Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is overt racism common in the USA? It seems like some people there take heart from Donald Trump's negative comments about Mexicans, African nations, Haiti, and whatever other places fall under his vulgar description of nations from which he does not think the USA ought to take immigrants.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is overt racism common in the USA? It seems like some people there take heart from Donald Trump's negative comments about Mexicans, African nations, Haiti, and whatever other places fall under his vulgar description of nations from which he does not think the USA ought to take immigrants.

If the treatment of people differently because of their racial heritage is racism, then yes, ... overt racism does exist here ...

• Agree
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the treatment of people differently because of their racial heritage is racism, then yes, ... overt racism does exist here ...
Maybe the bishop's remarks are apropos to current conditions in the USA.

Church-must-speak-and-live-in-truth-to-combat-racism-US-bishop-says-500x358.jpg

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Racism is alive and well in the US. It's here on these 'Christian' forums.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm of the opinion that if you say you're not racist, you probably are. If you've managed to escape being a racist in this country, then you are one of the most amazing Americans ever.

I say this because I half to deal with the racist loops running around in my head. I wasn't raised to be a racist, just the opposite. Never-the-less, I still have to confront the racist thoughts planted in my own brain. Where did they come from? My mother and father didn't put them there. Both my brother and I were horrified as young people when our southern cousin explained to us the difference between n******s and black people (n*******s want to date white girls).

And yet, I'm still a racist. How did I get here?

Upvote 0