Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You said Trump was doing more. I agreed, and pointed out that Trump is doing more to enlarge the swamp than any POTUS before him.

Trump Is Nominating Unqualified Judges At An Unprecedented Rate
The American Bar Association’s Standing Committee of the Federal Judiciary, which has been evaluating judicial appointments since the 1950s, has assessed 53 of Trump's 58 nominees and found four "not qualified."

“It’s certainly unprecedented,” said Carl Tobias, a professor at the University of Richmond law school and expert in judicial nominations.
please refrain from reading into my post what is not there and reinventing what I said so that you can try to flame me into a response that will eventually result in some ungodly behavior.

That was a polite warning that I do not tolerate such behavior....either deal with the point I was making or don't respond, it's that simple.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This comment is sure to ruffle a few feathers but as I was sitting here thinking about this discussion it just seemed so clear that Satan is using politics to achieve his desires for division and lack of Love rather than uniting us and showing us the ways of God over man.
I agree. There is much justifying of evil behavior.

Proverbs 17:15

He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I will agree with you about enlarging the swamp. Trump has definitely done more to enlarge the swamp than any POTUS before him, it's not even close.

And he has certainly done much to attack the poorest and most vulnerable in your society by, for example, taking away many people's healthcare.

So I see your point, but imo being the worst is not a good thing.
And he has certainly done much to attack the poorest and most vulnerable in your society

You mean like bringing attention, awareness to Human Trafficking and the slavery trade, which includes children (the poorest and most vulnerable) who are trafficked and used as sex slaves? By the way, President Trump has established January as National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month.

In addition, he has been one of the most supportive of Presidents and has spoken out for the most poorest and vulnerable (babies in the womb).

In addition:

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
please refrain from reading into my post what is not there and reinventing what I said so that you can try to flame me into a response that will eventually result in some ungodly behavior.

That was a polite warning that I do not tolerate such behavior....either deal with the point I was making or don't respond, it's that simple.
My apologies. I didn't realize it would upset you. I won't do it again.

• Friendly
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's understandable, the Republicans liked his immigration policy and supply side attitude. I was sometimes embarrassed by Bill Clinton and Obama managed to avoid scandals, but the ACA was disappointing. Nothing like what is going on with Trump, Bannon being sopenaed has to worry them. Trump had a budget deal in his hand but for some reason blew up the negotiations, I just don't get this guy. He is a one timer and with the interim elections looming on the horizon it's got to be tough time to support him.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Lord God, gave Adam ONE command.
He couldn't keep it.

The Lord God, gave Hebrews HUNDREDS of Laws.
They couldn't keep them.

The Lord God, FULFILLED the Law.
Many can not Believe it.

The Lord God, gave all of mankind ONE Blood, ONE Body.
Many can not Believe it.

The US government, Fed, States, County, have Millions of Laws and Regulations.

The PEOPLE of the US, call themselves FREE.
The Millions of Laws, and Regulations....
KEEP a FREE PEOPLE, under the CONTROL of the Government.

Wealthy People, take Risks, are adventurous to TRY new innovations.
Their RISKS, provide opportunities for JOBS,
For themselves, and for MILLIONS of others.

The MILLIONS complain. They don't want a JOB, they want the WEALTH of the WEALTHY.

"They" WANT, to be called FREE, while they solicited FOR MORE LAWS, MORE REGULATIONS, to MAKE the WEALTHY GIVE "THEM" their wealth, so "THEY" can sit in "their" FREE fine home, with their FREE food, and FREE furnishing, their FREE electricity, their FREE water, their FREE transportation, their FREE tv's and computers, and FREELY do as they please, having BABIES, that WILL HAVE the SAME FREE burdening lifestyle, at the expense of the Wealthy and Middle class.

1 Volumne of Federal USC, 1927
50 Volumnes of Federal USC, 1980
Since 2010 54 Volumnes of Federal USC,
(Vol 53 reserved)
USC (United States Code of enacted statutes)

Approx 200 Volumes CFR (codes of Fed Regs)

Number of Federal CRIMES that can be committed....exceeding 4,450.

Yes Trump is attempting to REMOVE Federal Laws and Regulations.

Kudos TO him!

True Liberty is Only through Christ the Lord.
Earthly Governments CONTROL through Laws.

If a man truly wants Liberty, Put your Trust in God, Submit to Him, TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN FAMILIES and STOP asking your Government to CONTROL you, by begging them to MAKE MORE LAWS.

AND BTW - What a foreigner "THINKS", Americans and their President SHOULD like or do, is of ZERO interest, whether that foreigner, lives in the US or outside the US.

1 Tim 5: 8
But if any provide not for his own, and
Specially for those of HIS OWN HOUSE, He has DENIED the FAITH,
AND IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL.

God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I put it all into this perspective:

In the 19th century (1800's), just about the only contact the average person had with the federal government was the mail man.

I want to return to that paradigm.
Huh??? You're living in fantasyland. That USA is gone forever. Federal functions like Medicare and SS are as much a part of American life as the Superbowl. These kinds of programs have vastly improved the quality of life for millions of our fellow citizens. And you can't dump these responsibilities on the states. Most can barely fill potholes in their highways. (If states are so competent, why would we even think about a multi-billion dollar federal infrastructure program?)

Like it or not, we are no longer a self-contained, geograhically isolated, rural, agrarian country. We're a diverse, urbanized, technology-dependent, society competing in global economy. Challenging as it is, it affords us a standard of living that is cosmically better than anything achievable with obsolete government institutions. And if you're a religious person, you should thank God every day that we don't live in nation mired in 19th century social thinking.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh??? You're living in fantasyland. That USA is gone forever.
Yes. I get that. That's why I moved from Seattle to a farm in central KY. There is very little government involvement in my life here. The property taxes are already shockingly low and, when I turn 65 in one year, they get cut in half due to my age. :)

Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I get that. That's why I moved from Seattle to a farm in central KY. There is very little government involvement in my life here. The property taxes are already shockingly low and, when I turn 65 in one year, they get cut in half due to my age. :)

It's great if you're still working. But at some point, you won't be. Will you not file for SS? You've been paying for it for years. And how about health insurance after you retire and are not covered by an employer group policy? There's pretty much no realistic option for comprehensive coverage other than Medicare. Which you've also been paying for over the years. You'll get Part A automatically when you file for SS. If you needed hospitalization, would you not use it?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the thing about government involvement in our neck of the woods.

1. if we didn't have to pay any tax we would have enough to live from paycheck to paycheck making less of a burden on any program that might want to help us survive and less of a burden on us which would reduce stress which improves health.
2. we can't get a Dr. to address the real issues we have to start out with. It is so bad that we now refuse to go to the Dr. for anything that we can treat at home.
3. as to SS...we will never be able to retire as it is so who cares. SS recipients are making more than we do as it is and my health (largely caused by poor Dr. care) is so that I can't work which puts all the strain on my husband and his job.
4. by living in the country with little to no regulations we have more opportunity to do whatever it takes to survive. That is we have no regulations for improvements to our property, gardening, fences for critters, etc. We can use whatever we can glean in order to help provide for ourselves, its about survival.

now, all four of those things would be gone if we had more government thus making it harder yet to survive. I will take less government every time.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's great if you're still working. But at some point, you won't be. Will you not file for SS? You've been paying for it for years. And how about health insurance after you retire and are not covered by an employer group policy? There's pretty much no realistic option for comprehensive coverage other than Medicare. Which you've also been paying for over the years. You'll get Part A automatically when you file for SS. If you needed hospitalization, would you not use it?
I turn 66 in two years. I'll start taking SS immediately. This is an income tax state, except SS is exempt. And the cost of living here is a fraction of what it was in Seattle. My wife and I are six days apart in age. When we start collecting SS we will be able to live very comfortably on SS alone if we had to. That's why we moved here.

And yes, I will not go for option B. I get option A whether I want it or not and it is pretty much worthless. We have had no health insurance at all since the day Obamacare kicked in on 1/1/2014. We've saved roughly $52,000 AFTER TAXES on insurance in that time and spent zero dollars on health care other than our six month dental visits, which total $500 a year for both of us.

We pray every single day to the Great Healer to keep us strong and healthy. He is faithful. At this point, acquiring health insurance would be an act against faith for us.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Honestly I think this article is funny because I think Trump is making good on the promises he made. More so then any or all presidents before him anyway. I think the real problem with all political discussions and ideals is a matter or perspective and nothing more or less. Thus, this man had a change of perspective, not based on fact but based on what he was told the facts were....I don't think any of us will really ever know the facts when it comes to politics.

No, sweetie, all opinions are only created equal in kindergarten. Not so much in the real world.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
This comment is sure to ruffle a few feathers but as I was sitting here thinking about this discussion it just seemed so clear that Satan is using politics to achieve his desires for division and lack of Love rather than uniting us and showing us the ways of God over man.

That’s one way of avoiding taking responsibility for your mistakes I suppose ^_^

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, sweetie, all opinions are only created equal in kindergarten. Not so much in the real world.
Huh? I didn't say the opinions were not created equal I said that each side discards the other side as false....man it's hard to figure out what some of you all are going on about when you all read so much into my posts that is not there. IOW's I said nothing at all about opinions only the perspective that people bring to the discussion...why is that so upsetting to so many people?

Let me clarify...an opinion is nothing more than what one person thinks about a specific thing or person. As such they are all equal in that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I am not sure how that addresses anything I said that you quoted in that it was not about opinions but perspective.

Now perspective is a different thing...let me quote the definition for you...a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view:...see the difference in the two words?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Kinda funny. I was a "never trumper" but held my nose and voted against Hillary. I really had no choice.

I used to be embarrassed for him when he spoke, but I get it now. I've learned to ignore what he says and watch what he does. It's kinda comical. Everybody knows that politicians are constantly lying, it's like he's using hyperbole to drive the point home.

I mean, let's be honest: A lying politician? Oh, the humanity! :D

If the left could ignore is words as well as I do, they'd be doing much better with their credibility, btw.

Are we saying that even though Trump's appeal during the campaign was that "he says what he means", now his appeal is that he is so obviously lying to us?

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0