Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would really like to encourage everyone who possibly can, to move to the Country. The Cities are getting more dangerous by the day and there is very little sign they will ever become safer than they are now.

Food is going to become more and more expensive. The more you can raise for yourself, the better! We live on just 7 acres, but we grow Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Apples, Pears and Peaches and have a big garden, too (this year, I let the ground rest...the Bible says it should rest every 7 years.) There is nothing like home grown food.

We picked Peaches and Blackberries yesterday.
IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would really like to encourage everyone who possibly can, to move to the Country. The Cities are getting more dangerous by the day and there is very little sign they will ever become safer than they are now.

Food is going to become more and more expensive. The more you can raise for yourself, the better! We live on just 7 acres, but we grow Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Apples, Pears and Peaches and have a big garden, too (this year, I let the ground rest...the Bible says it should rest every 7 years.) There is nothing like home grown food.

We picked Peaches and Blackberries yesterday.View attachment 303625

View attachment 303628

I used to live in southern Ohio with my grandparents when I was younger. They lived on an acre of land and I thought that was huge. My grandma had a small garden. I remember she used to make a vegetable stock for all her soups (that she most likely grew with some things from her garden). It was great. My wife and I do talk about retiring in a more woods like environment but with some neighbors around. I do miss the country life when I was younger. You could go outside to your mailbox in your pajamas and not really worry what the neighbors think. I am sure it is not as easy as I remember as a kid, but is more rewarding for sure.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to live in southern Ohio with my grandparents when I was younger. They lived on an acre of land and I thought that was huge. My grandma had a small garden. I remember she used to make a vegetable stock for all her soups (that she most likely grew with some things from her garden). It was great. My wife and I do talk about retiring in a more woods like environment but with some neighbors around. I do miss the country life when I was younger. You could go outside to your mailbox in your pajamas and not really worry what the neighbors think. I am sure it is not as easy as I remember as a kid, but is more rewarding for sure.
We live in Northeast Ohio :) right up on Lake Erie... In the snowbelt :). Where do you live now?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,760.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Beautiful bounty. Here on the prairies the drought has left us in spite of watering and care, 'dried' everything but with a lovely crop of grasshoppers. God has His own plans in spite of what we do with ours.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Found a mulberry tree on the property this year, first time I've seen it in 7 years at the campground. Better than any blackberries or raspberries or summerberries I've had here. But they were overhanging the drive, so (sob, sniff) they had to go. Still, I was judicious about how much of it had to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Found a mulberry tree on the property this year, first time I've seen it in 7 years at the campground. Better than any blackberries or raspberries or summerberries I've had here. But they were overhanging the drive, so (sob, sniff) they had to go. Still, I was judicious about how much of it had to go.
They are wonderful! My parents have several on their property and I think they are going to give me one this Fall or Spring that I can plant here :)

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are so lucky to live in the country.

Not everyone can afford to do that.

God bless u
In some ways, it's more expensive but in other ways, it's alot cheaper.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I grew up on the edge of Exeter, Devon, in South Western England. A predominantly rural place with thatched cottages, remote farmlands and the open expanses of Dartmoor within easy reach.
We got all our milk and butter from the local dairy. The milk was always very rich.
We lived just down the road from a large orchard where we would go to pick up the apples that had fallen. We would come home with boxes full of them.
On many occasions, we used to go to the local country fairs, sample the local produce, watch birds of prey displays, tractor shows and meet some of the locals!
I love to go back again and again for short breaks. I love the friendliness and kindliness of the people, the gentle and relaxed pace of life.

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I live in a Florida suburb. At least I have a nice backyard/garden. i have been working on the plants. Mom and I tried growing tomatoes, but they died. We have a few small bell peppers, and some limes. I have some roses, bouganvilla, hibiscus, bromeliad, elephant ear, two live oak trees, tibouchina, or 'princess flower', caladium, gardenia, mandevilla, ixora, plumbago, vinca, bleeding heart, and begonia.

Some of the limes are ok. Problem is, here in Florida there are a lot of snakes and alligators. There's also fire ants, wasps, dangerous bees, and poisonous spiders. So we have a lot of pests, some deadly, to deal with. We also have no worries about cold, frost or snow. Finding the right plants to grow here takes research. My mom chose some nice roses to grow in the yard. I take care of them. It's been raining so we don't need to water them. I have been getting rid of weeds and clipping off dead flower parts.

I would like to live in the country, I am thinking about Tennessee. I have been there on vacation. It has such beautiful scenery. The people are nice and friendly. Only problem is it gets cold. I am sensitive to the cold. I have always wanted to experience a real winter with snow and ice. I want to go ice skating, play in the snow, make a snow man, make snow angels, have a snow ball fight, go sledding, warm up inside over a fire place while drinking hot chocolate. I want to collect autumn leaves and play with them. I want to bake delicious dishes from fresh grown fruit and vegetables grown in my own garden. When spring comes I want to feed the birds, grow spring bulb flowers, make pictures and paintings from all the beauty around me. Maybe this is a dream and illusion, but I will do the best to fully live no matter where I am at.

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

The country is a lovely ideal; I hope to reach it some day! Meanwhile those of us in the city are making the most of what land we have. It's really not so dangerous here. God's creation springs forth in season, abundantly! Community gardens, hedgerow berries, pawpaws in the park. The cities grow safer the more disciples populate them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I would like to live in the country, I am thinking about Tennessee. I have been there on vacation. It has such beautiful scenery. The people are nice and friendly. Only problem is it gets cold. I am sensitive to the cold. I have always wanted to experience a real winter with snow and ice. I want to go ice skating, play in the snow, make a snow man, make snow angels, have a snow ball fight, go sledding, warm up inside over a fire place while drinking hot chocolate. I want to collect autumn leaves and play with them. I want to bake delicious dishes from fresh grown fruit and vegetables grown in my own garden. When spring comes I want to feed the birds, grow spring bulb flowers, make pictures and paintings from all the beauty around me. Maybe this is a dream and illusion, but I will do the best to fully live no matter where I am at.

Find time to take a winter vacation, perhaps. Too often we look for warm areas in January and February. Those are great months for those of us up north to head south, but if you live in the south, head north! Enjoy winter in the lands they are most suited to! It may help you consider what life further north could look like.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would love to have a lot of property, Turn it into a paradise for my parent's, brother and future husband. All kinds of animals Horses, ducks, chicken's turtle's fishes, fruit, nut and avocado trees. A pond, flower and vegetable garden. But I want to stay in CA. Close to where I live. Very good weather.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

We picked Peaches and Blackberries yesterday.View attachment 303625

View attachment 303628

You are living my dream :oldthumbsup:
Those peaches look so good.
Whoever has opportunity to live like that is priviledged for real. Heaven on earth almost!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,760.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Abandoned farm houses and yards (3 -10 acres) abound as the farm land itself land is increasingly becoming the property of larger farmers or factory farms which have no interest in the former residences. For the price of a used car you could own one of these plots adequate to support the simple life of anybody. The insanity of overpriced city spaces has not reached rural spaces still worth living in that haven't been overtaken by greed. However with Gates buying up farmland at the rate he is going, this too could soon pass.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
In some ways, it's more expensive but in other ways, it's alot cheaper.

Especially if you’re focused on warmer climates that allow you to grow year round. The cost of living is usually higher.

Upvote 0