Status
Not open for further replies.
purple large
Hi :)
I am really confused about life at the moment and am hoping that someone out there can help me. I have some friends who do try and one who totally understands me but really need some outside advice. Ok well life is really getting on top of me at the moment (i am on anti-depressents and can't sleep without using a sleeping pill) and I don't know how to get out of this downward spiral which I've been on for years. For as long as I can remember my brother has had ADHD and has caused my parents alot of worry (we have had to call the police too many times to remeber because he has been smashing up the house/threatening us) and as most of his anger was curbed onto me they found it hard to make choices about what to do about him because they love both of us. From the ages of 7-9ish i was continually sexually abused by him and eventaully told my parents when a friend made me. Things didn't improve much, social services did nothing, so me and my mum had to move out to live with a friend and leave my dad to cope with him as it was too dangerous for us.
I was lonely at school and my mum broke her arm and everything became too much and i got ill with m.e and had to give up school. Things with m.e got worse and my brother got a bit better so mum + me went back home. I didn't get better, though, and had to go into hospital for 3 weeks when i lost the use of my legs and was in a wheelchair. I was in the wheelchair until July 24th 2001, from the ages of 12-14. I went back to school september 2001 (harder than giving back wheelchair) and still get worn out physically and emotionally. But the problems don't stop there. I have a real problem with my weight (i can admit it now, but can't get help as my parents can't know) and sometimes cut myself and over-dose. I doubt God so much and gave up church when i first became ill. Now all i want is to turn around and get help but I don't know where to start. I want to have a proper relationship with God and although i do some things for him (i am on a discipleship program and go to my christian group at school each wednesday) i often find myself denying him and doubting him. I need guidance and i don't know which way to turn. Also a question - since i was abused against my will, does that still mean I have broken the commandment telling you not to have sex outside of marriage?
If anyone can help i will be so greatfull, i am at the end of my teather. Thankyou so much for your time in reading this,
God be with you all
Anna xxx

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Hi Anna,

Let me start by saying that we all have our times of doubt and times of denying God. We are human, and we are so bombarded by the world with secular beliefs we have just got to realize it is not who we really are, and that we do believe; God has called us and the calling is in our hearts.

Secondly, if you have had sex outside of marriage against your will, that is rape, not adultry nor is it a sin on your part.

You are growing up within much turmoil in your life and that is why you cannot sleep and are on anti-depressants.

Satan is doing everything he can to work against you through these problems. Do not let him win. Call on Jesus. He loves you
with a love so deep we cannot fathom it. He will take care of you.

Also, I would suggest talking to your pastor at church and finding
a truely Christian counselor who is trained to help guide you, pray with you, and encourage you in dealing with your situation
in a Christian manner. Because God loves you, He is the root of
what will heal you.

And let me commend you on your faith. You have great faith. I liken your faith to that of Job. God loves you anyway, but you know He loves the faith you have in Him. Stay with God and your
reward is going to be great. You know that, I am sure.

I am keeping you in my prayers!
God Bless you and strengthen you and heal your many wounds.
We love you in Christ.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Our Father in heaven, I praise your precious Holy Name. You are a wonderful God. You a God of wonderous miracles and healings. You are a God of great, great strength. There is no God like You.
Abba, Father, I lift Anna up to you. You know her, You know the life she is living. You know the pain she knows, You know the turmoil all around her. Satan holds her in a situation of war, God;
spiritual war. First strengthen her for the battle, Father. Guide her, Father. Be a light unto her feet. Do not let her stumble or fall.
Then send Your angels to fight Her battle for her; to drive out all
evil from her life!

Then Father remind her she can give you the burden and you will carry her through the valley and protect her. You are Anna's comfort, her fortress in time of need and in time of dispair. Give Anna peace of mind and of heart. Give her such calmness, she has never known until now, God. Cleanse her mind, Abba, of dreadful thoughts and feelings of things beyond her control. Let no further harm come to her.

Use your Holy Spirit to heal her and protect her. To be a sheild against all that Satan can throw at her. To dispell any doubts or disbelief in You, our Father in heaven. Hallielujah! Praise Your Glorious Name. Only You can do these wonderful things. I praise
You miraculous name.
Hallielujah! Hallielujah! Hallielujah! In Christ mighty name!
AMEN AMEN AMEN!

Upvote 0
thankyou, people on here have big hearts and wise minds. I am so greatful of your prayers, and of course your time and advice which I am trying to follow :) The answers you have given me really made things clearer and i would like to thank God for speaking through you and giving you the wiseness which bursts from your reply! God be with you!
AMEN!

Upvote 0
Anna - I second everything Solo told you, and my feelings are exactly the same on the fact that you did not sin when your brother abused you.

You have gone through so much, yet you are continuing to fight to be the person you are meant to be, the person you are struggling to be. And, with God's help, you will get out of your spiral. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Talk to Him all through the day, it doesn't have to be formal, prayer-like conversations. Ask Him to guide you, protect you, give you wisdom on your decisions, and healing. You have gone through so much, yet look how you long to have a wonderful relationship with God! Everything is in place, Anna, all you have to do is talk to God, and He will help you with all the rest! You may have moments of doubt, but your faith is there. Just turn your burdens over to Him.

Dear Father in Heaven - We thank you that Anna is on this board with us, and asked for advice. We thank you that she is a fighter, and longs to have an intimate relationship with you so that you can guide her and love her and reassure her. I pray, Lord, that you protect her from the abuse and fear she has known from her brother. I ask that you fill her heart with love, reassurance, strength, peace, wisdom, and healing for the road ahead of her. I pray that her parents are strengthened, and her brother is given the help that he needs. I pray, Lord, that you touch Anna's body with healing, strength, and give her nightly rest so that she can continue to heal from the trauma she has endured. And, Father, please reassure her that she is pure in your eyes, and her future is with you. In the name of our Savior, Amen.

Anna - this is a poem by Helen Steiner Rice that I thought you might enjoy:

Whenever I am Troubled

Whenever I am troubled,
and lost in deep despair,
I bundle all my troubles up
and go to God in prayer.

I tell Him I am heartsick,
and lost and lonely too,
that my mind is deeply burdened,
and I don't know what to do.

I know He stilled the temptest,
and He calmed the angry sea,
and I humbly ask, if in His love,
He'd do the same for me.

Then I just keep quiet,
and think only thoughts of peace,
and if I abide in stillness,
by restless murmurings cease.

Also, one of my favorite verses is Phillipians 4:6-7:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers, Anna. May God bless you. ~kim

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
kimanne,
You prayed:

Dear Father in Heaven - We thank you that Anna is on this board with us, and asked for advice. We thank you that she is a fighter, and longs to have an intimate relationship with you so that you can guide her and love her and reassure her. I pray, Lord, that you protect her from the abuse and fear she has known from her brother. I ask that you fill her heart with love, reassurance, strength, peace, wisdom, and healing for the road ahead of her. I pray that her parents are strengthened, and her brother is given the help that he needs. I pray, Lord, that you touch Anna's body with healing, strength, and give her nightly rest so that she can continue to heal from the trauma she has endured. And, Father, please reassure her that she is pure in your eyes, and her future is with you. In the name of our Savior, Amen.

And I say Amen! Amen! and Amen!

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
chocolatelover,
You are welcomed. I think I can speak for everyone when I say, We are glad to be here with and for you.
God bless you, Peace and strength to you

Originally posted by chocolatelover
thankyou, people on here have big hearts and wise minds. I am so greatful of your prayers, and of course your time and advice which I am trying to follow :) The answers you have given me really made things clearer and i would like to thank God for speaking through you and giving you the wiseness which bursts from your reply! God be with you!
AMEN!

Upvote 0
Anna - I think Jesus would forgive him. But I think if you are going to talk to him specifically about this situation, it might prudent to have a parent with you since he is violent. Also remember, that you can forgive him for his past deeds, but you must continue to protect yourself from him during the present. So your relationship and the space you have between you might have to change. Some people think that when they forgive someone, they must have a normal relationship with that person. We know what forgiving is, but resuming a "normal" relationship with them by talking with them, spending time with them, and doing things with them is called "reconciliation". You are reconciling the relationship. You can choose to forgive someone to release the anger, hatred, hurt, pain, resentment, etc. out of your heart, and you are doing what the Lord wants you to do, but you do not have to have reconciliation with that person if it is harmful emotionally or physically. Maybe pray about it and ask the Lord to guide you. Bless you, Kim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hi
I Haven't been online to christianforums (or checked emails or anything outside of school research *yawn*) for a long long time, and its because i was seriously doubting God and why he was putting me through repeated pain - i'd given up praying and constantly told my christian friends that they were wasting their breath praying for me.......but the other day I came online and read a message from solo66 man and was reminded of the christian love and fellowship that exists and have decided to try to reconnect with God again - THANKYOU SOLO66 MAN!!!

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Anna, I have donned my Prayer Warrior suit and will say an extensive prayer for you!

You were forced against your will and therefore a victim, Once you are on the right path you will know God's mercy and will have peace.

Through prayer and fellowship you will gain the strength to deal with spiritual warfare, please try to put it in God's hands, he will help you come around.

Praying now :pray:

God be with you Anna!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

soulsisterclaire

JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME
Feb 26, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,279.00
chocolatelover(cool name!)

I am so sorry for all you have been through in your life. It must have been very hard. I only wish that I could comfort you in your pain...here is a verse that I love and always helps me when I am hurting...meditate on it...it is from God -

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Love you!

Upvote 0
Dear Chocolatelover:
Oh how i can understand the pain.......I too for a long time wondered if god even cared. To make the lonnnnnnng story short.... I am what is known as a black market baby......sold the the hightest bidder, the family who bought me was a house (not a home) full of all kinds of abuse......i have endured 23 surgeries....was raped left for dead......have chronic fatigue sydrome, cancer (thank god its in remission) and MS...many times in my life i often wondered (due to my past and the feeling of not being loved) if anyone could love me....much less god. There was a time i was sure even God didnt love me......and then i learned.......when i feel i can pray no more....its then that i know i must pray harder. I often wonder why God allowed these things to happen to me......i came to my own conclusion......he trust me.........He trust me that with all that has come in my life.....he trust me that I would never loose track of who he was.....even in those time when i didnt want to pray, or want to believe in him. He was there holding in his arms and whispering to the heart of my soul..........I am here...and he never walked away......
My friend....when you can not pray, or the pain gets to much....i will tell you what i tell my sister.....I am here, I will pray when you cant.....I will hold you up in prayer when you think you cant stand any longer. Remember we are all children of God.....we are family.....and this is what we do.....PRAY for one another

Upvote 0
Dianna,
Firstly, i want to say how much i admire you!!
Thankyou for sharing your life, i am so unbelievably sorry you have had to go through that pain and suffering, and its amazing that you still have so much faith! I am ashamed of letting myself get so depressed over my problems, you have been through far worse and its stupid for me to worry about the little things, thankyou for showing me that. I can only understand about your rape and CFS, but I will pray for you to the extent that i can understand,
You will be in my prayers,
Stay strong,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.