St. Louis, MO.
✟373,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A very pointed op-ed piece in the paper today. This guy sure has buyer's remorse. Kinda funny, and sad at the same time.

"Was I blind to Trump’s shortcomings? No. I was vehemently against, even hateful, to the man all the way up to the point he won my Republican Party’s nomination. After his primary victory, I then simply donned my sheep costume and followed my herd. Little did I know then that we were being herded to a place where our fur would be dyed orange and coiffed into a Bozo the clown look. To make matters worse, from a drone’s-eye view looking down on our herd (the same perspective the rest of the world has of our country) we collectively spell out the word “Idiot.”

Confessions of a Trump voter

Warning: He does quote the word attributed to DJT during the immigration meeting.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Honestly I think this article is funny because I think Trump is making good on the promises he made. More so then any or all presidents before him anyway. I think the real problem with all political discussions and ideals is a matter or perspective and nothing more or less. Thus, this man had a change of perspective, not based on fact but based on what he was told the facts were....I don't think any of us will really ever know the facts when it comes to politics.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very pointed op-ed piece in the paper today. This guy sure has buyer's remorse. Kinda funny, and sad at the same time.

"Was I blind to Trump’s shortcomings? No. I was vehemently against, even hateful, to the man all the way up to the point he won my Republican Party’s nomination. After his primary victory, I then simply donned my sheep costume and followed my herd. Little did I know then that we were being herded to a place where our fur would be dyed orange and coiffed into a Bozo the clown look. To make matters worse, from a drone’s-eye view looking down on our herd (the same perspective the rest of the world has of our country) we collectively spell out the word “Idiot.”

Warning: He does quote the word attributed to DJT during the immigration meeting.
Yeah, his opinion of the what the world thinks is pretty well spot on.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Kinda funny. I was a "never trumper" but held my nose and voted against Hillary. I really had no choice.

I used to be embarrassed for him when he spoke, but I get it now. I've learned to ignore what he says and watch what he does. It's kinda comical. Everybody knows that politicians are constantly lying, it's like he's using hyperbole to drive the point home.

I mean, let's be honest: A lying politician? Oh, the humanity! :D

If the left could ignore is words as well as I do, they'd be doing much better with their credibility, btw.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly I think this article is funny because I think Trump is making good on the promises he made. More so then any or all presidents before him anyway. I think the real problem with all political discussions and ideals is a matter or perspective and nothing more or less. Thus, this man had a change of perspective, not based on fact but based on what he was told the facts were....I don't think any of us will really ever know the facts when it comes to politics.
Draining the swamp? No.

Affordable Healthcare for everyone? No.

Save Coal mining jobs? No.

Build a 2000 mile wall of concrete and steel? No.

Unite the country? No.

Make deals? No.

Make the USA respected around the world? No.

Make Mexico pay for the wall? No.

Hire the best people? No.

Which of his main promises has he kept? For many he has done the exact opposite of what he promised, for instance, uniting the country and draining the swamp. Both are worse than when he took over.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the article, one of Trump's accomplishments was the passage of the tax reform bill that gave the richest Americans, such as Trump himself huge tax breaks, while giving crumbs to the middle class and poor, all the while putting the country in debt 1.5 trillion to pay for his and his buddies tax breaks.

Can you please provide a reputable source providing evidence of Trump promising to make himself and his rich buddies much richer, at the expense of the national debt? Thank you.

As well some of the "accomplishments", such as removing environmental protections, are not an accomplishment, but a disgrace.

So perhaps we just have a different opinion of what constitutes an accomplishment?

As well, there are things listed for which there is no evidence Trump had anything to do with. I found those problems without searching, so realistically the article is a waste of time as a true evaluation of Trump's accomplishments.

EDIT: Just did a quick google of the source, and it's reliability from here: These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

That sounds about right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the article, one of Trump's accomplishments was the passage of the tax reform bill that gave the richest Americans, such as Trump himself huge tax breaks, while giving crumbs to the middle class and poor, all the while putting the country in debt 1.5 trillion to pay for his and his buddies tax breaks.

Can you please provide a reputable source providing evidence of Trump promising to make himself and his rich buddies much richer, at the expense of the national debt? Thank you.

As well some of the "accomplishments", such as removing environmental protections, are not an accomplishment, but a disgrace.

So perhaps we just have a different opinion of what constitutes an accomplishment?

As well, there are things listed for which there is no evidence Trump had anything to do with. I found those problems without searching, so realistically the article is a waste of time as a true evaluation of Trump's accomplishments.

EDIT: Just did a quick google of the source, and it's reliability from here: These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

That sounds about right.
Hey, I'm not saying you'll like his accomplishments. I'm just pointing out that he did what those that like him wanted him to do. I didn't like him before the election because I didn't think he was a conservative. But his actual accomplishments expose him as more conservative than Reagan.

I love it!

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Draining the swamp? No.

Affordable Healthcare for everyone? No.

Save Coal mining jobs? No.

Build a 2000 mile wall of concrete and steel? No.

Unite the country? No.

Make deals? No.

Make the USA respected around the world? No.

Make Mexico pay for the wall? No.

Hire the best people? No.

Which of his main promises has he kept? For many he has done the exact opposite of what he promised, for instance, uniting the country and draining the swamp. Both are worse than when he took over.
as I said, I think it is a matter of perspective because I would say he has done more in these areas then anyone before him and I don't even like him....perspective....

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as I said, I think it is a matter of perspective because I would say he has done more in these areas then anyone before him and I don't even like him....perspective....
He got the elimination of the personal mandate, effectively killing obamacare. We're going back to free markets to one degree or another whether the planners like it or not. Companies are now advertising prices for MRI's. $399 including results interpretation. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He got the elimination of the personal mandate, effectively killing obamacare. We're going back to free markets to one degree or another whether the planners like it or not. Companies are now advertising prices for MRI's. $399 including results interpretation. :)
the problem is that the left refuses to hear anything that resembles the right and visa versa....thus perspective. IOW's the left refuses anything that sounds right and the right refuses anything that sounds left and the end result is that no one really knows for sure what is going on or if it is good or bad for our country...in addition we add to the equation the personal agenda as in "I lost my job it's all Trumps fault" or "I had a medical emergency and couldn't get help when Trump promised...." all the time forgetting two very important factors, 1. the president no matter who that might be is suppose to be there for the country as a whole not the individual and 2. all things take time to manifest themselves into our everyday lives. That is why it is all reduced to perspective.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the problem is that the left refuses to hear anything that resembles the right and visa versa....thus perspective. IOW's the left refuses anything that sounds right and the right refuses anything that sounds left and the end result is that no one really knows for sure what is going on or if it is good or bad for our country...in addition we add to the equation the personal agenda as in "I lost my job it's all Trumps fault" or "I had a medical emergency and couldn't get help when Trump promised...." all the time forgetting two very important factors, 1. the president no matter who that might be is suppose to be there for the country as a whole not the individual and 2. all things take time to manifest themselves into our everyday lives. That is why it is all reduced to perspective.
I put it all into this perspective:

In the 19th century (1800's), just about the only contact the average person had with the federal government was the mail man.

I want to return to that paradigm.

• Agree
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I put it all into this perspective:

In the 19th century (1800's), just about the only contact the average person had with the federal government was the mail man.

I want to return to that paradigm.
I'm with you on that

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This comment is sure to ruffle a few feathers but as I was sitting here thinking about this discussion it just seemed so clear that Satan is using politics to achieve his desires for division and lack of Love rather than uniting us and showing us the ways of God over man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Kinda funny. I was a "never trumper" but held my nose and voted against Hillary. I really had no choice.

I used to be embarrassed for him when he spoke, but I get it now. I've learned to ignore what he says and watch what he does. It's kinda comical. Everybody knows that politicians are constantly lying, it's like he's using hyperbole to drive the point home.

I mean, let's be honest: A lying politician? Oh, the humanity! :D

If the left could ignore is words as well as I do, they'd be doing much better with their credibility, btw.
I've learned to ignore what he says and watch what he does.

Exemplary insight you gots there.

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will agree with you about enlarging the swamp. Trump has definitely done more to enlarge the swamp than any POTUS before him, it's not even close.

And he has certainly done much to attack the poorest and most vulnerable in your society by, for example, taking away many people's healthcare.

So I see your point, but imo being the worst is not a good thing.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will agree with you about enlarging the swamp. Trump has definitely done more to enlarge the swamp than any POTUS before him, it's not even close.

And he has certainly done much to attack the poorest and most vulnerable in your society by, for example, taking away many people's healthcare.

So I see your point, but imo being the worst is not a good thing.
huh? where did I say he enlarged the swamp? Where did I say that he is the worst? I'm confused by your comments in regards to the quote you included.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
huh? where did I say he enlarged the swamp? Where did I say that he is the worst? I'm confused by your comments in regards to the quote you included.
He's trolling you. :D

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
huh? where did I say he enlarged the swamp?

You said Trump was doing more,and one of the things I talked about was that Trump had enlarged the swamp. I agreed, and pointed out that Trump is doing more to enlarge the swamp than any POTUS before him. For example:

Trump Is Nominating Unqualified Judges At An Unprecedented Rate
The American Bar Association’s Standing Committee of the Federal Judiciary, which has been evaluating judicial appointments since the 1950s, has assessed 53 of Trump's 58 nominees and found four "not qualified."

“It’s certainly unprecedented,” said Carl Tobias, a professor at the University of Richmond law school and expert in judicial nominations.

Upvote 0