Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
An online friend in another forum posted this question:......any advice?

"I have to write a letter to my confirmation candidate, and I have no idea where to even start. The only guideline we were given was that it was to be personal, and that we were not to use general examples. Does anyone else have any experience doing this? If not, do you have any advice?

Thanks..."

marciadietrich

Senior Veteran
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
✟13,560.00
Faith
Catholic
In our parish they had a basket of pictures of the confirmation candidates and asked we might write them a letter or get them a gift. I did both. Bought a little book called "Prove It! Church" and a couple of holy cards and then did a short letter I printed out using a greeting card program and put inside of the book - sort of like a dedication. I didn't know her, but just wrote about how I was a recent convert and her being confirmed at her age she was way ahead of me. So tried to be personal, despite I had not met her. Did see her at a Mass later.

Hope that helps.

Marcia

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What do you wish someone would have told you when you had been confirmed. I was confirmed at 13, and these are a few things I wished someone had told me:
1. Rosaries are more than nice presents, they are instrument that leads you to God.
2. Confession is a blessing, and you should not be ashamed to go.
3. The CCC is a handbook for life. Get a large hardback cover so you don't bust the spine.
4. Eucharistic Adoration: Just do it!
5. It is not important what you think is the truth, your thoughts will surely change with time. What matters is standing with Jesus on his rock, The Catholic Church. In the Catholic Church you will find the fullness of truth.
6. God hears all prayers no matter how small.

Ask God to give you the words.
Colleen

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.