Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is this the Unorthodox Theological Doctrines forum or the Anti-Mormon forum?

I'm just surprised that the only unorthodox theological topic that seems to get any attention here is that about the Mormon religion.

Phoenix

Feb 14, 2002
Visit site
✟1,460.00
Faith
Christian
I'm just surprised that the only unorthodox theological topic that seems to get any attention here is that about the Mormon religion.

It's what's being talked about at the time. I've seen this forum run through courses of talking about the Trinity, Preterism, Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism. Most times being focused on one doctrine at a time. If you would like to talk about something else open up a post. :)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Phoenix said:
[/font]

It's what's being talked about at the time. I've seen this forum run through courses of talking about the Trinity, Preterism, Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism. Most times being focused on one doctrine at a time. If you would like to talk about something else open up a post. :)
I'm just trying to add alittle humor. I peeked in here and found 6 of the top 8 topics were all on the mormons and or LDS church.

I would've liked to but with all this mormon talk I have to ask what else do you guys talk about?

editted to say that I did open a topic here the other day on the divine council and a mod moved it saying it didn't belong here.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
arizona_sunshine said:
ACK!

Dont say anti-mormon! Gets you in trouble with everyone ;)

hee hee, just kidding

LDS beliefs seem to be choice fodder for the unorthodox forum... plenty of fun stuff to talk about.

OP, do you mind telling me where you got your nickname? :D
I see...well I don't want anymore people being mad with me so I will take back any bad connotation I applied to anti-mormonism.

What Nephilimiyr? Nephilim is the Hebrew word used in Genesis 6 translated as giants. The iyr is a chaldean word meaning, to watch, to open ones eyes and look.

Upvote 0

arizona_sunshine

Dec 15, 2003
✟3,323.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
nephilimiyr said:
What Nephilimiyr? Nephilim is the Hebrew word used in Genesis 6 translated as giants. The iyr is a chaldean word meaning, to watch, to open ones eyes and look.

Cool, thanks for sharing that.

Have you looked into the Book of Mormon at all? I asked you because there is a character named Nephi. Ive read very very little on the authenticity of the Book of Mormon names as Hebrew... and of course all I have read is positive. (I can be a selective studier...) Are you familiar with any of that? Perhaps you have been asked before and you could direct me to a thread?

Oh, its funny about the anti-mormon thing. Several times the LDS have been referred to as anti-Christian Theology because we wouldnt give up using anti-mormon. :D

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
arizona_sunshine said:
Cool, thanks for sharing that.

Have you looked into the Book of Mormon at all? I asked you because there is a character named Nephi. Ive read very very little on the authenticity of the Book of Mormon names as Hebrew... and of course all I have read is positive. (I can be a selective studier...) Are you familiar with any of that? Perhaps you have been asked before and you could direct me to a thread?

Oh, its funny about the anti-mormon thing. Several times the LDS have been referred to as anti-Christian Theology because we wouldnt give up using anti-mormon. :D
Nope, not familiar at all but I have been in a discussion on Mormonism before here way back and do hold to my opinions. I'm more than sure that thread has died and is long lost.

I'm glad you appreciate my humor. That doesn't happen too often. Laughter is the best medicine you know? Sometimes I think we all just need to lighten up a bit. Yes there are major differences between us but we are still all of God's children!

Upvote 0

arizona_sunshine

Dec 15, 2003
✟3,323.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
nephilimiyr said:
I'm glad you appreciate my humor. That doesn't happen too often. Laughter is the best medicine you know? Sometimes I think we all just need to lighten up a bit. Yes there are major differences between us but we are still all of God's children!

Agreed. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

caligula88

Mar 5, 2004
Appleton
✟135.00
Faith
Christian
Alright, here is my question....what is the problem with mormonism? From what I understand, according to most conventional christian denominations, mormons will go to heaven too. Seeing as they believe that jesus died for their sins and they all strive to attain relationships with god, why should it matter?

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
nephilimiyr said:
Is this the Unorthodox Theological Doctrines forum or the Anti-Mormon forum?

You, me and a few other folks feel the saaaameeee way. I'm hoping the mods are working on a solution to this overtaking of the UT forum. :scratch:

Upvote 0

arizona_sunshine

Dec 15, 2003
✟3,323.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Shekinahs said:
You, me and a few other folks feel the saaaameeee way. I'm hoping the mods are working on a solution to this overtaking of the UT forum. :scratch:

Well, when you refer to it as the 'UT' forum... :)

Get it? UT = Utah? Ours.

hee hee hee haw haw haw.... Ooooooh that was lame.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.