• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Conspiracy and anxiety

RiskyBoots

May 26, 2022
Dallas
✟15,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all

I've really been struggling with biblical conspiracy theories. I don't know why, but I feel like my brain forces me to look into these things even if I don't want to. It's bound to happen, just being on the internet recently I ran into a dedicated biblical conspiracy Subreddit, and it's just so anxiety provoking. Also while on YouTube today, I came across a "the bible is the mark of the beast" YouTube channel. I know these things are false, but something in my brain just forces me to worry and keep thinking about this stupid stuff. I wish I could just wipe all the imagery and conspiracy from my brain.

I want to break freee

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've really been struggling with biblical conspiracy theories. I don't know why, but I feel like my brain forces me to look into these things even if I don't want to.

Why do you think your brain forces you to look at things ?
Have you discussed this with a qulified medical person?

Do you suffer from 'intrusive thoughts ', thoughts that argue/talk to you either accusingly or persuaisvly to do thing.
If so you need to learn how to cope with intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have to start by not watching that stuff. They affect your mind. Just know that they are not presenting things that are true and factual, so by watching that stuff, you are forcing your mind to be occupied by them. Substitute them by watching other wholesome and good things. Watch things that are truthful and accurate. Watch good programs and movies that portray bible accurately. Watch things that will create in you sound mind, not doubt and anxiety. There are plenty of good stuff to watch. That, will keep your mind off of the junk that's out there.

Upvote 0