• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

confused

kittypl

Jul 19, 2017
east coast
✟27,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i moved away from my son's father (we were not married) for a lot of reasons. he is not a believer and that was one of them.
but i am secretly hoping that in time he will convert. i have been looking at catholic dating websites because of boredom. i dont really feel that now is a good time for me to get involved with anyone yet i want some kind of human interaction so i am on the dating website. not to flirt. just kind of lurking. yet i feel like somehow i shouldnt because of my son's father- if i want us to get back together eventually then i shouldnt be on there?
i am not good at waiting.
also i am having a hard time with following the Holy Spirit, with discernment- sometimes i feel like i am being guided to something but i am not sure if it is God so i put it aside.
:-(

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe that finding such wisdom is a result from hearing from God is a seven step process...

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in.
2. The Altar - Salvation by acknowledging and believing on Jesus
3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification.
4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God.
5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too. This is Pentecostal doctrine whose architect, William Seymour, issued this disclaimer...

William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

I would seek such experience. Once you find it I believe you will hear from God of your personal gifts, what you need to do, and your personal calling.

Temple_zps43c1911c.png

And a short little video...

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i moved away from my son's father (we were not married) for a lot of reasons. he is not a believer and that was one of them.
but i am secretly hoping that in time he will convert. i have been looking at catholic dating websites because of boredom. i dont really feel that now is a good time for me to get involved with anyone yet i want some kind of human interaction so i am on the dating website. not to flirt. just kind of lurking. yet i feel like somehow i shouldnt because of my son's father- if i want us to get back together eventually then i shouldnt be on there?
also i am having a hard time with following the Holy Spirit, with discernment- sometimes i feel like i am being guided to something but i am not sure if it is God so i put it aside.
The Holy Spirit follows you. HE is not going to lead you astray. Sometimes the clutter in our lives gets in the way.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Now we see more of the story, Kittypl, and I will surely pray for your good in all ways. Do not rush to any action, except getting close to God. Let me urge you to read your Bible daily ---beginning in John 14 for an overview, and make the Lord Jesus first in your heart and life.

Reactions: kittypl
Upvote 0