✟15,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello there,

I'm a male teen, and I am what you would consider a late-bloomer. I have not started puberty, and I can start puberty boosters; which are 4 injections over 4 months. I feel like God's will is for me to wait, but I have a hard time determining what God's voice is and my conscience. I know God wants the best for me, and to me, taking these boosters is the best route. I hate being shorter than all of my peers and all the other effects of puberty. When I prayed about it, I felt an inner voice say to me, "Patience," just the word "patience." But, I feel conflicted about whether or not that was my brain just thinking, or God's voice.

I'd like advice on how to discern His voice and my conscience. I don't see any reason why God wouldn't want me to take these boosters, other than to teach me patience. Although, I don't feel like God would teach a lesson using a subject this big. I'm conflicted, and I've spent weeks thinking and debating this.

My family all agree that taking these boosters are the best thing to do, I'm just extremely unsure, almost as if God's will is for me to wait.

Thank you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Get several more 'medical' / 'health professional' consultations BEFORE you do anything . (even if it takes a couple years, which is actually about average)

You will be VERY GLAD and rewarded that you waited until God is able to show you the truth, in line with all of His Word, and your health.

Upvote 0

JohnMarkF

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2018
WEST POINT
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey Brennan,

It would be hard for any Christian to answer that type of question for you or to say what God has in store for you. The only advice I could give would be to weigh the side effects, consider if they are worth it. Only you can know that you heard God speak to you and only you can make the decision.. Continue to pray and wait on God until you actually make your final decision. I will say a special prayer for you as well. God Bless.

Mark

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I prayed about it, I felt an inner voice say to me, "Patience," just the word "patience." But, I feel conflicted about whether or not that was my brain just thinking, or God's voice.

Inner voices are not a reliable guide to anything. In my experience, they are mostly not from God.

Refusing a medical treatment recommended by doctors is generally a bad idea. Depending on the underlying causes, there could be serious negative consequences from refusing or even from delaying it. We've had people here on CF experiencing serious problems because they delayed puberty boosters that they should have taken.

If you're uncertain about the treatment, talk to a pastor, or to a doctor. Don't take medical advice from random people on the Internet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, God puts doctors into our lives so it seems it would be best to take your doctor's advice??

Maybe a second opinion also needed before making a final decision??

Is there a Pastor or Elder that you might call on??

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My gut instinct is that you heard God and He said to wait (be patient). Maybe He has some job for you in the future that requires you to be shorter than your fellows. You never know.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Inner voices are not a reliable guide to anything.

This treatment sounds to me like a very good idea. If you're uncertain about it, talk to a pastor, or to a doctor who is a Christian.
In the last couple decades, it has been apparent that pastors are not very helpful at all with things like this, unless they have a few years specialized training and experiential knowledge in biology-related health concerns.
Even doctors don't often know much more than their own field of practice encompasses,
so getting several more medical / health professoinal consultations for information (don't decide fast, take more time as able) is very much hoped for and can
be very enlightening as well. i.e. perhaps think outside the box ? Within good healthy limits, of course. (not south obingoniy snake oil) :) ....

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the last couple decades, it has been apparent that pastors are not very helpful at all with things like this

Pastors are (or should be) good people to ask about "Is the voice in my head from God?" and "Should Christians refuse medical care?".

• Useful
Reactions: JohnMarkF
Upvote 0