SoCal, USA
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I think the LCMS views itself as "defending traditional Lutheranism," but to be very frank, at this point in my life I'm much less interested in that than I am not dying of loneliness, which is what's happening right now. My last doctor's visit a couple of weeks ago showed high blood pressure and I have an enlarged spleen and liver, and she said my isolation has done none of that any favours.

Loneliness CAN KILL.

Hi Grey,
I really feel you, as I face very similar situation. My pastor told me that the congregation are introverts, so it became the DNA of the church. No matter what I did to connect, not much is happening. Only few people said hi, but it feels superficial.

Anyway I plan to:
1. Find another Lutheran church in town.
2. Try to attend a Friends Church nearby.
3. Start Spiritual Formation group, but not sure how to find people who have the same interest.

Let me know how it goes.

Upvote 0

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When a Christian denomination claims that only they got it right, how do they know that they are the only ones who got it right when other groups with different teachings claim that they also got things right? These are claims versus claims. Every Christian must go to the Bible and sort it out for himself with the help of the Holy Spirit. This is how the Word of God is designed. If you align yourself with God’s will, He will show you. There are many books that can teach us how to read the Bible for ourselves. One of the books I used is called 10 Principles for Studying Your Bible by Charles Stanley. Do not just accept what your pastor is saying, you need to check it out against God’s Word. Some reliable websites that I go to are gotquestions.org, blogos.org, grace to you,

When certain groups keep you from getting involved with other groups there is a fear that their theology might not stand up to scrutiny. When they disciplined your pastor that is a worrysome behavior. The truth is supposed to set us free not put us in shackles as the Pharisees did during the time of Jesus. If you feel burdened because of this congregation that is not the life of victory that God wants for us, especially when you are hurting and need support. I would find a more welcoming church where you see the fruit of the spirit in many of its members. But you need to study God’s word and arm yourself so that you don’t get tossed by the wind.

Upvote 0