Conservative v. Fundamentalist

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lisa cubanito is a Liberal from the Liberal forum ..... be careful

Thanks Hon. :hug: I have the Lion of Judah who walks beside me along these treacherous paths.

Lisa

Upvote 0

cubanito

Nov 16, 2005
Southeast Florida, US (Coral Gables near Miami)
✟4,071.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I need to thank some of you. My ampula of Vater opened so wide that I vomited out several gallstones.

Oh my, well, I can't type the "L" word again or it's be pancreatic chymotrypsin coming out my mouth next.

OK, right, I'll shut up now for awhile, and come back after y'all hash this out some more.

JR Catholic Fundy, FUNDAMENTALIST, please no "L", OK?

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Lisa cubanito is a Liberal from the Liberal forum ..... be careful
Nope, it's MUCH MUCH worse than that! He's a tried and true FUNDIE! ^_^ (and one I have a great deal of respect for.)

LOL, JR mentioned in the same sentance as "liberal". I'm surprised my computer screen didn't just explode...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This where I disagree I think that Tradituion should also be a key element used because it is with Apostolic Christians which takes in a great number of the Conservatives on this board and they are not just Catholic....

They are in the following
Old Anglican
Catholic
Old Catholic
TAW
Oriental TAW

But it can't JUST be the above. That would clearly not be commesurate with being "conservative."

The question was asked if one accepts the authority of scripture. Every Catholic should answer "yes," so I don't see any reason to dwell on "but I also...."

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the better question to ask is why do the fundies feel they have to be solely in control of every conservative forum on this board? I mean really you already have one board setup for your group yet you still have come over here and try to take this one over to.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But it can't JUST be the above. That would clearly not be commesurate with being "conservative."

The question was asked if one accepts the authority of scripture. Every Catholic should answer "yes," so I don't see any reason to dwell on "but I also...."
No because we ACCEPT them both equally

Let me explain to you basic Catholic thinking

Yes we accept the Scriptures as Authoritative but only in the light of Tradition ..... One cannot contradict the other.... So to us both are essential you cannot separate the two from one another

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think the better question to ask is why do the fundies feel they have to be solely in control of every conservative forum on this board? I mean really you already have one board setup for your group yet you still have come over here and try to take this one over to.
Haven't you figured it out yet? We're planning to take over the world! (Starting with CF, naturally).

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Haven't you figured it out yet? We're planning to take over the world! (Starting with CF, naturally).

Why do think we other conservatives on the CF are trying to hold up here we were hoping you fundies would go slug it out with athesists, pagans, jehovah's witness and liberal christians and we would be the last man standing by default.;) But if you guys want to do it the hard way that's fine by me and you may win but by time I'm willing to give up the victory will taste like ASH IN YOUR MOUTH.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do think we other conservatives on the CF are trying to hold up here we were hoping you fundies would go slug it out with athesists, pagans, jehovah's witness and liberal christians and we would be the last man standing by default.;) But if you guys want to do it the hard way that's fine by me and you may win but by time I'm willing to give up the victory will taste like ASH IN YOUR MOUTH.
:D

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

http://www.national-anthems.net/music_stream/?from=real&what=usa&id=US

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Frankly I wish you'd all close up shop and join us in the Fundy forum, but if this is your wish (and I can certainly understand it) you ought be careful w your definitions.
I don't think so.

The fundamentalist forum is far more exclusive than this one. Many many Christians would be left out if this forum were to combine with the Fundie board.

You did this in the Catholic forum as well. Stop trying to control other's forums.

Reactions: Lisa0315
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Look all I know is that on my time on the CF the most of the fundies I have encounter tened to be very militant. Most also seemed to be of the belief that if you don't fall lockstep behind them on everything your goddless heathen pretending to be a Christian which is why I may seem a little hesitant about being a board with them and would never consider joining the fundie boards.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look all I know is that on my time on the CF the most of the fundies I have encounter tened to be very militant. Most also seemed to be of the belief that if you don't fall lockstep behind them on everything your goddless heathen pretending to be a Christian which is why I may seem a little hesitant about being a board with them and would never consider joining the fundie boards.

Well, they actually have "militant orthodoxy" in their Statement of Beliefs. I think that would be our dividing line right there.

Lisa

Upvote 0

daniel777

Feb 13, 2007
America
✟12,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think we should close both and open a "born-again" forum. but that would make everione else mad, and we can't do that here. . .
Ooh, I have a question for any fundie on this board.

Is the belief in Pre-Tribulation a tenent of Fundementalism?
not for me. most of us only get rattled over salvation issues. some examples are this: changing Gods law to suit yourself is bad because the law is the very personhood of God, and by changing it you are creating a false Jesus for youself. or any other redefining of Jesus or God. or any devaluing of his wrath, mercy, justice, glory, holliness, majesty, grace, and power. most of us wouldn't (some would though. . . ) get rattled over contraversy in the views of the apocolyps.

anyway i think that's about the def. of a "fundie"

Upvote 0