion.

However, they are the laws that God created and they are the laws that cannot be broken.

So, go ahead, see for yourself, it's a fact of this universe. The moon's shadow must be much bigger OR the moon is much smaller itself.

Also, the direction that the shadow moved.... Ya... it's backward.

Standing on the earth, watching the eclipse, the moon moves faster across the sky than the sun. They both move east to west. The moon has to approach from the east. The sun darkens on the eastern side first. The shadow MUST fall on the eastern part of the earth and move to the west. This... is not what we see...

The shadow on the earth is too small and moves in the wrong direction. That is an observable, testable and repeatable event.

• Winner
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

He doesn't see the flaw there. The assumption is that if the earth is a globe, gravity would be pulling everything toward the bottom of the globe instead of toward the core.
It's just one of the examples they use because they think it supports their FE theory while ignoring its obvious flaws, while at the same time saying that the rest of us are ignoring the "flaws" of seeing the earth as a globe.

If the FE people are not willing to FULLY investigate their ideas and not ignore the flaws with them, then they shouldn't be surprised when their arguments fall apart so easily.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Well, you have two choices here....

1/ Believe that what Barbarian says is true... but that it is only true for the moon when the sun is behind it...However, remember that, in his diagram, the "penumbra" is still the same size or smaller than the physical moon

No, it isn't. The penumbra is clearly bigger than the Moon in that diagram. Even if it wasn't, it's a diagram.

2/ Test it for yourself.. go in a dark room hold up a ball and shine a light on it.. see if you can get a shadow that is smaller than the object creating it....

Why would I do that? It's not even close to being an analogy of the Moon in the sun. The Sun is far bigger and brighter than any light I could find to match. In order for it to be a proper representation, I'd have to produce something like a huge spotlight with a marble and even that wouldn't be a good one, because the sun isn't shining like a spotlight.

At any rate, I wasn't referring to Barbarian's post, I was referring to the idiotic notion that, on a round earth, water should all flow to the bottom half of the globe, as if that's how gravity is supposed to work, pulling things in some universal 'down' direction.

Upvote 0