New Zealand
✟8,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I lied to my boss a few weeks back. He called me and I didn't answer the phone, but he could see through our security camera system that I was using my phone at the time. He called me out on it and I lied and said that I was searching something for a customer.
I'm suffering from guilt now, and I can't tell if it is Holy Spirit conviction or demonic condemnation.
I've sought forgiveness from God, but I can't shake this horrible guilty feeling. It's all I think about.
I'm not even sure that my boss would remember the situation.
Is God trying to tell me to confess to my boss, too? Or is Satan persecuting me?
Please help.

Caitlin.ann

Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you sure you want to post this here? Or were you looking for a Christian-specific answer?

If you feel guilty then you probably shouldn't use your phone at work unless it's an emergency. Guilt is natural when you feel like you've done something wrong. I don't personally think it has anything to do with religion, but moreso how you were raised and what you feel is right and wrong.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I'm suffering from guilt now, and I can't tell if it is Holy Spirit conviction or demonic condemnation.
Are you sure these are the only two options?
I've sought forgiveness from God, but I can't shake this horrible guilty feeling. It's all I think about.
Is this the first time in your life that you did something you feel was wrong? Is it the first time you have guilt feelings over something?
If not, how did you handle the previous instances?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God trying to tell me to confess to my boss, too? Or is Satan persecuting me?
Please help.
I suspect that the Holy Spirit is convicting you. Confess your sin to God and ask for His forgiveness. As for confessing to your boss, I personally would not. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a deal, and who knows what would happen if you came clean to the boss. The important thing is to learn from this and from now on to live as pure a life as possible.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I lied to my boss a few weeks back. He called me and I didn't answer the phone, but he could see through our security camera system that I was using my phone at the time. He called me out on it and I lied and said that I was searching something for a customer.
Please help.

aww you got scared. we all slip up every once in a while. heck, recently i flipped out at work and cussed an innocent guy out with loud screaming and whatnot. work can be very stressful for people and such could push us to do things we might not otherwise do.

that is good you are so concerned over such a small thing. I bet God wants you to confess to him more :) he probably loves to hear from you.

be careful that you don't think too highly of authority and to rather be concerned for things that are moral and godly.

Upvote 0