• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Considering joining a missionary organization.

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Leevo, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Leevo

Leevo Well-Known Member

+279
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Specifically the Peace Corps or Maryknoll Lay Missionaries, when I turn 21. Thoughts?

Mainly I am just asking for prayers with helping me to discern whether or not it is God's will for me to do this.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+37,942
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Prayers for you and your discerment. My advise is talk to your priest or a spiritual director.

3. TheGirlOnFire

TheGirlOnFire By order of the Peaky blinders Supporter

+2,880
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    UK-Labour
    I would also go along and have a chat with them as well.

Keep on praying x

4. Alex H

Alex H Newbie

+7
    Catholic
    Single
    That's cool. I might become a missionary after I am done with college. I have always wanted to be one, I just didn't know about any lay-catholic missions. Plus, they pay your student loans?!

5. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Member of the Round Table

+8,921
    Catholic
    Single
    God bless you

6. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,746
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    What a wonderful choice! Praying you will choose the organization where you can make the biggest difference.

7. Leevo

Leevo Well-Known Member

+279
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Well, the marknoll missionaries are a Catholic organization! You have to be Catholic to be a missionary with them! Not sure if they pay the student loans but I am sure its on their website somewhere... ^_^

8. Godlovesmetwo

Godlovesmetwo Fringe Catholic

+7,160
    Djibouti
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    CA-Others
    If you feel mature enough to handle responsibilities and can cope with the inconveniences of a poor third world country, I'd say go for it. I wasn't really ready at 21.
    30 would've been a better age for me.

9. Leevo

Leevo Well-Known Member

+279
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Indeed, these are things I have considered. I plan on taking some time to prayerfully consider this.

10. Alex H

Alex H Newbie

+7
    Catholic
    Single
    I'm Catholic. :)

11. Leevo

Leevo Well-Known Member

+279
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican