Congressman asks Smithsonian to remove bust of Planned Parenthood’s racist founder

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Idaho Rep. Russ Fulcher says eugenics supporter Margaret Sanger did not live up to the nation's 'founding ideals.'

July 15, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – As left-wing activists march across the United States to destroy monuments to historical figures with any real or perceived connection to racism, a Republican lawmaker is calling on the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery to remove its bust of Planned Parenthood founder and notorious eugenics supporter Margaret Sanger.

“As our nation struggles to address racial injustice, it is unconscionable that an avowed racist and eugenicist is featured so prominently,” Rep. Russ Fulcher of Idaho’s First District wrote in a June 25 letter to Smithsonian Secretary Lonnie G. Bunch III. “Ms. Sanger is not the kind, inspirational figure you refer to when you talk about challenging our nation ‘to live up to its founding ideals.”

Continued below.
Congressman asks Smithsonian to remove bust of Planned Parenthood’s racist founder

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love how he has an objection to Margret Sanger having a bust in the NPG because she's racist, yet no comment about all the other racists in the NPG. Including multiple pieces of both Jefferson Davis and Alexander Hamilton Stephens.
I was trying to figure that one out myself. Fact is, we have to accept that people through out history were people of their time. It does not make it right, but it is our history.

Upvote 0