Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello you and welcome this topic is about Restored Connection.

What is Restored Connection?

It is a reconciliation of God to Man.

(2 Corinthians 5:18-19; Colossians 1:20)

When was this connection lost?

Adam and Eve, were sent out of the Garden because of disobey God. Neither one of them took blame for their own actions -> which symbolizes how we are today. Eve blamed the Snake, and Adam tells God "This woman you gave me, gave me the fruit, thus I did eat". The Snake was cursed to eat dirt for all rest of his life. Adam and Eve were sent out of the Garden, into a world without connection of intimate relationship with God.

How was this connection restored?

The Father, sent his Son Jesus Christ our Lord to come down from heaven, an live a life on this earth until an appointed time. He came to nation of Israel first, and people rejected Him, and desired nothing to do with him. He chose 12 disciples, one who betrayed him. He was going around teaching many profound lessons about the Kingdom of Heaven, of God, and maybe lessons on spiritual aspects of life rather than that of the material.

When Jesus Christ was walking around, everyone around him was spiritually dead, it made it harder to understand some of the parables He spoke of though those who were listening, would finally get an understanding of what was meant because Christ Jesus had said this:

John 14:26 But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Jesus Christ was turned over unto the Roman Guard and was found innocent but was charged to die. He went to the cross, dying 'each in the four gospels saying something different'.

Jesus says:
  • "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" - Matthew - Mark
    • "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"
    • "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (in response to one of the two thieves crucified next to him)
    • "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" (last words) - In Luke
    • "Woman, behold your son: behold your mother" (directed at Mary, the mother of Jesus, either as a self-reference, or as a reference to the beloved disciple and an instruction to the disciple himself)
    • "I thirst" (just before a wetted sponge, mentioned by all the Canonical Gospels, is offered)
    • "It is finished" (last words) - In John
After these things had happened Jesus Christ passed away, and was gone from the earth for an entire three whole days. Buried in a tomb after his body was taken down off the cross.

Jesus Christ was promised by God to be raised again, and God rose him again from the dead, after being in she'ol, the covered place for the dead which has a paradise part, and a prison part with-in it.

Afterwards Jesus Christ was around for a little while longer before going up and into heaven.

Later we see that the holy spirit falls upon the people in Acts 2:1-13 At pentacost.

All of those believers then, were all reconnected to God from being on earth (not the Garden of Eden any longer because Adam and Eve were taken outside of that).

So because of what Christ Jesus had done -> Connection buying back (redemption) the price of sin that was made by Adam and Eve -> The world was bought back through the bloodshed of Christ Jesus paying for all of the sins of mankind - in the whole world.

Why was this connection restored?

Because of the Love of God, and desiring to be in connection again with humankind that was lost, God created us to live forever, and not die. Though because of a choice that was made a long time ago, that separated us from God, has now been rectified by God's Son Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

Please feel free to share your insights, or comments. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello you and welcome this topic is about Restored Connection.

What is Restored Connection?

It is a reconciliation of God to Man.

(2 Corinthians 5:18-19; Colossians 1:20)

When was this connection lost?

Adam and Eve, were sent out of the Garden because of disobey God. Neither one of them took blame for their own actions -> which symbolizes how we are today. Eve blamed the Snake, and Adam tells God "This woman you gave me, gave me the fruit, thus I did eat". The Snake was cursed to eat dirt for all rest of his life. Adam and Eve were sent out of the Garden, into a world without connection of intimate relationship with God.

How was this connection restored?

The Father, sent his Son Jesus Christ our Lord to come down from heaven, an live a life on this earth until an appointed time. He came to nation of Israel first, and people rejected Him, and desired nothing to do with him. He chose 12 disciples, one who betrayed him. He was going around teaching many profound lessons about the Kingdom of Heaven, of God, and maybe lessons on spiritual aspects of life rather than that of the material.

When Jesus Christ was walking around, everyone around him was spiritually dead, it made it harder to understand some of the parables He spoke of though those who were listening, would finally get an understanding of what was meant because Christ Jesus had said this:

John 14:26 But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Jesus Christ was turned over unto the Roman Guard and was found innocent but was charged to die. He went to the cross, dying 'each in the four gospels saying something different'.

Jesus says:
  • "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" - Matthew - Mark
    • "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"
    • "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (in response to one of the two thieves crucified next to him)
    • "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" (last words) - In Luke
    • "Woman, behold your son: behold your mother" (directed at Mary, the mother of Jesus, either as a self-reference, or as a reference to the beloved disciple and an instruction to the disciple himself)
    • "I thirst" (just before a wetted sponge, mentioned by all the Canonical Gospels, is offered)
    • "It is finished" (last words) - In John
After these things had happened Jesus Christ passed away, and was gone from the earth for an entire three whole days. Buried in a tomb after his body was taken down off the cross.

Jesus Christ was promised by God to be raised again, and God rose him again from the dead, after being in she'ol, the covered place for the dead which has a paradise part, and a prison part with-in it.

Afterwards Jesus Christ was around for a little while longer before going up and into heaven.

Later we see that the holy spirit falls upon the people in Acts 2:1-13 At pentacost.

All of those believers then, were all reconnected to God from being on earth (not the Garden of Eden any longer because Adam and Eve were taken outside of that).

So because of what Christ Jesus had done -> Connection buying back (redemption) the price of sin that was made by Adam and Eve -> The world was bought back through the bloodshed of Christ Jesus paying for all of the sins of mankind - in the whole world.

Why was this connection restored?

Because of the Love of God, and desiring to be in connection again with humankind that was lost, God created us to live forever, and not die. Though because of a choice that was made a long time ago, that separated us from God, has now been rectified by God's Son Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

Please feel free to share your insights, or comments. Thank you for reading.
I think the answer is in Ephesians. God could have made sinless people had he wanted to. But sin reflects his glory in ways we could not know apart from it. Paul gives the reason for creation;

“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” Ephesians 3:9–10 (KJV 1900)

No sin, no idea of God's mercy. No sin, no way to measure God's love for those he justly hates. No sin, no idea of righteousness, or justification.

No sin, no way of knowing His sovereignty. Indeed, Paul says in Roman 9; “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Romans 9:13 (KJV 1900)

“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.” Romans 9:15–16 (KJV 1900)

“Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.” Romans 9:18 (KJV 1900)

“Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?” Romans 9:21 (KJV 1900)

“What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?” Romans 9:22–24 (KJV 1900)

It's about God's glory and not for the reason most think.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: AubreyM
Upvote 0

AubreyM

Mar 22, 2021
Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the answer is in Ephesians. God could have made sinless people had he wanted to. But sin reflects his glory in ways we could not know apart from it. Paul gives the reason for creation;

“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” Ephesians 3:9–10 (KJV 1900)

No sin, no idea of God's mercy. No sin, no way to measure God's love for those he justly hates. No sin, no idea of righteousness, or justification.

No sin, no way of knowing His sovereignty. Indeed, Paul says in Roman 9; “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Romans 9:13 (KJV 1900)

“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.” Romans 9:15–16 (KJV 1900)

“Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.” Romans 9:18 (KJV 1900)

“Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?” Romans 9:21 (KJV 1900)

“What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?” Romans 9:22–24 (KJV 1900)

Okay Dave L, thank you for sharing.

Upvote 0

AubreyM

Mar 22, 2021
Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hello again DaveL,

Took me some time to think about what you have said, there are three questions that come to my mind about what you are saying.

What is the purpose of Gods Glory?

Who (if any) was the Glory of God?

How does God receive Glory and from what or whom?

Last edited:
Upvote 0