Conflicting White House accounts of 1st Trump-Zelenskiy call

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
"President Donald Trump released the rough transcript Friday of a congratulatory phone call he had with the incoming president of Ukraine, holding it out as evidence he did nothing wrong. Instead, the memorandum shows how White House descriptions of Trump’s communications with foreign leaders at times better reflect wishful thinking than the reality of the interactions.
The original readout also said Trump “underscored the unwavering support of the United States for Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.” But there’s no indication of that in the rough transcript.

Likewise, the readout said the president expressed his commitment to help Ukraine “to implement reforms that strengthen democracy, increase prosperity, and root out corruption.” The word “corruption” is not mentioned in the rough transcript of the actual call.
“But it’s certainly not normal for the readout to be nearly entirely divorced from the reality of the call,” he said. “The discrepancies between the transcript and the readout in this case are profound.”
"

Conflicting White House accounts of 1st Trump-Zelenskiy call

• Informative
Reactions: tulc

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
holding it out as evidence he did nothing wrong.
Everyone wants to be a back seat driver using 2020 backward vision. There really is no issue here. People are trying to get a lot of millage out of NOTHING. Trump would be better just to ignore the whole issue and let it die from natural causes. But then they would use their imagination to come up with something else so he just answers their questions and humors them. It is to bad the liberals do not send more time doing the job they were hired to do and less time at the water cooler talking nonsense with people.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi WBS,

It is my understanding that the rough transcript of notes taken on both calls have some fairly major discrepancies from the later released official transcripts, that are claimed to be more reliable.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is too bad the liberals do not send more time doing the job they were hired to do and less time at the water cooler talking nonsense with people.

The liberals are doing their job. It is tbeir duty in the U.S. Constitution to hold the impeachment hearings because there is a lot of evidence already the President did multiple impeachable acts.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The liberals are doing their job. It is tbeir duty in the U.S. Constitution to hold the impeachment hearings because there is a lot of evidence already the President did multiple impeachable acts.
Nonsense. You may not like Trump. You may not be happy with the job he is doing. We did not like Obama and we did not like the job he was doing. But we did not cry like a baby every day over it. This impeach nonsense is a waste of time. Although if it were not this it would be something else. They are going to keep making up fake false news and nothing seems to persuade them from doing that. People would be well advised to turn off their TV and not listen to that nonsense anymore. I just cut $60 off of my cable because I am not going to pay them to produce that nonsense anymore. I just have the basic stations that we would get with an antenna. That is a lot better then when I was a kid and we only had three stations.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Trump would be better just to ignore the whole issue and let it die from natural causes. But then they would use their imagination to come up with something else so he just answers their questions and humors them.

'Answers their questions' by not tesifying himself and refusing to let anyone in the white house testify before congress?

We did not like Obama and we did not like the job he was doing. But we did not cry like a baby every day over it.

Yes you did. Not you personally maybe, but conservatives certainly did. Or are we supposed to forget the tan suit, the Dijon mustard, the umbrella and the rest of the ridiculousness we were bombarded with daily by the right?

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just cut $60 off of my cable because I am not going to pay them to produce that nonsense anymore. I just have the basic stations that we would get with an antenna. That is a lot better then when I was a kid and we only had three stations.

You could save few more bucks and get rid of internet too. Lots of facts here that make Trump look bad.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could save few more bucks and get rid of internet too. Lots of facts here that make Trump look bad.
There is good and bad on the internet. There is a lot of good teaching on youtube but there is also distractions there. People try to make Trump look bad but for the most part they fail. When people see the truth then they see that Trump is making the best decisions possible with the amount of understanding that we have. In the beginning I thought Trump was a clown. I did not take him serious. Then it turns out he was the best man for the job. Bernie and Bidden are both good people. Still Trump is the better man for the job. Bernie is still in recovery from a heart attack and Bidden has always talked to much. It is a dangerous thing to talk to much because then people quickly see how little you know. You got to wonder if Bidden is not a few fries short of a happy meal, or if his deck is not missing a few cards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is a lot of good teaching on youtube but there is also distractions there.

Yeah, it is hard to maintain mulish obstinancy on chosen ideology when you get confronted by actual facts.
Although it seems to be easier for some than others.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly the same formula people should use for Trump.
It is no problem for a president to be ignored. Bush Jr did not like a lot of attention. Even daddy Bush always tended to keep to himself. This was no issue for Obama though, he loved the spotlight. As much as Clinton loved the microphone.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, it is hard to maintain mulish obstinancy on chosen ideology when you get confronted by actual facts.
Is that the issue you are having, the facts keep getting in your way? I was actually talking about being distracted by the pretty women on youtube.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone wants to be a back seat driver using 2020 backward vision. There really is no issue here. People are trying to get a lot of millage out of NOTHING. Trump would be better just to ignore the whole issue and let it die from natural causes. But then they would use their imagination to come up with something else so he just answers their questions and humors them. It is to bad the liberals do not send more time doing the job they were hired to do and less time at the water cooler talking nonsense with people.

...and this relates to the topic of this thread how?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is that the issue you are having, the facts keep getting in your way?

Not really. I mostly meant people who said something like...

People try to make Trump look bad but for the most part they fail

If after all the mud the Trump has been wallowing in and you still think he looks good internet girls are least of your problems.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If after all the mud the Trump has been wallowing in and you still think he looks good internet girls are least of your problems.
Trump likes to defend himself so he draws this stuff out longer then he should. The real problem is the devil wants to destroy this world and far to many people are jumping on his band wagon. To many people are on the side of death and destruction. We are here to represent life, health, prosperity and the blessings of God. I wish Trump would do more about the drug epidemic. He tends to leave them people along though. Congress should be going after the doctors and pharmacists that re causing this epidemic. If you follow the standard 20 - 80 rule then 20% are pushing 80% of the drugs. With 80% pushing 20%. Over 770,000 Americans have died from drug overdoses since 1999, and the total number of deaths jumped from 16,849 in 1999 to a high mark of 70,237 in 2017. The Sackler family is clearly the people getting rich off of this. Even they have offered a 12 billion dollar settlement for all the law suits that they have against them. Those are the people we should be going after.
8sackler1105a.jpg

Attachments

• 8sackler1105a.jpg
    8sackler1105a.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes you did. Not you personally maybe, but conservatives certainly did. Or are we supposed to forget the tan suit, the Dijon mustard, the umbrella and the rest of the ridiculousness we were bombarded with daily by the right?

What tan suit? What Dijon mustard? What umbrella? I don't have a clue what you are referencing. Did someone try to impeach Obama based upon a tan suit , Dijon mustard and an umbrella? I must have missed that.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense. You may not like Trump. You may not be happy with the job he is doing. We did not like Obama and we did not like the job he was doing. But we did not cry like a baby every day over it. This impeach nonsense is a waste of time. Although if it were not this it would be something else. They are going to keep making up fake false news and nothing seems to persuade them from doing that.

What makes you think the evidence that has been found does not exist?

The word "we" is incorrect. I voted for and liked Barack Obama.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Trump is not made to look bad by anyone else. He makes himself look bad voluntarily.

Upvote 0